Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

I can't continue to read this thread. Finals need to end already so I can buy this game.

I just drank like 5 shots at the bar then stumbled  out and passed out on the floor
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

To add to that had a stranger in the wild ask me for help, so I came over he pulled me off my horse jumped on and tried to speed off. I went dead eye shot that guy right off. Other random recovered a woman's stolen wagon. As I jumped off to return the wagon a cougar came outta nowhere and mauled her .

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn cougars and wolves would attack at the most inconvenient times.  once i was helping this lawman capture some escaped prisoners, and i get one guy hogtied and ready to go up on the back of my horse.  the next thing i know, two wolves come and attack me.  i drop the prisoner then pump a few rounds into the wolves.  i then went to put the prisoner back on the horse, and two more wolves attack me.  i went through that same song and dance for three or so minutes until the lawman gave up and i failed the mission. 

at first, i was trying to be nice to the little woodland creatures, but forget that, now it's war. 

After a couple days of playing I lost a lot of sympathy/feeling for animals
laugh.gif
Like I don't think I will feel bad if I see an bird in pain

the shooting (other than dead eye) is terrible and has not changed in 10 years since GTA3

how can a small !%* dot be the reticule? come on son...
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

craziest thing ive seen so far is a guy tied up and screaming for help while this cannibal was boiling some human arms and skulls
roll.gif

Damn Mister916 you beat the game already?
laugh.gif

Care to share your overall impressions on the game? Sans spoilers por favor.

Wow, I did a bounty quest in Blackwater.. 600 alive, 300 dead.. went all the way to the forrest to fetch him, fought a whole buncha people on the way back, almost died, got to the city and the $5 bounty on my head I forgot to pay suddenly activated and I get a posse after me and the guy I just captured dissapears right as Im about to turn him in. FML moment.

Cleared out 3/4 people at the $100 poker table then I cashed out.. didn't know I unlock a scrap if I eliminate them all.. dam.

Dag Mister you already beat the game. Ive only did a few things..I just ride and look around
laugh.gif
..I enjoy the night time in this game..

Originally Posted by cwalk1950

craziest thing ive seen so far is a guy tied up and screaming for help while this cannibal was boiling some human arms and skulls
roll.gif

saw that too, but it was a lady that was tied up

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Damn Mister916 you beat the game already?
laugh.gif

Care to share your overall impressions on the game? Sans spoilers por favor.
Well I only completed the story, I should of said that in the first place.

The story plays out beautifully, I played 9 hours straight yesterday and finished it today in the afternoon. It probably took me a total of 13-14 hours to beat the story. I love John Marston's character, he easily became one of my favorites. The weapons are sweet especially the throwing knifes and lasso. What I love about this game is that unlike in the GTA series,  I'll need cheats to have fun, But RDR's side quests and challenges easily suffice for the mayhem and destruction I cause. Originally, I wanted the map to be bigger and I'm glad it's the size it is now, because it takes kinda long to travel from one country to another. The scenery looks really good. You wouldn't really expect snow in a wild west game, Rockstar was smart to change terrains so it wouldn't be all desert only. My personal favorite spot up north is the waterfall and it look amazing, I spend most of my time there hunting.

There are some disappointments in the game like the invisible glitch they have in multiplayer. Also they need to make a better party system like a way to join your friends in their game without an invite. They need to some how let the player know the differences between the horses cause I can't tell the differences. Not being able to swim sucks too but it's not like Marston can swim in the crazy !!% current.

I wanted the game in the first place for the multiplayer but the single player was unexpectedly addicting and I'm sorry to those people who invited me to join them in multiplayer but single player was too dope.

Overall, I love this game but it's not perfect. Even though the multiplayer is fun, it might not be for everybody. If you play in multiplayer free roam you MUST posse up cause if you're on your own then get ready to be hunted down by posse's. I only played out free roam and team death match so far. TDM isn't bad but it's way better than GTA4's which was too hectic. if you don't play online and just looking for a good single player then you should look into getting this. For $60 it is well worth the buy compared to other video games.

For those who beat the story, (huge spoiler)
Spoiler [+]
I can't believe they #@+%!$% killed John, Jack sucks and his voice is annoying

I just finished playing. been playing since 9. I wanted to advance the story line so of course i played online a bit, threw some horseshoes, blackjack, that lying dice game, helped a bunch of strangers and hunted.

this game has too many distractions especially with my A.D.D.
I love it.

Originally Posted by i need Js

Originally Posted by Club29

is it a little�disturbing that this scene had officially made me wanna buy the game now?
laugh.gif

��

I was on the fence about this game until my boy sent me this vid..
nerd.gif
roll.gif
can i get pm on this? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by i need Js

Originally Posted by Club29

is it a little�disturbing that this scene had officially made me wanna buy the game now?
laugh.gif

��

I was on the fence about this game until my boy sent me this vid..
nerd.gif
roll.gif
can i get pm on this? 
nerd.gif

god i cannot stand the cattle/horse herding bonnie missions...that said...the rest of this game is absolutely radical!...cool mini games, for ONCE a non depressing nightscene! good voice over acting, likable characters, and a great storyline!

Guys that pre-order from EBgames/Gamestops, hows the Deadly Assassins costume, does it really increase the Dead eye?~

i just played free roam for about 4hrs. we got a stage coach and went around doing ride-by shooting on gangs.

Anyone successfully rob a bank?
nerd.gif

I'm curious cause I wanna know how much they have in their safe.

Back
Top Bottom