:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok but 1. you're in a strong division; 2. your best pass rusher is going to be missing for awhile; 3. rbs dropping like flies; 4. it is just hard to line up great season after season in the NFL. 49ers had a lot of great seasons... they're probably due for a bad one. 

1,) we played in that same division last year and only loss was on the road in Seattle. Were stronger, deeper and better overall team this year.

2.) how the **** do you know how long he's going to be missing? Is roger Gooddell your boy? FYI we had both patrick Willis and Aldon smith BOTH missing at the same time last year for a large amount of games and our next man up philosophy shined through with lemon, Skuta and willhoite. Even with Aldon out Skuta and Lemonier have shown they can carry the load and two words: #LYNCHMOBB

3.) only RBs that have dropped are the 3th and 4th runningback a on the depth chart. Our work horses are both ready; El guapo is ready to be ROTY and Frankie G will never be a punk. Not to mention LMJ is almost healthy.

4.) new stadium, great team with tons of young talent and young super star QB, great coaching(maybe best in the league) and great management. This team is trending upwards.

Last edited:
As long as Carson Palmer and Sam Bradford are the QBs of those teams I wouldn't predict them being great teams. Both their defenses are great tho.

nah i'm just a fan. i probably shouldnt've come into the SF thread to say all this lol. but no, goodell isn't my boy... i just thought everyone expected 6 game suspension. i can't be sure. 

i don't think the 9ers are deeper than last year. they're older than last year. and the rest of the division got better too. especially arizona. 

as for coaching, i'll just go back to speculation that they considered trading harbs to the browns. there's the whole VD debacle, Q is aging, Crab's probably the best receiver.... but what does Stevie and Lloyd add? Kap isn't going to be looking to his third and fourth reads (imo). 

my main point is just... i don't see them winning 11 games. that's all. 

and it is foolish to say a team is trending upwards when they almost made the super bowl, made the super bowl, almost made the super bowl... that's a window of opportunity that sorta sucked for 9ers fans. if you think the future is brighter than the last 3 years, cool. 

Last edited:

nah i'm just a fan. i probably shouldnt've come into the SF thread to say all this lol. but no, goodell isn't my boy... i just thought everyone expected 6 game suspension. i can't be sure. 

i don't think the 9ers are deeper than last year. they're older than last year. and the rest of the division got better too. especially arizona. 

as for coaching, i'll just go back to speculation that they considered trading harbs to the browns. there's the whole VD debacle, Q is aging, Crab's probably the best receiver.... but what does Stevie and Lloyd add? Kap isn't going to be looking to his third and fourth reads (imo). 

my main point is just... i don't see them winning 11 games. that's all. 

and it is foolish to say a team is trending upwards when they almost made the super bowl, made the super bowl, almost made the super bowl... that's a window of opportunity that sorta sucked for 9ers fans. if you think the future is brighter than the last 3 years, cool. 
At what position are they older? They are literally deeper and younger at every single position. You keep posting these general statements with zero substance to them.

Last edited:
no point in arguing other than football just has a lot of parity. nfc west is the most stacked division and i think seattle, ari, and stl can all beat sf. 49ers prime opportunity was against the ravens that year w/ the power outage. i just wouldn't be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs. 

and the supposed tension between players and harbs. i don't know. i just have a decent chunk of change on them winning under 11 games this year. 

i had a ton on the texans under 10.5 wins last year.

You're comparing the 49ers situation to that of the Texans...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:stoneface:

yeah... hindsights 20/20 and all but people were predicting the 
roll.gif
Texans
roll.gif
to make the Super Bowl before the season started right? Or did you know they'd go 2-14? 

Let's just talk about the defense. Justin Smith isn't getting any younger. Aldon Smith can't get his stuff together. Bowman is....I'm not sure what condition he's in or his timetable but let's assume he doesn't play as great as he has in the last few years. Willis has lost a step. It really is not debatable that the defense is slowly turning into Pittsburgh Steelers 30+ club. 

Where's the youth? You got 4 veteran receivers and a QB that's going to be questioned more than ever now that he has all these toys (overrated vets imo). And mostly, (my main point this entire time) is not knocking SF but that there's a lot of parity in football. 

Look I hope you're wrong, I was just talking to a buddy and he seemed incredulous at the possibility of the 49ers not making the playoffs. I think it's a definite possibility. That's all. 

Bruh. I think this is the best year in terms of talent the niners have been in. Player by player this team is better than the super bowl year team.

Have faith
49ers faithful

have i said anything at all that was straight trolling? if you really think the best years are ahead and not behind the harbs era 49ers then cool, i respect your loyalty to your franchise. but if you think 3 playoff appearances, 1 super bowl appearance (and almost two more) is sustainable, then that's cool too. but i'm not trolling and i think i pointed out some okay points. 

no point in arguing with die hard fans that can only see things 1 way. 

Let's just talk about the defense. Justin Smith isn't getting any younger. Aldon Smith can't get his stuff together. Bowman is....I'm not sure what condition he's in or his timetable but let's assume he doesn't play as great as he has in the last few years. Willis has lost a step. It really is not debatable that the defense is slowly turning into Pittsburgh Steelers 30+ club. 
Quinton Dial and Tank Carradine at the 5 technique? Corey Lemonier, Aaron Lynch and Chris Borland in the linebacking group? What the **** are you talking about? Our secondary is extremely young as well: T Brock, Cully, Reid are all young, in their prime and we've got more young talent marinating in the background with Jimmie Ward and Dontae Johnson.
 Where's the youth? You got 4 veteran receivers and a QB that's going to be questioned more than ever now that he has all these toys (overrated vets imo). And mostly, (my main point this entire time) is not knocking SF but that there's a lot of parity in football. 
Two of those vets are still really young. Michael Crabtree is 26 and Stevie Johnson is 28. Are you familiar with Bruce Ellington or Quinton Patton?

Its evident this dude has no clue what the hell he's talking about. 

Last edited:
lol okay i get it, y'all are amped up for the season. but don't drop bruce ellington like he's jimmy graham or quinton patton like he's anybody anyone should care about. stevie got traded for whatever the 9ers gave up for a reason... i mean brandon lloyd i think is an exceptional talent but he's a 1 year rental. 

as for the linebackers, i'd probably just rather have healthy bowman and prime willis with aldon smith there. along with everyone else. maybe the 9ers will keep doing it with their 10 year vet and unproven QB but all i can say is... i guess we will see. 

not going to argue anymore, i definitely wasn't trolling, i just wouldn't be so confident in the 9ers as an 11 win team or a lock for the playoffs. 

^ lock we make the playoffs. And smack the cowboys around week 1. I'm expecting bowman week 2 or 3 that's just me dude is comprised of super human parts.

Last edited:
He is one of those fans that gets all his information from what the "experts" on NFLN or ESPN say. 

lol okay i get it, y'all are amped up for the season. but don't drop bruce ellington like he's jimmy graham or quinton patton like he's anybody anyone should care about. stevie got traded for whatever the 9ers gave up for a reason... i mean brandon lloyd i think is an exceptional talent but he's a 1 year rental. 

as for the linebackers, i'd probably just rather have healthy bowman and prime willis with aldon smith there. along with everyone else. maybe the 9ers will keep doing it with their 10 year vet and unproven QB but all i can say is... i guess we will see. 

not going to argue anymore, i definitely wasn't trolling, i just wouldn't be so confident in the 9ers as an 11 win team or a lock for the playoffs. 
Clearly a troll. Buffoons will buffon

Last edited:
is this one of those things where you guys just rep each other and echo each other without reading anything i wrote out? kap's had 2.5 years under his belt. is he a proven qb to you guys? i'm really not going to respond no matter how i'm prodded but sure, tell yourself you're better off without bowman & aldon, and that willis, gore, justin smith's age don't worry you at all. 

You're the type of guy who worried about Takeo Spikes leaving and then Bowman happened, Manny Lawson leaving and then we drafted Aldon, Goldson leaving and then we drafted Reid, etc. You read something on a newspaper and then go around spewing the BS to the casual football fan, but the REAL fans who follow their team through the draft, free agency and training camp know the real status of the team.

Why would any real 49er fan worry about Frank and Justin's age when Trent and co have PROVEN they can scout, draft and develop their heirs? They have earned the benefit of the doubt. Pretty sure everyone in this thread is pumped the **** up for Carlos Hyde, Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial. Great coaching with continuity and constantly churning out good, young players is how you stay prevalent in the NFL.

Stop regurgitating your ESPN/NFL Network headlines because it's obvious that's as far as your football knowledge extends. We know our team in here from the big name stars to the practice squad players to the position coaches. This isn't the Seahawks thread. We didnt just start watching football last year or tune out football during the offseason.

Last edited:
View media item 1136095
I'm going to have to feed this nitwit once more...what the hell is he talking about? Straight up regurgitating **** he's heard. How do you compare Bruce Ellington to Jimmy Graham? :lol: Kap has 2.5 years under his belt, no, he's not Peyton, Breezy or A-Rod yet but son is a multi-dimensional QB that EVERY team has to game plan for. And when he DOES play, he's done his job.

When talking about defense, he's clearly clueless when it comes to depth and acting like STL or AZ just signed a top 5 player to each of their offensive positions. Yes, they have prime defenses as well but when it's top 5 defenses facing off, the game is then decided on the other side of the ball. Do you really think STL, AZ or even SEA has better offensive capabilities? The name of the game in football is balance.

11 wins out of the question and not making the playoffs? :lol: Ok.

Last edited:
is this one of those things where you guys just rep each other and echo each other without reading anything i wrote out? kap's had 2.5 years under his belt. is he a proven qb to you guys? i'm really not going to respond no matter how i'm prodded but sure, tell yourself you're better off without bowman & aldon, and that willis, gore, justin smith's age don't worry you at all. 

Who said we are better off without Bowman & Aldon? The point is this team has a lot of depth and young talent and guys who can fill those roles. This was never a team who put everything on 1 guys shoulders.

i'm not regurgitating anything from anyone. and i don't know why everyone is all butt hurt here. what did i say? i said 11 wins o/u, i'd go with the under. why? because the divisions are stacked. do you really think SF defense is significantly better than stl or ari that the playoffs are a "lock"?

what else did i say? niners were better in the last 3 years than they'll be in the next 3 years. does anyone disagree? gore's going into his 10th season. all the back ups got wiped out. vernon davis tried to hold out. harbs got his own issues. and winning 3 years in a row, going deep into the playoffs, it is probably taxing. is any of that BS? 

i can see levi stadium from the top of my complex, i'm not hating on the 9ers. i just made points that are valid, and y'all are all angry. it is okay. 

arizona's defense is on par with sf defense. seattle's probably better. and even tho stl was a laughing stock for awhile, they are legit scary on defense, especially when u gotta travel across the country. say what you want... i clearly don't understand ANYTHING about depth and i regurgitate espn... right okay. 

were you guys this die hard when singletary was running the show? or still in middle school without internet? 

Who said we are better off without Bowman & Aldon? The point is this team has a lot of depth and young talent and guys who can fill those roles. This was never a team who put everything on 1 guys shoulders.
nah i'm sorry i didn't catch the espn blurbs... who are the guys that are going to fill aldon smith and bowman's roles? there's a reason why pass rushers get paid big contracts and aldon smith was a complete freak. losing him for 1-8 games isn't great. 

what else did i say? niners were better in the last 3 years than they'll be in the next 3 years. does anyone disagree? gore's going into his 10th season. all the back ups got wiped out. vernon davis tried to hold out. harbs got his own issues. and winning 3 years in a row, going deep into the playoffs, it is probably taxing. is any of that BS? 
dude literally logged into his ESPN insider account and posted all the titles to the last 15 articles to justify his reasoning. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
alright, we'll just simplify it to one question: are you guys better than you were last year or two years ago? 

alright, we'll just simplify it to one question: are you guys better than you were last year or two years ago? 

Alright, we'll just simplify this...

I got 500 that says the niners make the playoffs this year, since you're a betting man.

Back
Top Bottom