Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via MN

nike-lebron-9-black-grey-white.jpg

nike-lebron-9-black-grey-white_02.jpg

Raider Lows 
grin.gif
ROBO COPPPPPP
smokin.gif

I maintain had these released I would have bought many for full price.
nike-lebron-9-sample-1.jpg

Also keep wondering why folks balk at Nike when they run up the price but barely flinch buying it for even more than that from a reseller?

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I maintain had these released I would have bought many for full price.
nike-lebron-9-sample-1.jpg

Also keep wondering why folks balk at Nike when they run up the price but barely flinch buying it for even more than that from a reseller?

Its simple because if Nike raises their prices eventually theres gonna be a limited "Elite" priced shoe that resellers will latch onto and instead of being $250 on the secondary market it will be $400. All this for shoes that havent improved much in terms of materials and performance in last 8 years.

Also by the way, many people dont pay reseller prices

Swingmans are definitely blue I don't know what you guys are talking about.
tongue.gif

6851645744_3f5ed77837.jpg

shout out to Rocket for the laces.

Just got my Swingmans in.. WOW.. the color on these in person is too sick..
Actually my 2nd pair.. my 1st pair which I still have, I'm returning to Champs.. there was a blue scuff on the right shoe smh
After seeing the scuff, didnt even really look at shoe in depth.. scuff ruined the moment haha...
So had to find a pair elsewhere..& now that I have secured it.. will return the 1st pair back to Champs.
Just looking for some Chinas & SLH and I'm done with the IX's possibly..

For anybody that wanna kno, cranium fitteds should have something in for the mangos in the nxt month or so... I need a fitted/snapback so bad

Those black/grey lows are samples, probably not coming out
frown.gif
. The retail version don't have the heel pull tab. Disappointed in the decision to take it out, the pull tab is a significant feature of the IX.

Joulze wrote:
Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

Sikwiidit04 wrote:
!*#* KOBE.

Ok here are the facts.  It is NO contest Jordans shoes will NEVER be surpassed by ANYONE.  I like Kobe more as a player, but I must admit, I kind of lean toward the Lebrons more to buy (I buy both).  I am from the Jordan era,  the FACT is that NOT only us older cats, but all of you young cats on here jump to buy ALL the Jordan retro shoes is enough proof that his line will continue to be on top even after another  many years. Fast forward to the present Kobe are on WAY bigger market then Lebron's with that said Lebron will NOT, I repeat will NOT get that number one spot until Kobe retires and when Kobe retires, I gaurauntee you the NBA ratings will go down as well.

Kobe/Lebron = the new Jordan/Penny of today (in regards to their signature shoe lines that is). 
 I agree with everything you said except of the part about Kobe being on a way bigger market then Lebron? Because again like I said before Kobe just recently start to receive a lot more marketing starting around with the Kobe VI with all of the actor endoresments and Kanye West for some short films which they continued to do with the VII while as for the Lebron line with Nike they've been going hard with marketing him since day one and the demand and ratings for his shoe is still higher then Kobe, and Lebron also is very Large in China. Kobe's contract with Nike is at $40 million while Lebron's contract with Nike is at $93 million. That alone show's you that Kobe is not on a "WAY" bigger market then Lebron what so ever and Nike has more invested in Lebron then Kobe. And keep in mind we're talking about shoe sales and popularity not NBA stats. And if you want to get even more technical Kobe's  endorsements and popularity took a slight nose dive once he had received those sexual assault allegations so keep that in mind too. Lastly if the popularity of the NBA didn't die after Jordan retired what makes you think it will for Kobe when he retires??

Joulze, what I meant by way bigger market is, Kobe is on more international scale.  The only reason Nike has more advertisments for Lebron, is so that he can catch up to Kobe's worldwide status.  In other words Kobe, the name sells itsself where as Lebron's line needs more attention, (keep in mind I am NOT saying Lebron is not up there).  As far as the sexual assault allegations, during that time the 2K4, were originally suppose to be the first Nike Kobe 1, and even without his name on it, you saw the praise the shoe did and still receives.  Yes, each time Jordan retired the NBA did hit low ratings and still now, yes people watch, I am not sure your age or generation, but in the Jordan era NBA on NBC, everyone was in front of the TV ready watch, where as now a days most are pretty much "if I catch the game I do, if I don't, I don't".  Difference between signature players now versus then is, back then the player sold the shoes, now the shoes sell the player. As I stated before as much as like Kobe the player, and his shoes I'd have to give the edge to Lebron for the this years and last years (V2) shoes, but the LBJ 9's are serious close 2nd. My most recent swingmans are crazy nice! 

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by Joulze

Ok here are the facts.  It is NO contest Jordans shoes will NEVER be surpassed by ANYONE.  I like Kobe more as a player, but I must admit, I kind of lean toward the Lebrons more to buy (I buy both).  I am from the Jordan era,  the FACT is that NOT only us older cats, but all of you young cats on here jump to buy ALL the Jordan retro shoes is enough proof that his line will continue to be on top even after another  many years. Fast forward to the present Kobe are on WAY bigger market then Lebron's with that said Lebron will NOT, I repeat will NOT get that number one spot until Kobe retires and when Kobe retires, I gaurauntee you the NBA ratings will go down as well.

Kobe/Lebron = the new Jordan/Penny of today (in regards to their signature shoe lines that is). 
 I agree with everything you said except of the part about Kobe being on a way bigger market then Lebron? Because again like I said before Kobe just recently start to receive a lot more marketing starting around with the Kobe VI with all of the actor endoresments and Kanye West for some short films which they continued to do with the VII while as for the Lebron line with Nike they've been going hard with marketing him since day one and the demand and ratings for his shoe is still higher then Kobe, and Lebron also is very Large in China. Kobe's contract with Nike is at $40 million while Lebron's contract with Nike is at $93 million. That alone show's you that Kobe is not on a "WAY" bigger market then Lebron what so ever and Nike has more invested in Lebron then Kobe. And keep in mind we're talking about shoe sales and popularity not NBA stats. And if you want to get even more technical Kobe's  endorsements and popularity took a slight nose dive once he had received those sexual assault allegations so keep that in mind too. Lastly if the popularity of the NBA didn't die after Jordan retired what makes you think it will for Kobe when he retires??
Numbers and comments from Matt Powell (@mattsos) (Sneakerologist for SportsONESource.)
'11 wholesale sales by athlete: Jordan $1 billion, Chuck Taylor $250 million, LeBron $90m, Kobe $40m, Rose $25m, Wall $10m, Durant $7m. 
I found the numbers surprising myself, but Bron is definitely holding his own vs. Kobe.
Santos 

I was speaking overall terms, but good find.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

tongue.gif

Glad to see they're being used for a good purpose

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by thapointguy

tongue.gif

Glad to see they're being used for a good purpose

Looks good. Makes me want to buy Kentucky's, but then I'd need to also buy the swingmans. If only there was a way to buy the laces by themselves.
tired.gif

IHeartBoost wrote:

Sikwiidit04 wrote:
!*#* KOBE.

This.
Now can we move on?! Jesus. 

Iheartboost, nice avy, but check this out man.  My reply was in response to if Kobe or Lebron would surpass Jordan, the answer still no, as far as moving on, why reply to this post if you want to move on.  We are all on here just dropping our facts, opinions and knowledge, no need to hate.  Yes, Jesus is good.

Back
Top Bottom