:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
blow out loss before the bye, gotta think about this crap for 2 weeks smh

don't marinade too hard on it bruh. how the niners played tonite is obviously not reflective of how good the team will be once we have a semblance of a pass rush with aldon, cowboy and lynch. i'm not betting money on bowman coming back or being close to last year's form if/when he does, but i strongly believe this defense is going to show up consistently and strong after the bye.

i'm pretty sure a lot of yall probably agree but my biggest concern is that offensive line and its health. been playing musical chairs all season.

Oline is the 2nd biggest problem behind injuries and now Kilgore is out smh, **** keeps piling up man

Sucks too lose, but what hurt more was the loss of kilgore. Double ms waiting in the bullpen though

Niners will be good when they get a pass rush. I will never stop believing in this team. Hope this loss light a fire under this team

Not surprised.

As for center, marcus martin looked really good in preseason so I'm very excited to see what he can do.

Last edited:
ugly loss but positives from today's game:

-first sack for Lynchmobb
-first TD for BruceBruce
-brandon lloyd and stevie j continue to show up for us
-kaep's accuracy when he has more than a blink to throw (should've had at least 4 more completions+TD had it not been for drops)
-most challenging game off the schedule
-closing out 1st half on a high note again

negatives
-VD is a ****** sucka and his weak *** hands were contagious tonite
-entire oline was a turnstile
-kaep's decision on 3rd and 2. after a big stop out of halftime, converting that could've swung the momentum in our favor.

yeah, that 3rd and short play was huge. He had bruce underneath. Could have been a game if we were able to score, instead the tides turned and weren't able to recover.

hopefully a lot will be accomplished during the bye week.

This is probably as bad as the injury bug has hit us during the Harbaugh era.

Every week, someone on the O-line stays getting hurt :smh: :x

Not surprised what happened tonight, all the injuries/absences on defense, we were bound to get lit up by a team like the Broncos.

4-3 at the bye w/ how the roster has been isn't the worst thing in the world but :smh: how they could be 6-1 if not for those early season brain farts we had vs the Bears and Cardinals.

Vernon is just a liability and a bum out there now.

Eric Reid seems like he's gone Swayze on us. Don't even remember seeing him anywhere on the field tonight or the last few weeks even though he's played obviously.

This was the hardest game on the schedule all season and we're playing without half our starters. I am not sure why people are throwing in the towel on the season.

People jump to conclusions way too fast over one game.  Yall new to football? The football season is full of highs and lows, and you have to remain even-keeled. 
Agreed I come here to see if somebody has something insightful after a loss and all I read is people saying it's over. Go root for Seattle with that BS

Last edited:
The bye week definitely helps whoever is going to be playing center. Should be Marcus Martin, hopefully hes done rehabbing by then. An extra week to get the chemistry down with Kap.

We get guys like Bowman and Lattimore rehabbing right after the bye week as well. Looking forward to seeing this team in a few weeks.

The Bears loss is going to bite us in the end. If you were to tell me we would lose at Arizona before the season I wouldn't be completely shocked but losing to the Bears at home :x

Last edited:
-wasn't expecting the niners to win last night, but I was hoping it was going to be a closer game. The kap interception really killed the little momentum they had going. The pass intended for lloyd should have been a touchdown if Kap throws a catchable ball.
-Can't believe boldin dropped that pass in the endzone
-Kilgore was doing a great job at center. Dude is gone for the year :x. Injury bug has hit the niners really bad.
-Hope once Aldon returns the pass rush comes back to form. Lynch is going to be a monster once he develops a bit more :smokin

Lynch showed some new pass rush moves last night. The kid is learning and applying it. Love it. QBs are going to get sandwiched when Aldon and Lynch are both in the game.

Borland was completely overwhelmed. Playing middle linebacker in this defense is probably the second toughest position on the defense and having the inexperienced Willhoite as the play-caller didn't make things any easier.

Last edited:
Lynch showed some new pass rush moves last night. The kid is learning and applying it. Love it. QBs are going to get sandwiched when Aldon and Lynch are both in the game.

Borland was completely overwhelmed. Playing middle linebacker in this defense is probably the second toughest position on the defense and having the inexperienced Willhoite as the play-caller didn't make things any easier.

although they're not terrible individually, a defense with a combination of willhoite, skuta, and borland playing inside linebacker is not going to be fun to watch

although they're not terrible individually, a defense with a combination of willhoite, skuta, and borland playing inside linebacker is not going to be fun to watch
Over the past couple seasons, every one of our backup linebackers has done an amazing job when it is one of said linebackers and three starters.  Granted, their deficiencies are masked by playing next to 2 or 3 all pros....its just when you get ALL of the backups in at the same time when it looks beyond ugly.

Back
Top Bottom