Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werent You Guys Just Paying $250 for the Lebron IX elites ? but not willing to pay $270($20 more ) for the Lebron X Plus Model (basically the Elites of Xs) with More Technology embedded ? Hmmm all me Crazy but maybe ppl are just following the crowd and all yelling overpriced . also willing to pay $500 plus for the SBs 9s and 8s for resale ? crazy when you actually look at it
Good point.

Fireberry > jade > "mango" > Olympic

My list so far...I really want the berries but wow. Limited + 270 = not worth the hassle. Shame too, I really like these.

JUST A REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD!
PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE. IT'S A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS...OR EVEN JUST TO SHIP. THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS FROM A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP.
EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT ASK OR OFFER SOMEONE TO USE A SWOOSH/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.
IT'S A VIOLATION SINCE YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO PAY/ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM SOMEONE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS.
(PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE OUT, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE.​
 ​
POSTING ONLINE DISCOUNT CODES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

I actually like the Fireberrys but definitely not enough to drop $270 on em. Still probably going to spend that on the Olympics though. :smh:

Is the upper actually "fireberry," or is fireberry just used on the outsole and accents? The upper looks like berry without the fire, like a maroonish/reddish-purple.

Werent You Guys Just Paying $250 for the Lebron IX elites ? but not willing to pay $270($20 more ) for the Lebron X Plus Model (basically the Elites of Xs) with More Technology embedded ? Hmmm all me Crazy but maybe ppl are just following the crowd and all yelling overpriced . also willing to pay $500 plus for the SBs 9s and 8s for resale ? crazy when you actually look at it
This is definitely true for a lot of folks in here.

Is the upper actually "fireberry," or is fireberry just used on the outsole and accents? The upper looks like berry without the fire, like a maroonish/reddish-purple.
The upper is mostly burgundy and the fireberry is used on the outsole and accents like you said.

Nike went the "Fireberry" name because it was more catchy I guess.

Also the shoe is called Fireberry-Metallic Gold yet I don't see the metallic gold color anywhere on the shoe, unless it's on the tongue or sole.

yeah you guys are hating on the fireberry X right now but as soon as wale has them on the D*** riding will begin hahaha! so many groupies and fad followers on NT .... its sad really

i actually think they are pretty dope but they are releasing too close to the USA joints so im forced to pass

Just Sold my Jordan 6s OLY for $250 to some Kid lol so Will Definately use that extra cash and try to cop these if i can get word from my vegas connect (cousins) since i used to live there .

I don't remember anybody in here paying retail for Elite LeBron IX's....and no it doesn't justify paying for technology that's useless

Good point.

reason people are complaining about the price is because retail a shoe should never cost that much. for any colorway. meaning it can be the most gr colorway and still be 270 and keep on sitting at that price. because then the 270 will be the base price for all the shoes. paying 270 resale is different because only some shoes get up to that price depending on how hot they are. theres still a chance for getting them lower in stores or from a different reseller. but 270 retail for a shoe means all the shoes will be that price, either that or you just gotta wait forever for it to go on sale.
so, all im saying is theres a difference between and 270 retail and and 270 resale. some shoes earn to be that price because they are a sought after colorway. retail makes them all that price no matter what colorway. if you want it you have to pay at least 270 no matter what. you cant haggle with a retailer.
and yeah yeah some people are gonna say its the technology that justifies the price.. but most of us aren't getting the shoe for that. were getting it cause of the colorway. and thats the truth.

yeah you guys are hating on the fireberry X right now but as soon as wale has them on the D*** riding will begin hahaha! so many groupies and fad followers on NT .... its sad really
i actually think they are pretty dope but they are releasing too close to the USA joints so im forced to pass
I like them but Wale is garbage to me!   I could give a **** what hes wearing or any celeb for that matter.  id cop for $180.00 all day but I cant for $270.00.  **** even if i wanted a pair i wouldnt win the rsvp on nike las vegas.  hahah im 0 for 17 on the rsvp.  hahah

Regardless the price on the Xs the fire berry and Olympic will sell out. The supply of sneakers always seems to be less than the demand.

The technology is for measuring running, jumping, and the like, right? Who is really going to ball and train in $270 shoes? This is pretty silly. Nike is charging reseller prices up front for technology barely anybody is going to use. If they used legit focus groups or had the slightest clue about their consumers, they'd know people rock Lebrons these days like Jordans--casually. We use the other stuff to ball in.

reason people are complaining about the price is because retail a shoe should never cost that much. for any colorway. meaning it can be the most gr colorway and still be 270 and keep on sitting at that price. because then the 270 will be the base price for all the shoes. paying 270 resale is different because only some shoes get up to that price depending on how hot they are. theres still a chance for getting them lower in stores or from a different reseller. but 270 retail for a shoe means all the shoes will be that price, either that or you just gotta wait forever for it to go on sale.
so, all im saying is theres a difference between and 270 retail and and 270 resale. some shoes earn to be that price because they are a sought after colorway. retail makes them all that price no matter what colorway. if you want it you have to pay at least 270 no matter what. you cant haggle with a retailer.
and yeah yeah some people are gonna say its the technology that justifies the price.. but most of us aren't getting the shoe for that. were getting it cause of the colorway. and thats the truth.

at the end of the day it really doesn't matter.... its all a mindset at the end of the day
if you have a problem with the price, dont buy them
the people who feel like they are worth 270, and have the funds to buy them will buy them
there will also be people who want them who really cant afford them and are going to buy them anyway
if you are sitting here moaning about the price, its out of your control get over it
louis vuitton sells sneakers for 850 bucks, people who buy them are always going to try and justify that price and then there are people who cant afford it and cry about how expensive it is

at the end of the day the people who truly want them will never try to justify the price or anything
because at the end of the its only currency, cant take it with you when your gone, and the whole point of money is to exchange it for goods and services
nothing more, nothing less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom