:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

has andrew made the game thread yet?

and
laugh.gif
@ you guys who wants sing to stay on board beyond this year as if he has anything else to bring to the table.
roll.gif
Your wish is my command.

and
laugh.gif
@ you guys who wants sing to stay on board beyond this year as if he has anything else to bring to the table.
roll.gif
Your wish is my command.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

and
laugh.gif
roll.gif
You'll have to excuse me if I don't consider a coaching round robin to be a good idea.
i'll be fine with a demotion of sing, but to let him remain as the HC? thats laughable. 
-----

[h2]How are you? Singletary: I've got to look at the film[/h2]

After his team's latest loss, this one at the hands of a zero-win team with an invisible offense, Mike Singletary was asked a fair question: Are the 49ers just not very good?

He responded in typical fashion. His voice was strong and authoritative. And he continue to envision a future only perhaps the most optimistic -- delusional, if you'd rather -- Niners fan can still see.

"I still believe we can go to the playoffs," Singletary said. "I still believe we can get those things done. We just have to get the right things in place and go from there."

This stuff, of course, has gone from inspiring to empty rhetoric. 

And, at 1-6, fans are now wondering -- louder than ever before -- what Singletary offers beyond no-nonsense, we-will-overcome talk. He didn't offer much of substance in his postgame press conference.

A sampling:

How did David Carr perform? "I've got to look at the film and see exactly what was there."

Why did the offense bog down after the opening touchdown drive? "I can't tell you that right now. I have to look at the film and see exactly what happened in this game."

Do you have confidence in David Carr to run the offense? "You know, once again the thing that we have to do is get back and watch the film and see just what was there. I mean, it would be really easy to answer that question right now. But I just really have to look at the film."

Will he consider a move on the offensive line? "I think right now we've just got to look at the film and just kind of see exactly what's what and make moves afterward. I wouldn't dare sit here and say we'll move this guy here or there or whatever without looking at the film."

On if Carr will start Sunday if Alex Smith can't play: "Don't know right now. Got to look at the film." 

Singletary said "look at the film" six times in his eight minutes with the media, tying his unofficial record set after the 31-10 loss to the Chiefs four weeks ago.

His obsessive talk of looking at the film is likely just a way to avoid answering questions. The less charitable view is that it's evidence he doesn't know many specifics about the game he just coached -- supporting the belief of many that he's much more motivator than strategist.

Regardless, the point is that he's been looking at a lot of film.

And not finding any answers.

----------------

glad someone wrote about it. cuz honestly, sing has no damn clue at all.  

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

and
laugh.gif
roll.gif
You'll have to excuse me if I don't consider a coaching round robin to be a good idea.
i'll be fine with a demotion of sing, but to let him remain as the HC? thats laughable. 
-----

[h2]How are you? Singletary: I've got to look at the film[/h2]

After his team's latest loss, this one at the hands of a zero-win team with an invisible offense, Mike Singletary was asked a fair question: Are the 49ers just not very good?

He responded in typical fashion. His voice was strong and authoritative. And he continue to envision a future only perhaps the most optimistic -- delusional, if you'd rather -- Niners fan can still see.

"I still believe we can go to the playoffs," Singletary said. "I still believe we can get those things done. We just have to get the right things in place and go from there."

This stuff, of course, has gone from inspiring to empty rhetoric. 

And, at 1-6, fans are now wondering -- louder than ever before -- what Singletary offers beyond no-nonsense, we-will-overcome talk. He didn't offer much of substance in his postgame press conference.

A sampling:

How did David Carr perform? "I've got to look at the film and see exactly what was there."

Why did the offense bog down after the opening touchdown drive? "I can't tell you that right now. I have to look at the film and see exactly what happened in this game."

Do you have confidence in David Carr to run the offense? "You know, once again the thing that we have to do is get back and watch the film and see just what was there. I mean, it would be really easy to answer that question right now. But I just really have to look at the film."

Will he consider a move on the offensive line? "I think right now we've just got to look at the film and just kind of see exactly what's what and make moves afterward. I wouldn't dare sit here and say we'll move this guy here or there or whatever without looking at the film."

On if Carr will start Sunday if Alex Smith can't play: "Don't know right now. Got to look at the film." 

Singletary said "look at the film" six times in his eight minutes with the media, tying his unofficial record set after the 31-10 loss to the Chiefs four weeks ago.

His obsessive talk of looking at the film is likely just a way to avoid answering questions. The less charitable view is that it's evidence he doesn't know many specifics about the game he just coached -- supporting the belief of many that he's much more motivator than strategist.

Regardless, the point is that he's been looking at a lot of film.

And not finding any answers.

----------------

glad someone wrote about it. cuz honestly, sing has no damn clue at all.  

Originally Posted by LB510

Clearly a panic move by Singy to start Smith as bad as Carr looked he only gets 1/2 of a football game to prove himself? Sing must have talked to Troy Smith on the flight to London heard something he liked and said you can start. I don't think any team about to start there 3rd Qb this season in week 8 is going anywhere but his post game press conferences continue say otherwise. 
Oh and Troy Smith against a defense that just gave up 59 points great idea. International embarrassment here we come.
This.

Originally Posted by LB510

Clearly a panic move by Singy to start Smith as bad as Carr looked he only gets 1/2 of a football game to prove himself? Sing must have talked to Troy Smith on the flight to London heard something he liked and said you can start. I don't think any team about to start there 3rd Qb this season in week 8 is going anywhere but his post game press conferences continue say otherwise. 
Oh and Troy Smith against a defense that just gave up 59 points great idea. International embarrassment here we come.
This.

^^
laugh.gif

Good luck to troy, I hope he could pull out a win for us on Sunday.

I wouldn't start Carr either, if I was coach.

^^
laugh.gif

Good luck to troy, I hope he could pull out a win for us on Sunday.

I wouldn't start Carr either, if I was coach.

There's really no upside to starting Carr. Dude is a career back-up player at the very best. With Troy and Nate, they have some upside, so we can see if there's something more with those two...
Even in saying that though, unless one of them kills it and puts up monster numbers, we absolutely need to bring in someone at the end of the season.

There's really no upside to starting Carr. Dude is a career back-up player at the very best. With Troy and Nate, they have some upside, so we can see if there's something more with those two...
Even in saying that though, unless one of them kills it and puts up monster numbers, we absolutely need to bring in someone at the end of the season.

Correct me if im wrong even if Alex Smith comes back from injury hes not going to start and they are going to give the other guys a chance to prove themselves?

Correct me if im wrong even if Alex Smith comes back from injury hes not going to start and they are going to give the other guys a chance to prove themselves?

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Pretty sure you are wrong about that......unless Troy puts up outstanding numbers and we dont lose a game.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Pretty sure you are wrong about that......unless Troy puts up outstanding numbers and we dont lose a game.

Y'all defending Carr like he didnt look like a junior varsity QB.

Did he not throw one of the worst picks at the worst time last week. We needed ONE solid drive up the field and get into FG range for Nedney to win the game, instead he throws a pick with a minute left on the 50 yard line and CAROLINA even knew how to get it done. Carr *%+#*% up his opportunity, no doubt about it. Had our D not scored, we potentially would have gotten our +#+ whipped

Im not saying Troy Smith is our savior or anything, but if Alex Smith is out indefinitely I'd much rather have Troy out there instead of David Carr.

IDK about Troys arm strength/accuracy because I havent really followed him much, but I do know that he can make plays with his athleticism and quickness, not on a Michael Vick level, but he definitely brings more to the table than Carr does.

Y'all defending Carr like he didnt look like a junior varsity QB.

Did he not throw one of the worst picks at the worst time last week. We needed ONE solid drive up the field and get into FG range for Nedney to win the game, instead he throws a pick with a minute left on the 50 yard line and CAROLINA even knew how to get it done. Carr *%+#*% up his opportunity, no doubt about it. Had our D not scored, we potentially would have gotten our +#+ whipped

Im not saying Troy Smith is our savior or anything, but if Alex Smith is out indefinitely I'd much rather have Troy out there instead of David Carr.

IDK about Troys arm strength/accuracy because I havent really followed him much, but I do know that he can make plays with his athleticism and quickness, not on a Michael Vick level, but he definitely brings more to the table than Carr does.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Troy Smith to start vs. Denver..

Nate Davis after the bye.
You can dead that idea

Johnson said quarterback Nate Davis has shown more focus and dedication since being demoted to the practice squad earlier this year. Still, he said a practice squadder like Davis does not get enough meaningful practice repetitions to have any realistic chance to play this season, at least in the immediate future. "You won't see the improvement that you need to see for him to be in the discussion because he's not getting the reps," Johnson said.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi
I guess Jed York could step in later and force them give him some playing time at the end of the season but it looks like Nate aint gonna see the field this year.

You can dead that idea

Johnson said quarterback Nate Davis has shown more focus and dedication since being demoted to the practice squad earlier this year. Still, he said a practice squadder like Davis does not get enough meaningful practice repetitions to have any realistic chance to play this season, at least in the immediate future. "You won't see the improvement that you need to see for him to be in the discussion because he's not getting the reps," Johnson said.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi
I guess Jed York could step in later and force them give him some playing time at the end of the season but it looks like Nate aint gonna see the field this year.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

You can dead that idea

shame. this franchise doesnt wanna win anymore
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

You can dead that idea

shame. this franchise doesnt wanna win anymore
ohwell.gif

Until this week, Johnson had barely seen Smith play since he signed with the 49ers on Sept. 6 - a personnel decision that came with no input from Johnson. Smith had only taken scout team snaps, and Johnson was meeting with Alex Smith during those drills.

Johnson knows Troy Smith is more mobile than the team's other quarterbacks, but he insists they won't change the playbook to suit his legs. Rather, Johnson said he has to "scale back" the game plan while still putting him to use.

"He has to go in there and play," Johnson said. "We're not going to hide him."

You don't know what he does well. Really?
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom