:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope they bring in Byron Maxwell. He played really well when he was in this scheme.

he looked great in Seattle when he was with a defensive front that could generate pressure but then was buns in Philadelphia. i'm far from a knowledgeable football guru, but CB is probably the least "plug-and-play" positions on the field. given that outside of DeFo, this team rarely gets to the QB, i feel like bringing in a potentially expensive free agent at corner might be a moot point

Am I crazy for not wanting to see Jimmy G on the field this season.

i'm with you.

letting jimmy play behind this offensive line is like letting your teenager take out your new porsche the day he got his license. end well, this will not.

damn yall, like many of us in here, I had hella high hopes for rashard coming into this season. turns out that he probably has more pass interference calls than tackles and passes defended combined.

Can we tag Jimmy after this season or are we going to offer him a long term deal?

Can we tag Jimmy after this season or are we going to offer him a long term deal?
Cmon.... what kind of question is this...
XnI2gzR0tcVD1lBZtzeNubH5JAAU0YccwN5NGforJSA.png

he looked great in Seattle when he was with a defensive front that could generate pressure but then was buns in Philadelphia. i'm far from a knowledgeable football guru, but CB is probably the least "plug-and-play" positions on the field. given that outside of DeFo, this team rarely gets to the QB, i feel like bringing in a potentially expensive free agent at corner might be a moot point

They have to bring a warm body to fill the spot left by Rashard. Why not a guy who knows the scheme and played well in it.

Brian Hoyer expected to be signed by the Patriots.

Was originally going to be packaged into the deal then removed for compensatory pick reasons.

Patriots preferred we release him so they could sign him as a FA to avoid a possible cancellation of 5th round comp pick.

Fuq boy Jed can hardly contain himself.

DNf_WGlUMAA5HIp.jpg

lynch looks like he's still in good enough shape to put on his helmet and lay the hammer..with the injuries to the defense and Reid sliding over to LB, we could use him at safety.

favorite thing about this trade? we get a qb who spent three years learning under Tom Brady and hoody...it's dark days right now, fellas, BUT THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE IS BRIGHT MY Gs!!!

Not to steer away from 49er news, but this is EXACTLY why BB wasn't entertaining ANYTHING from The Browns. What a circus!

YOU CANT MAKE THIS **** UP DUDE

Jimmy looks the part already!
He does a lot of things that many of the higher rated QB's in his class and beyond don't do.
Give him some weapons and time and the field can light up.

Where does the draft begin and end with the 49ers and where are you guys seeing picks on OL, DL, at receiver, and at corner? Who else is a FA in 2018 that could work in Santa Clara?
This team is still exciting to watch despite the record. Have faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you guys who kinda know me, you know I am not a big follower of college football....but I do pay a little more attention when we are bad. I understand a lot of the way too early mock drafts had us looking at QB, but obviously that has changed.

I just stumbled upon cbssports.com's latest mock which includes the Jimmy G trade. It has us drafting wide receiver Courtland Sutton from SMU. While I am of the opinion that we need elite talent on offense, I also thought that this draft is being criticized for there not being a lot of great WR options. Is Sutton really worth potentially the 2nd overall pick? This is the first time I am seeing a mock with a WR slated to go anywhere close to as high as they have him projected in this one.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

For those of you guys who kinda know me, you know I am not a big follower of college football....but I do pay a little more attention when we are bad. I understand a lot of the way too early mock drafts had us looking at QB, but obviously that has changed.

I just stumbled upon cbssports.com's latest mock which includes the Jimmy G trade. It has us drafting wide receiver Courtland Sutton from SMU. While I am of the opinion that we need elite talent on offense, I also thought that this draft is being criticized for there not being a lot of great WR options. Is Sutton really worth potentially the 2nd overall pick? This is the first time I am seeing a mock with a WR slated to go anywhere close to as high as they have him projected in this one.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Naw Barkley or a fat lineman

Is Sutton really worth potentially the 2nd overall pick?

IMO, no way. He's up there, but I don't think he is the best WR in the draft(that's Calvin Ridley right now). There isn't a WR that merits a top-5 pick in this draft, tho.

I think Notre Dame OG Quenton Nelson is BPA after Saquon Barkley. Then come guys like Bradley Chubb, Roquan Smith ( :emoji_fingers_crossed: ), Minkah Fitzpatrick, Harold Landry, Mike McGlinchey, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom