:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since Skuta still hasnt been fined for the hit on Stanton I guess the hit was legal and shouldnt have been penalized. :smh:

Didn't look illegal to me... Hit with the shoulder

It wasn't. Just a bad overreaction by the refs since in real time at first glance, it looked illegal but replay clearly shows Skuta was already in motion diving at him before Stanton starting sliding and his helmet didn't connect with Stanton's.

Stanton even told Skuta right after that play that the penalty was a bad call.

Just can't stand what the league has come to in the last couple years where any hit legal or not; it it looks vicious in real time, then it's 9 times out of 10 going to be called a penalty.

Just f'n terrible :smh: :stoneface:

It's going to be interesting to see how Fangio counters that high-octane Chip Kelly offense. Probably will be in nickel all game long. Going to be tough to stop the passing game with zero pressure on the QB. 
mean.gif
 This could get ugly...
sick.gif

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see how Fangio counters that high-octane Chip Kelly offense. Probably will be in nickel all game long. Going to be tough to stop the passing game with zero pressure on the QB. :smh:  This could get ugly...:x

How's that for a game match-up storyline?

The team that starts fast and then can't score in the 2nd half going up against the team that starts slow and then pulls off miraculous/ridiculous comebacks in the 4th quarter.

:smh:

49ers need pass rush, so where's Tank?

September 25, 2014, 8:00 am

\\

SANTA CLARA – The 49ers need a pass rusher.

And that’s exactly why they selected Tank Carradine in the second round of the 2013 draft.

Yet, Carradine has been inactive in two games and played a minimal role in a third game this season after never getting on the field as a rookie while he rehabbed from a knee injury that ended his college career.

“He’s coming,” coach Jim Harbaugh said on Wednesday when asked why Carradine does not have a role in the 49ers’ defense. “He’s in that role of getting going. Excited about his development and his future.”

The 49ers knew Carradine was a project when they selected him. They knew there would be very little carryover from what he did in college to what he would be asked to do in the 49ers’ defense. Conversely, the 49ers figured Quinton Dial would have an easier time making the jump to the NFL because his training and responsibilities in Alabama’s defense were similar to what the 49ers are asking of him.

General manager Trent Baalke spoke last season about Carradine’s transition from college.

“If you remember the system he played at Florida State, hand in the dirt, outside edges, playing fast up-field, it’s a different style than we play,” Baalke said. “So there is going to be a learning curve for Tank.”

Currently, Demarcus Dobbs and Tony Jerod-Eddie are veterans who rank ahead of Carradine as backups on the 49ers depth chart. Carradine told the Sacramento Bee  that his familiarity with the playbook and the 49ers’ techniques are the biggest obstacles preventing him from making a contribution.

“There are some things that I get, a lot of stuff I get,” he said. “Then there's some stuff I don't get. And when you compare that to somebody else who's been in the system longer, of course, they're going to know more than you.”

Eric Branch  ‏@Eric_Branch   19m
In 2012, Aldon Smith had 19.5 sacks. In 2014, #49ers are on pace for 21.3 sacks.
sick.gif

As far as utilizing Tank, I think they're over analyzing it. They probably want him to play both base(5 technique) and nickel(varied looks), but they likely feel he isn't familiar enough with the scheme as far as assignment football goes. In our nickel package, Tank can be utilized with his hand in the dirt off the edge. This is what he specialized and excelled at in College. The 49ers nickel front uses a lot of different looks and most of them are from single gap 4-3 concepts. It's not that complicated: Sit Lemonier down and LET HIM PASS RUSH NEXT TO JUSTIN SMITH. 

Another problem with activating Tank is he doesn't play special teams.

Last edited:
true that :smh:  dude should have at least 2 more INTs.

View media item 1194931
he said he re-committed himself over the summer, lost some weight and improved his conditioning. it is showing. by far our best CB in the secondary. Hopefully he can keep up this high level of play all season.

Last edited:
Been following P - Cox since he was at OSU....always liked how he played and I'm glad he's proving me right :pimp:

Last edited:
If any of you guys are watching the TNF game, I hope you are as pissed off as I am.  That fumble that was ripped out of the Skins player's hands upsets me to no end.  How the EFF was that not ruled forward progress stopped and this was?

I hate bringing up bad memories, but this call cost us #6.  Not Kyle Williams fumbles.  Not the atrocious game by Alex Smith.  THIS call is what cost us #6.

And then the Giants get the benefit of the call tonight.  I'm pissed.

If any of you guys are watching the TNF game, I hope you are as pissed off as I am.  That fumble that was ripped out of the Skins player's hands upsets me to no end.  How the EFF was that not ruled forward progress stopped and this was?

I hate bringing up bad memories, but this call cost us #6.  Not Kyle Williams fumbles.  Not the atrocious game by Alex Smith.  THIS call is what cost us #6.

And then the Giants get the benefit of the call tonight.  I'm pissed.

they're the new york ******* football giants. im not even surprised.

Saw a post about the NYG and decided to check it out and now I'm pissed.

I've always said this but that loss hurt more than the SB for me. I felt that was our year with that dominant defense.

I've always said this but that loss hurt more than the SB for me. I felt that was our year with that dominant defense.
same

that defense was vicious. that second half defensive performance always sticks out in my mind as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, performance i've ever seen. they were like a rabid pitbull foaming at the mouth. they beat the **** out of eli.

posted before, but this video always gets me 
mean.gif
frown.gif

Last edited:
Justin Smith was amazing towards the end of that game. I remember a sack on Eli he had in OT I believe that got me so hyped.

yup, justin smith was the best defensive player in the NFL that year. maybe best overall.

Last edited:
2011 :frown: still hurts man

Side note. If anyone wants tix for this Sunday's game let me know, I'm not able to attend. Sec 124 row 28 hit my pm.

**** kyle Williams lmao

Back
Top Bottom