Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Please someone convince me to buy this game,,,its like i really wanna buy it but then i'll be disapointed (case in point GTA, so much hype but it was a huge let down)

so someone post screen shots or more videos. i have a chance to get it 2morrow and im like 75% sold on this game,,,convince me 100%

rent it first then decide if its worth buying
can't rent, i live in elmira, there's no places to rent games and stuff like that, only buy

it is alot like GTA4 (missions WILL get repetitive overtime), but the wild west setting is what makes this game so 
pimp.gif
riding a horse (pause) around the desert/mexico >>>>>> driving a car around liberty city.. 

trust me. i've spent hours just looking @ the scenery. 
pimp.gif
I agree. Rockstar NAILED the atmosphere in this game. Everything is flawless, from sound to visuals to voice acting, its really immersive. You know how GTA Vice City and San Andreas felt? That sort of authenticity? This game is on that level. (GTA IV didnt feel like that to me personally, maybe because of the modern day setting). I plan on playing through this game again as a bad guy instead.

Vice city and san andres was addicting....thats how i wanna feel about this game,,,so far these 2 posts made me 85% convince....keep going, i wanna get to another, what other good things about this game?
If you're holding back on this game cause of GTA IV, go ahead and buy it. Imo IV was a letdown because they couldnt nail the atmosphere the way they did in previous games. Something just didnt add up the way it did so well in SA and VC. I think you'll enjoy the game.

Originally Posted by Mister916

what other good things about this game?
There is always something to do. Mostly I've been playing poker, blackjack, hunting and helping strangers. And I'm only an honorable person right now. I've seen so many strange things while roaming around like a murder suicide, a person jumping off his horse to take a piss and a man having sex with a dead body. This game is so legit.

easy candidate for game of the year

I think i have added a few of the xbox nt'ers on here, just haven't ventured online yet. that damn lasso mission is killing me...

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Cleared out a poker table last night
pimp.gif
Felt like a boss lol

Did you get a trophy? Man poker is all I do
smh.gif
. Being playing the game for about 4 hours and 2 of them have been at the poker table

I would have added some people but...my XBL account is suspended for one day.
grin.gif

Great game I just wish you didn't have to pause the game to see the clock (for those missions where you have to be there at a certain time)
I love using the lasso on people and just dragging them while I'm on the horse riding fast listening to their groans of pain...
devil.gif
& I still have yet to get to the part of the map with the bears.

they should remove auto aim in multiplayer, its soo bull%$#!
they need a patch out asap.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Cleared out a poker table last night
pimp.gif
Felt like a boss lol

when you say cleared out, do you mean you held up or literally won???
Literally won. Everyone at the table but me went bust. Got a nice chunk of cash for my troubles.
Did you get a trophy? Man poker is all I do
smh.gif
. Being playing the game for about 4 hours and 2 of them have been at the poker table
Nah no trophy. I was actually pretty surprised/disappointed. Took me a good while to clear them out lol

There is always something to do. Mostly I've been playing poker, blackjack, hunting and helping strangers. And I'm only an honorable person right now. I've seen so many strange things while roaming around like a murder suicide, a person jumping off his horse to take a piss and a man having sex with a dead body. This game is so legit.

And the story is so addicting.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
To add to that had a stranger in the wild ask me for help, so I came over he pulled me off my horse jumped on and tried to speed off. I went dead eye shot that guy right off. Other random recovered a woman's stolen wagon. As I jumped off to return the wagon a cougar came outta nowhere and mauled her . I didn't get any honor but got some cougar skin, meat and claw
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
To add to that had a stranger in the wild ask me for help, so I came over he pulled me off my horse jumped on and tried to speed off. I went dead eye shot that guy right off. Other random recovered a woman's stolen wagon. As I jumped off to return the wagon a cougar came outta nowhere and mauled her . I didn't get any honor but got some cougar skin, meat and claw
laugh.gif
This game sounds crazy
laugh.gif

I want to get it but I hate buying games that you only play once and then it sits. GTV IV was boring after I beat it. I played Halo 3 for a couple years online before I got totally bored of it.

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Some broad in her hosiery did that to me
smh.gif
smh.gif
Yanked me off after screamin like mad and I fell down and shot her in the back of the neck and took my horse back.
pimp.gif

just got it... bout to fire it up now....

add me on PSN..... DADOC

Originally Posted by Noskey

**NT RED DEAD POSSE LIST FOR PS3** (UPDATING DAILY)

- MOSTHATED770
- BRS-888
- HotHibachi
- WTFJAYOMGLOL
- SaladDodger27
- DuhVinci
- THIZZ_GATLING
- Samus_aran23
- veezy81
- CocoaButtaKing
- TheLastOf
- Samus_aran23
- caliblu
- Meangene4
- King_Jaffie_Joe
- DrCrotchRocket
- DBLACK
- GrimReaper703
- daema82
- ualreadyknow23
- vintage sole
- larrivee7
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]-[/color] Roy__O-Bannon ... that's 2 underscores and 1 hyphen[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
- [/color]Noskey
 -DaDoc[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)][/color][color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
-
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom