:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Until this week, Johnson had barely seen Smith play since he signed with the 49ers on Sept. 6 - a personnel decision that came with no input from Johnson. Smith had only taken scout team snaps, and Johnson was meeting with Alex Smith during those drills.

Johnson knows Troy Smith is more mobile than the team's other quarterbacks, but he insists they won't change the playbook to suit his legs. Rather, Johnson said he has to "scale back" the game plan while still putting him to use.

"He has to go in there and play," Johnson said. "We're not going to hide him."

You don't know what he does well. Really?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Troy Smith to start vs. Denver..

Nate Davis after the bye.
You can dead that idea

Johnson said quarterback Nate Davis has shown more focus and dedication since being demoted to the practice squad earlier this year. Still, he said a practice squadder like Davis does not get enough meaningful practice repetitions to have any realistic chance to play this season, at least in the immediate future. "You won't see the improvement that you need to see for him to be in the discussion because he's not getting the reps," Johnson said.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi
I guess Jed York could step in later and force them give him some playing time at the end of the season but it looks like Nate aint gonna see the field this year.

shame. this franchise doesnt wanna win anymore
ohwell.gif

that really doesnt mean much. up until this week, troy did not see any "meaningful" snaps either. Look at him now, the starting QB. 
grin.gif

but yes, the chances of seeing nate davis this season is very slim.

You can dead that idea

Johnson said quarterback Nate Davis has shown more focus and dedication since being demoted to the practice squad earlier this year. Still, he said a practice squadder like Davis does not get enough meaningful practice repetitions to have any realistic chance to play this season, at least in the immediate future. "You won't see the improvement that you need to see for him to be in the discussion because he's not getting the reps," Johnson said.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/10/broncos-not-the.html#ixzz13fv5Ejsi
I guess Jed York could step in later and force them give him some playing time at the end of the season but it looks like Nate aint gonna see the field this year.

ohwell.gif

that really doesnt mean much. up until this week, troy did not see any "meaningful" snaps either. Look at him now, the starting QB. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

You can dead that idea

ohwell.gif
grin.gif

im just rooting for nate
pimp.gif

at this point we know alex is not gonna work. carr pffft no. for now we should just try between troy and nate for the rest of the season. something different, one with an arm and one whos mobile. you just never know

(kanye shrug)

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

You can dead that idea

ohwell.gif
grin.gif

im just rooting for nate
pimp.gif

at this point we know alex is not gonna work. carr pffft no. for now we should just try between troy and nate for the rest of the season. something different, one with an arm and one whos mobile. you just never know

(kanye shrug)

Too bad about Davis if he doesn't see any time. Wanted to see him at least get a chance and then if he looked that terrible then take him out.

T. Smith started off okay (mainly that second drive), then started playing a little @*$*#% and didn't get too many throws. Understandable after Gore was running well, but Denver just had to focus on the run. Shouldn't have waited til the beginning of the fourth to start letting him throw more. I understand that he got lucky on the fumble in the third, but he was pretty much getting just one (and if he was lucky two) throws per drive. And to take that away when Denver was just playing the run already was stupid.

I thought Smith was missing some easy passes, but he hit some crazy ones. He used his legs nicely considering the @*$*#% o-line he has. Like I said I'd like to see Davis get a chance, but if they just use Smith I can't complain. Just as long as it isn't Carr 
sick.gif

Too bad about Davis if he doesn't see any time. Wanted to see him at least get a chance and then if he looked that terrible then take him out.

T. Smith started off okay (mainly that second drive), then started playing a little @*$*#% and didn't get too many throws. Understandable after Gore was running well, but Denver just had to focus on the run. Shouldn't have waited til the beginning of the fourth to start letting him throw more. I understand that he got lucky on the fumble in the third, but he was pretty much getting just one (and if he was lucky two) throws per drive. And to take that away when Denver was just playing the run already was stupid.

I thought Smith was missing some easy passes, but he hit some crazy ones. He used his legs nicely considering the @*$*#% o-line he has. Like I said I'd like to see Davis get a chance, but if they just use Smith I can't complain. Just as long as it isn't Carr 
sick.gif

Like I said before, this bye couldnt have came at a better time... Rams also have a bye but Seahawks play Giants(W) and Cards play Vikes(W)... So that will bring us closer... We still got hope
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like I said before, this bye couldnt have came at a better time... Rams also have a bye but Seahawks play Giants(W) and Cards play Vikes(W)... So that will bring us closer... We still got hope
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i seen that,  if they both lose and the niners are only 2 games back, having to make up 2 games in the final 8 isn't a completely unreasonable think to ask considering they play the teams that are in front of them in the divison in 5 of those final 8 games.

i'm not going to bother looking at the schedule that much though and worrying about the rest of the nfc west, im gonna let the 49ers do what they do and hope things fall into place.  they have two winnable games at home coming up  rams and bucs and while they won't be the cakewalks we probably thought they would be when the season started the games are still winnable .   all you can ask and hope for is for them to win those so that the monday night game in arizona later this month has some meaning to it.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i seen that,  if they both lose and the niners are only 2 games back, having to make up 2 games in the final 8 isn't a completely unreasonable think to ask considering they play the teams that are in front of them in the divison in 5 of those final 8 games.

i'm not going to bother looking at the schedule that much though and worrying about the rest of the nfc west, im gonna let the 49ers do what they do and hope things fall into place.  they have two winnable games at home coming up  rams and bucs and while they won't be the cakewalks we probably thought they would be when the season started the games are still winnable .   all you can ask and hope for is for them to win those so that the monday night game in arizona later this month has some meaning to it.

Back
Top Bottom