***Official Political Discussion Thread***

My question is always the same, and open to everyone, show me where from the last four years of his presidency where his age led to an incident or decision when you would question his cognitive function as a president?
I think yall are missing the crucial point here. If he can’t run a successful campaign to convince the requisite electorate to vote for him, then none of that matters. He doesn’t look like he can do that and he’s down already. He’s going to lose. There’s no upside for the Democratic Party to stick with him as the nominee. That’s it.

I think yall are missing the crucial point here. If he can’t run a successful campaign to convince the requisite electorate to vote for him, then none of that matters. He doesn’t look like he can do that and he’s down already. He’s going to lose. There’s no upside for the Democratic Party to stick with him as the nominee. That’s it.
My counter to that is with 5 months out it’s far more likely Biden can get his **** together and beat Trump again than the democrats can put somebody else in his position who can even get their campaign off the ground to have a legit chance against trump. I was worried that Biden would be perceived as too old 2 years ago and posted that here. After the primaries was over I then admitted we were locked in, because I thought way back then it was too late for anyone else to step in. With 5 months left it would be a blood bath for whoever replaces him on the ballot.

I’ll maintain my stance there is nothing that can be done now but Biden prove that a bad debate doesn’t mean he is senile. Because that is basically what most of these critiques are saying. People plug in anecdotes about other cognitive diseases but Biden doesn’t have those. So it’s all basically saying he’s old and senile and there isn’t any evidence of that besides a bad debate. Also, while he look old it wasn’t like he was talking incoherent nonsense. He just looked old.

A lot of what we’re seeing is ageism in the media, and republicans weaponizing a narrative they have been pushing for years like they did with “lock her up” and Hillary,

What's the upside of the democratic party using another candidate?

If I gotta go Biden or the field to take on trump I'll go with Biden simply because I've seen him win before. Now he's gotta go out there and reverse some damage.

What shot does anyone else have?

He is senile. He showed it last night. He thought Mark Werner ran for the democratic nomination. He believed a red wave was attempted in 2020. He didn’t know if he watched footage of his brain dead debate.

Clinging onto the stutter when that’s not the issue is absolutely ridiculous.

What's the upside of the democratic party using another candidate?

If I gotta go Biden or the field to take on trump I'll go with Biden simply because I've seen him win before. Now he's gotta go out there and reverse some damage.

What shot does anyone else have?
The upside is you don’t run a for sure loser. 28% chance of winning right now and it’s gonna get better? I’d take any number of democrats in that position and feel the odds are better than 1 in 4 of winning.

This narrative that Biden is too old will backfire on the Republicans. It may be working in the moment but it will get "old" and people will get tired of hearing about it from the media in a week or so.

Unlike race, gender, or sexual orientation. Age discrimination is something that has been experienced or perceived as having been experienced by many older voters regardless of their race, gender, or serial orientation.

yah all Biden has to do is....reverse age related cognitive decline.

and boom problem solved!
This is why I questioned Rusty when he said you’re right many times. You say a lot of **** that…. Look I don’t want to insult you but like most times you’re wrong,

This narrative that Biden is too old will backfire on the Republicans. It may be working in the moment but it will get "old" and people will get tired of hearing about it from the media in a week or so.

Unlike race, gender, or sexual orientation. Age discrimination is something that has been experienced or perceived as having been experienced by many older voters regardless of their race, gender, or serial orientation.
it only backfires if Joe Biden can prove that he's competent.

he had a massive opportunity to do that and he failed,
and basically poured gasoline on the "too old" narrative.,

yah all Biden has to do is....reverse age related cognitive decline.

and boom problem solved!
You’re engaging with people here who think it’s unfounded age discrimination. Which is insane to believe if you’ve been paying any attention at all. A “good” performance on an edited interview in which he slipped numerous times, and showed no grasp on where he stands in this race is what they’re pointing to.

Someone who believes god almighty has to come down from heaven and talk to him in order for him to consider leaving the race is not someone who has a firm grasp on reality or that Trump wins 3 out 4 times in simulations.

This is why I questioned Rusty when he said you’re right many times. You say a lot of **** that…. Look I don’t want to insult you but like most times you’re wrong,

for some reason you are completely allergic to providing evidence for your claims.
if you think im wrong say why,

but instead you wanna rely on weird vibes arguments about past things i've allegedly said that you have no evidence of

it's not convincing.

Do voters think being president is a one man job that Biden cant do so theyre gonna vote for Trump because he's slightly more coherent even though 99% of what he says is nonsense and lies? Miss me with that, it shouldnt matter what Biden sounds like and if he makes a gaff here and there, because he is effing old. Not like he's gonna wake up in the middle of the night and push the red button to launch nukes and poof theyre launched. Theres a line of approval for everything a president wants to do

You’re engaging with people here who think it’s unfounded age discrimination. Which is insane to believe if you’ve been paying any attention at all. A “good” performance on an edited interview in which he slipped numerous times, and showed no grasp on where he stands in this race is what they’re pointing to.

Someone who believes god almighty has to come down from heaven and talk to him in order for him to consider leaving the race is not someone who has a firm grasp on reality or that Trump wins 3 out 4 times in simulations.
i am not engaging with you brothe because you’re clearly a conservative, trying to instigate ****. You would be more convincing using slurs

for some reason you are completely allergic to providing evidence for your claims.
if you think im wrong say why,

but instead you wanna rely on weird vibes arguments about past things i've allegedly said that you have no evidence of

it's not convincing.
Show me a decision Biden made as president that points to a loss of cognitive functions? Just one and I will concede the point.

You have no evidence he is senile.

i am not engaging with you brothe because you’re clearly a conservative, trying to instigate ****. You would be more convincing using slurs
This is how deluded you are. Someone who has voted Dem in 6 elections, voted for Joe Biden, hates Donald Trump is a conservative in your twisted perception because they can see things for what they are.

This is why I said there’s a difference between liberals and libcucks. Getting ****’d by awful candidates and having no ability to see them for who they are has doomed progress in this country for a decade.

This is how deluded you are. Someone who has voted Dem in 6 elections, voted for Joe Biden, hates Donald Trump is a conservative in your twisted perception because they can see things for what they are.

This is why I said there’s a difference between liberals and libcucks. Getting ****’d by awful candidates and having no ability to see them for who they are has doomed progress in this country for a decade.
Keep trying to walk back libcucks. I haven’t heard that term in years because I don’t go to places where people talk like that but clearly you do. I don’t want to question your character but you seem like the type of person most of us would not associate with in real life because your views are abhorrent.

Osh this is who is on your side on this. Consider that.

Show me a decision Biden made as president that points to a loss of cognitive functions? Just one and I will concede the point.

You have no evidence he is senile.

this question just fundamentally betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of the argument.

it's not about doing the job of president, it's about RUNNING for president.
you need to RUN for president to BE the president.

And the decision by the Biden campaign, to basically do zero interviews or unscripted public appearances for like a week. after a disastrous debate where he could barely complete a sentence and debates in the media ranged about his competence.

I think shows that his campaign believes that he does not have the cognitive function to run a normal campaign.

this is instructive,

you see how I explain why the analogy doesn't apply cleanly to this situation.
instead of vagley gesturing on at random vibes?
Sports is a game that happens for a few hours a day, in controlled environment, with set rules. A campaign is like trying to get a plane in the air while still installing the engine…. And then you got to stick the landing, because you can crash and burn at any second for a variety of reasons.

There that’s an analogy that is accurate. Monday quarterbacking is not politics.

Keep trying to walk back libcucks. I haven’t heard that term in years because I don’t go to places where people talk like that but clearly you do. I don’t want to question your character but you seem like the type of person most of us would not associate with in real life because your views are abhorrent.

Osh this is who is on your side on this. Consider that.

this is the difference between you and me.

I don't care who is on my "side", i don't care what it "looks like" or what people will think of my "character"

I only care if the argument is logically sound and is fact based and true. for better or worse, that's just how I am.

i hate bad arguments way more than I hate bad allies.

Back
Top Bottom