:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@oakland With the team having to pick up Amari's fifth-year option this offseason and also having to pay Khalil Mack, what are the chances the team makes Amari available if he continues to have an underwhelming season?

Can't pay everybody. :emoji_eyes:

For those of you guys who kinda know me, you know I am not a big follower of college football....but I do pay a little more attention when we are bad. I understand a lot of the way too early mock drafts had us looking at QB, but obviously that has changed.

I just stumbled upon cbssports.com's latest mock which includes the Jimmy G trade. It has us drafting wide receiver Courtland Sutton from SMU. While I am of the opinion that we need elite talent on offense, I also thought that this draft is being criticized for there not being a lot of great WR options. Is Sutton really worth potentially the 2nd overall pick? This is the first time I am seeing a mock with a WR slated to go anywhere close to as high as they have him projected in this one.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Sutton is a taleneted kid who has that rare wing span but needs to defintely have a outstanding combine to crack top 5.

Last edited:
Yeah, he needs to blow up the combine to go that high.

It can happen if the numbers he's listed at check out.

Last edited:
He's listed at 6'4" 215 lbs. We'll see how accurate those are.

For some context: Julio Jones measured out at 6'3" and 220 lbs with 33" arms, 4.39 40, 38.5 vert, and 11 1/4 ft broad jump. Freak of freaks.

Don't sleep on Auden Tate. He's another huge WR(listed at 6'5" 225 lbs). I think he's better at using his body to box out defenders and high point the ball than Sutton.

That's the plan.

Auden Tate(6'5", 225lbs) would look good in a 49er uniform. :nerd:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
@oakland With the team having to pick up Amari's fifth-year option this offseason and also having to pay Khalil Mack, what are the chances the team makes Amari available if he continues to have an underwhelming season?

Can't pay everybody. :emoji_eyes:

It is a 1-35% chance by Reggie McKenzie.
35% Reggie McKenzie is being extremely kind and reading the idea of a trade and just laughing from his silver and black office.

I say this because the coaching staff knows what Amari can do and wants to continue believing in 2015 and 2016 gains down the road (that was their intention and vision when they signed him). But let's be honest. Raiders added too many new faces in Cook and Patterson and changes that threw off the group. Raiders were fine with Walford and Holmes and needed to build out chemistry further with WHO they had. We peaked last year and we are seeing players for who they really are right now/have been. I anticipate that this will pass in time (optimistic), but I'm not sure how long the leash will be on Amari or this staff honestly which is affecting his production right now.

Amari still drops the ball, still doesn't have great field awareness near the sidelines, and seems to fall into funks/go missing when the offense fails to produce any rhythm or conversions. He does have breakout games, but it really is based on the energy and flow of the offense and who is out there. You have to get him going early and often and hope he builds something by moving him around the field more. We've regressed to a predictable offense which doesn't take advantage of or allow players to move in space all the time (benefitting the speed and finesse of Cooper), we've over-managed games to the point of becoming extremely stale which puts the players like Amari down in a weird funk, and we've overbuilt with players who haven't necessarily benefited the team THAT much. The drops, missed assignments, receivers running the same assignments, Carr's inaccuracy down the field and out of the backfield (more glowingly now) adds to diminishing returns.

red81 red81 Amari needs an offense like Kyle's and a QB like Jimmy who can deliver quickly. His release is a little quicker than Carr and Jimmy's balls (pause) are a little more accurate. Jimmy can bomb too down the field off play actions and bootlegs. Bring Lane Kiffin back to Oakland or Hue Jackson :smile: in exchange for Del Rio and Downing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched more of Jimmy’s presser from yesterday..when he talks, why does his mouth look like kanye trynna rap thru the wire? How does cuzz manage to have a buff jawline??

I'm not supposed to like the Patriots, but this trade and how it was done just shows how involved BB is. He did Kyle and John and Jimmy a nice one.

I'm not supposed to like the Patriots, but this trade and how it was done just shows how involved BB is. He did Kyle and John and Jimmy a nice one.

The main reason I'm so hyped about Jimmy is because you could tell BB did not want to let him go. Multiple QBS have been over valued just because they came out of that camp. I think BB really thought he had the heir apparent in for Brady. TB is just a once in a lifetime type of dude and may really play until he's 45. BB could've gotten a first for Jimmy but held on to him to see if Brady would fall off and dude didn't. So might as well get something for him before the deadline. I'm sure he wanted to send Jimmy to the best situation; which was us.

Man, I'm newly engaged yet I don't feel safe.

May move the wedding to next weekend and knock her up by the end of the night.

Im going to have to show her a picture of him soon though. I'd rather tell her sooner than later for my sanity. I don't know if I can take the surprise of going through her browser history and see his name all over it.

The things we do for the red and gold.

You guys talk about some weird **** when I'm not around :lol:

Aside from Jimmy G possibly coming thru and ******* all our *****es, the Garoppolo trade puts us in a great position for the draft. We got a QB, Cleveland Browns botched multiple attempts to get their own. Cleveland probably the only team that's gonna get to pick before us, and Cleveland looking like they're gonna have to draft a QB.

Seems to me that Saquon is ours for the taking, and accordingly some of the mocks I've seen since the trade deadline have us taking him at 2nd overall.

Raiders would be fools to let Cooper go, if they do I'd take the chance on him in the red & gold in a heartbeat. Its not like we don't have enough cap $ to give it a go, even if it doesn't work out. He just has a lot more potential upside and higher ceiling than a lot of our receiving corps. Plus the Raiders owe us a solid after Crab, Smith, and now Bowman.

Unrealistic but I want Jimmy G to get on the field vs AZ, seems like a great team to warm up against, but I suppose NYG about the same. Hopefully Jackrabbit stays suspended for NYG when we play them.

After that tho its Seattle, so he better be ready to sack up for that one.

Let bethard get some reps in. Start JG next season.

Impossible my dawg we need to see him play before we decide on things like extension or franchise tag. If he doesn't play vs AZ & NYG I would say they're giving him time to learn the offense and will have him in vs SEA after our bye week.

Since they traded him for a 2nd, theyre going to franchise him at the very least. I say wait until Staley and/or Brown comes back, against Giants or Bears would be good too, but no matter what it's still Suck for Saquon time.

Giants is two weeks away, could see that being a good starting point.

After that it's a bye week and then Seattle. idk about throwing him into the pit against the Seahawks for his very first start.

So I say its either vs NYG or wait it out until Chicago or Houston.

But in any case Jimmy G gotta play this year. We need to see how he really looks out there with what we've got, that's just part of moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom