Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

Is it wrong that all I did online was sit on top of the ridges and murk people?  So much fun. 
laugh.gif

Can't wait until I really have a chance to get into the game. 

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by young dr0

Im getting tired of these.

"My wife is missing ..."

"My husband is lost ...."

side missions.

Same.  I'm enjoying the game but I have no clue what the main objective is.

Main objective as far as what ive interpreted getting to Williamson and his gang and taking them out.

I like the way that you can either be a good guy or a bad guy... im going the good guy route mostly... Although its tough to resist shooting a civilian on horseback when i need a ride every once in a while.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Is it wrong that all I did online was sit on top of the ridges and murk people?  So much fun. 
laugh.gif

is online serious serious or its just like gta "messing around"?

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

just got chased by two bears
eek.gif

they killed my horse, so I had hoof it out of the woods

eek.gif

yet to see a bear

Bears are huge son
laugh.gif

Saw my first one on MP in FREE ROAM and my #%%$ was laggy so some of the animals werent showing up at all... so im rolling through the woods and i hear a nasty grunt and roar... all the sudden my horse goes down hard and i look around and the bear appears after being invisible and im standin there tryin to get my gun on it like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
then he swatted me down and i was out.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by young dr0

Im getting tired of these.

"My wife is missing ..."

"My husband is lost ...."

side missions.
Same.  I'm enjoying the game but I have no clue what the main objective is.
I get it ... but it's kinda dumb.

Like the Elixir guy, the Necrophile & the dude Irish are all supposed to help you get to / get items you need to get the Williamson guy but ... they keep BSn ... I wish I could just kill them.

I like the way that you can either be a good guy or a bad guy... im going the good guy route mostly... Although its tough to resist shooting a civilian on horseback when i need a ride every once in a while. 
Yeah that kinda reminded me of the Fable series in that aspect (not saying they made that idea up but that's the only game I've played where you can be good or evil.)  My plan is the be good until I beat the game then free roam and go straight corrupt ... robbing all the spots .. killing everyone and all their livestock ... then skinning them all ... selling .. then betting the money on poker ...
pimp.gif

^search the area called Bearclaw Camp around the broken down cabins
the area is up north on the map headed towards Tall Trees and Manzanita Post

How do you unlock the East and South parts of the map? Do I have to take out that guy first? I wanna go hunt buffalo.

Can't cross that river yet, and I want to.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

^search the area called Bearclaw Camp around the broken down cabins
the area is up north on the map headed towards Tall Trees and Manzanita Post
Thanks

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

How do you unlock the East and South parts of the map? Do I have to take out that guy first? I wanna go hunt buffalo.

Can't cross that river yet, and I want to.
Spoiler [+]
After you invade the fort, Irish will help you cross into the south.

Originally Posted by Club29

is it a little�disturbing that this scene had officially made me wanna buy the game now?
laugh.gif

��

I was on the fence about this game until my boy sent me this vid..
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

Had my first encounter with bears. It's funny to watch them smack NPC's around.
laugh.gif
my buddy had his character and his donkey killed by a bear and i just watched
laugh.gif

It's too easy to get sidetracked in this $+%!
smh.gif
I keep on lassoing people or doing something dumb that gets me wanted.

Is the online any fun?

I hear nothing but good things about this game. Are their any games you could compare it to style wise and control and feel? I think I'm going to have to trade in god of war 3 for this.

The controls, mission setup, the cut scenes-similar to GTA 4

But it's still totally different being in the West. The story mode is ridicoulous, I'm enjoying taking my time exploring, hunting,helping people.

Back
Top Bottom