Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

I swear this Lithuania guy is ridiculous ordered Christmas almost 2 weeks ago still nothing i hope their not fake when i get them because im sending them @!%%%+! right back

I don't understand how you can't see what color the swingmans are, there are HUNDREDS of pictures in this thread and even more online, if you couldn't see what they really are by now thats dumb on your part

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Picked these up on Saturday at a local boutique. Apparently, the owner is cool with JP. Thoughts?
Probably the worse of the lows. These will sit indefinably. 

Those red low 9s are the only lebrons I'm interested in right now and also the big bangs but the price is too high for me lol

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by bib10

LeBron 9 Low New Colors: Turquoise Blue/Court Purple & Challenge Red
http://www.facebook.com/LRJ23news

482450_395637460463818_182189691808597_1396040_618548189_n.jpg
SLH lows > 

Hmmmmm I didnt see those lows up top, theyre nice, especially with purple laces. Hopefully they last long enuff for me to get them a few weeks after they drop

Sikwiidit04 wrote:
Skip2MyLou23 wrote:
IHeartBoost wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.

People are still not going out and buying Lebrons in groves like Jordans. It's a small following, a small Market for Lebrons. Nike would have to release multiple pairs of SB like Lebrons every year to even garner any 'Jordan' like attention. Also lets be honest, Lebron have only sold well because of the 'limited' tag. If all his shoes were dubbed GRs, they would sit or be easy attainable. 

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Lebrons are only popular in certains parts of the country, IE: Ohio, Miami, maybe smaller places in Chi, NY, FL etc. I'm in LA, I rarely see anybody wear Lebrons, RARELY. Out here you either rock Jordans or Kobes on court, period. In the OC, it's the same, Kobe or Jordans. When I got to Vegas, it's all Jordans. I even have people shocked to see me in my Lebrons. When I go to the gym, people laugh (mostly my boys) only cuz Lebrons aint worth wearing, @%*$% aint %@%@ they say. A lot of dudes at the gym rock nothing but Kobes, Jordan and D.Rose too. 

Lebron has a looooong time, (prob Lebron 15, 16 or higher) before he can even catch Jordan status, and even than, he's gotta win rings, MULTIPLE.

10 years from now you think if Nike released a Swingman or Dunkman Retro people will go nuts? Those shoes are STILL sitting in some stores right now. No Lebrons (unless its an SB like colorway or value) is gonna touch Cement IVs, Black IVs, Grapes, Concords, Bred XIs, Playoffs, CG XI or IVs and the list goes on. While most of you Lebron fans won't agree with me, it's not rocket science to see most people are still not on the Lebron 9 bandwagon, or even Lebrons bandwagon for that matter.

Um, I think you may be a little biased since you live in LA. I much prefer Lebrons, but my preference may also be considered biased because I'm from Miami.

!*#* KOBE.

Ok here are the facts.  It is NO contest Jordans shoes will NEVER be surpassed by ANYONE.  I like Kobe more as a player, but I must admit, I kind of lean toward the Lebrons more to buy (I buy both).  I am from the Jordan era,  the FACT is that NOT only us older cats, but all of you young cats on here jump to buy ALL the Jordan retro shoes is enough proof that his line will continue to be on top even after another  many years. Fast forward to the present Kobe are on WAY bigger market then Lebron's with that said Lebron will NOT, I repeat will NOT get that number one spot until Kobe retires and when Kobe retires, I gaurauntee you the NBA ratings will go down as well.

Kobe/Lebron = the new Jordan/Penny of today (in regards to their signature shoe lines that is). 

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by The Connoisseur

awsome blossomwrote:

Broke downs andgrabbed the swingman's
Still never saw them in person yet

You won't be disappointed
clip_image001.gif

Ijust got mine, and I hate to say it, but I actually am a little disappointed. I’veNEVER seen a shoe look so different in person from photos and videos -- atleast in terms of colour.

Ihadn’t seen them in person until I picked up the pair I ordered. Before Ibought them, I was concerned about the Green Abyss colour because I’m not a fanof teal. So I did my homework: I surveyed all the pics in this thread, andwatched a lot of youtube videos. And at least 90% of them looked royal blue,which is what I wanted. But in person – my pair looks quite greenish.

Don’tget me wrong, it’s still a nice shoe. And I know it’s called GREEN ABYSS! Ialso understand why they made it teal, because of Griffey and the Mariners. Andthere’s already been a royal-coloured IX in the Kentucky. So why make another one? I justwish they looked like the pics, that’s all.

Hasanyone else noticed this? I suppose it’s possible Nike made them in differentshades, depending when and where they were produced. But that’s a long-shot.

I guess there's something about that combination of colour and material that makes them look different in photos and videos than they do in person.
But they did look teal in some pictures, and you gave a whole bunch of reasoning exactly why they shouldn't have been a royal blue, which clearly wasn't what they were going for in the first place. People in video reviews also said that the color changed a bit depending on the lighting, which is why some people liked them in the first place. If you wanted royal blue, just get Kentuckys or ID a pair. For the amount of research that you said you did, I don't know why you expected a royal blue shoe.
nike-lebron-9-swingman.jpg

Nike-LeBron-9-Swingman-Detailed-Look-7-600x600.jpeg

nike-lebron-ix-9-swingman-03_1.jpg

the pic above illustrate how it looks in reality.. at least imo when i had my pair.
i since then sold them 
eek.gif

i try not to have regrets, and all the talks aobut them, ALMOST had me second guessing my decision, but i always stand by my rule, if i dont plan to ever rock em, i would never keep em. and i just dont see myself wearing this colorway. just not my style. so gave an opportunity to someone who would..  it is a nice shoe though.

Picked up Swing Man's at the HOH in Atlanta this weekend. And I must say the blue pops on these. I didnt realize how nice of a color that was. Also, the local Athletes Foot had cool greys foe 129 already

so take the teal laces on the lows and put them on the highs and vice versa... LeBron making us buy both shoes tho for this one lol

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

I swear this Lithuania guy is ridiculous ordered Christmas almost 2 weeks ago still nothing i hope their not fake when i get them because im sending them @!%%%+! right back

He's legit man...his shipping takes awhile since he's shipping from Lithuania. My estimated delivery date is March 16th-28th and I ordered on March 1st. Just be patient fam.

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

Sikwiidit04 wrote:
Skip2MyLou23 wrote:
Um, I think you may be a little biased since you live in LA. I much prefer Lebrons, but my preference may also be considered biased because I'm from Miami.
!*#* KOBE.

Ok here are the facts.  It is NO contest Jordans shoes will NEVER be surpassed by ANYONE.  I like Kobe more as a player, but I must admit, I kind of lean toward the Lebrons more to buy (I buy both).  I am from the Jordan era,  the FACT is that NOT only us older cats, but all of you young cats on here jump to buy ALL the Jordan retro shoes is enough proof that his line will continue to be on top even after another  many years. Fast forward to the present Kobe are on WAY bigger market then Lebron's with that said Lebron will NOT, I repeat will NOT get that number one spot until Kobe retires and when Kobe retires, I gaurauntee you the NBA ratings will go down as well.

Kobe/Lebron = the new Jordan/Penny of today (in regards to their signature shoe lines that is). 
 I agree with everything you said except of the part about Kobe being on a way bigger market then Lebron? Because again like I said before Kobe just recently start to receive a lot more marketing starting around with the Kobe VI with all of the actor endoresments and Kanye West for some short films which they continued to do with the VII while as for the Lebron line with Nike they've been going hard with marketing him since day one and the demand and ratings for his shoe is still higher then Kobe, and Lebron also is very Large in China. Kobe's contract with Nike is at $40 million while Lebron's contract with Nike is at $93 million. That alone show's you that Kobe is not on a "WAY" bigger market then Lebron what so ever and Nike has more invested in Lebron then Kobe. And keep in mind we're talking about shoe sales and popularity not NBA stats. And if you want to get even more technical Kobe's  endorsements and popularity took a slight nose dive once he had received those sexual assault allegations so keep that in mind too. Lastly if the popularity of the NBA didn't die after Jordan retired what makes you think it will for Kobe when he retires??

I cant stock locate these friggin Miami nights anywhere man. I refuse to pay resellers prices. goshdarnit.
Its crazy that someone cant buy a shoe that released about 4 months ago. Thats not a long time ago. smdh

Originally Posted by MrDozo

I cant stock locate these friggin Miami nights anywhere man. I refuse to pay resellers prices. goshdarnit.
Its crazy that someone cant buy a shoe that released about 4 months ago. Thats not a long time ago. smdh

Not sure if serious

Originally Posted by Joulze

Sikwiidit04 wrote:
!*#* KOBE.

I agree with everything you said except of the part about Kobe being on a way bigger market then Lebron? Because again like I said before Kobe just recently start to receive a lot more marketing starting around with the Kobe VI with all of the actor endoresments and Kanye West for some short films which they continued to do with the VII while as for the Lebron line with Nike they've been going hard with marketing him since day one and the demand and ratings for his shoe is still higher then Kobe, and Lebron also is very Large in China. Kobe's contract with Nike is at $40 million while Lebron's contract with Nike is at $93 million. That alone show's you that Kobe is not on a "WAY" bigger market then Lebron what so ever and Nike has more invested in Lebron then Kobe. And keep in mind we're talking about shoe sales and popularity not NBA stats. And if you want to get even more technical Kobe's  endorsements and popularity took a slight nose dive once he had received those sexual assault allegations so keep that in mind too. Lastly if the popularity of the NBA didn't die after Jordan retired what makes you think it will for Kobe when he retires??

Numbers and comments from Matt Powell (@mattsos) (Sneakerologist for SportsONESource.)
'11 wholesale sales by athlete: Jordan $1 billion, Chuck Taylor $250 million, LeBron $90m, Kobe $40m, Rose $25m, Wall $10m, Durant $7m. 

and when asked who stands on top between Kobe and Bron in global shoe sales he answered:

LeBron bigger than Kobe in US. Kobe bigger than LeBron in China. China smaller than US (for now). so I give the edge to LeBron.

I found the numbers surprising myself, but Bron is definitely holding his own vs. Kobe.
Santos 

Why is Kobe relevant in a topic on Lebron's shoes, keep it to GR's, Limited and Elites and not the garter snake
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I don't understand how you can't see what color the swingmans are, there are HUNDREDS of pictures in this thread and even more online, if you couldn't see what they really are by now thats dumb on your part

This. The whole pint of all the released pics is so that there are no surprises when we pick up the shoes. Pictures circulate long before the actual release and are discussed ad nauseum.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Picked these up on Saturday at a local boutique. Apparently, the owner is cool with JP. Thoughts?

I like that CW; looking forward to the Easter and Entourage IX low's more than the above though...

Sikwiidit04 wrote:
Skip2MyLou23 wrote:
!*#* KOBE.

This.
Now can we move on?! Jesus. 

Retail prices for Lebrons has risen throughout the years while Kobes are steady. Lebron has other shoes linked to his name and not to mention he has midtop and lowtop versions so the numbers aren't surprising compared to Kobes. Kobes are only at 6 models deep officially.

Back
Top Bottom