***Official Political Discussion Thread***

E43F7962-27BD-4110-88DE-E7B177285C76.gif

Welp, I wanted Bernie to win, but now he's out. I say those who supported Bernie vent out their frustration by voting for Trump or at least not vote at all. That'll teach the universe not to give us what we want.

I had to look at this earlier and Hillary literally lost in Michigan and Wisconsin by less votes than Jill Stein received. Its unreal how razor thins the margins were.

One of the main reason why Biden has to get wide support.
I’m surprised people aren’t going ape **** livid over Wisconsin.

This is a preview of November, and the Coronavirus is not going away anytime soon. In fact that plays into their plans to suppress voter turnout and wither the working class and minorities.
I agree Wisconsin is a major GOP test state. If it works there they are going to replicate it in every swing state (and a few red ones) they can. Dems got to learn from both Bush (2000) and Trump (2016). The only way to beat a Republican for President is it can’t be close. If it’s close they will cheat to get the win.

Welp, I wanted Bernie to win, but now he's out. I say those who supported Bernie vent out their frustration by voting for Trump or at least not vote at all. That'll teach the universe not to give us what we want.

That will teach em. **** all those people who don’t have access to medical care and are drowning in student loan debt

Nah fam. That logic I don’t understand. It’s like voting out of spite. No candidate is perfect. You’re always going to have to settle to a certain extent. Vote for the one that best fits your agenda. It’s better than a spite vote.

I agree Wisconsin is a major GOP test state. If it works there they are going to replicate it in every swing state (and a few red ones) they can. Dems got to learn from both Bush (2000) and Trump (2016). The only way to beat a Republican for President is it can’t be close. If it’s close they will cheat to get the win.

the latest test case.. along with Texas, Georgia and Florida

:lol: :lol:
So your issue with me is that my tone? Is this the supposed hypocrisy you want to call out now?

First, off I am not answering for anyone else, you often tell me that **** Rex and other Bernie supporter say are their views and theirs only, so quote whoever you want but don't expect me to answer for others. If you are trying to tie me to this "that people were simply too dumb to see she that was the best candidate" argument, then it is a strawman, period.

Now regarding my comments. So you concede that I have been critical of Warren, besides what you listed, I did complain at length about her use of nostalgia politics often back when she was joining Bernie of his white working-class tour of the Midwest. I said that she is wrong for insinuating that everyone but her on the debate stages is genuine about helping people. I took other issues with some of her stances. In passing, I believe I said the future of the progressive movement is a better form of Warrenism. I think that is along the same lines as saying someone to learn from her mistakes. Also I have spoken about how sexism hurt all the women candidates. So that hardly amount to anything close to my putting it all on people's stupidity.

But I must point out since it is established I have criticized Warren, that my critic:

-Did Warren run for president twice?
-Was Warren ever the front runner?
-Does Warren have a faction of the progressive media that act as a de facto part of her campaign, that peppered other Dems with bad faith attacks?
-Is Warren supported by a political organization the size of the DSA?
-Do Warren's online supporters do all kinds of ****ery day and night in online spaces at the same level as Sanders?
-Did Warren's supporters display the same level of salt at others over their candidates loss?
-Do Warren supporters make claims about the DNC screwing her over at the same level as Sanders supporters.
-In my state, Sanders supporters have instigated physical fights with folk, went to people's homes in the middle of the night to harass them, and bum-rushed county and state conventions in hopes of stealing delegates for Sanders. Where is the similar behavior from Warren supporters?
-Now speaking generally about this thread, the level of buffoonery in the name of directly supporting Sanders far outweighs anything done in Warrens' name.

I am not listing these things to make you answer for them; I am just building the argument that maybe my tone was partly dictated by how many people I believe need to hear the message of reflection.

Even if Bernie had his valid reason for doing so they still turned out to be mistakes, in the end, it cost him. I play golf; every time I hit it in the water, I have had a valid reason for using the club I used and trying to play the shot I did. And when those mistakes cause me to come out of my pockets at the end of the round, I am open to someone telling me, "dude, play it differently next time." And that is all I am mostly doing in regards to Bernie.

His *** got destroyed again. All I am saying is that his supporters might want to reflect on those things because they sure do look like mistakes in hindsight. So that the next person like him could learn for it, this is not a major rebuke of his whole campaign strategy. In fact, I think it lets Bernie off pretty light.

But for some reason, you have a major issue with this. If this is your stance, you are going to apply the same logic to Hillary's mistakes with campaigning in the 2016 general election. Maybe he lack of campaign events was for a valid reason, right?

But ok famb, When Warren dropped out, I didn't make a post exactly like the one I did when Sanders did. If that is your issue, congrats...
giphy.gif
Yes, my issue is your tone. Your point was that Sanders supporters, who you assume are sulking because they believe he was "cheated," should instead turn their ostensible frustration toward Sanders based on your interpretations of some of Bernie's actions, messages, strategy, etc. that you take issue with. I don't even entirely disagree with many of your points (though I certainly see things somewhat differently). But look at the entire premise of your statements. Can you not see how "a Bernie supporter" (your words) might take issue with this?

And my point with bringing up Warren is that same energy wasn't reciprocated in here by you or anyone else when she got whooped. "Warren supporters need to turn their frustrations toward Warren and her mistakes" or anything approximating it didn't come up. So you can try to dismiss that as "Well, I guess I didn't make exactly the same kind of post," but the broader point is pretty easy to discern for anyone interested in doing so. You're saying your message is based on who you think needs to hear it, but the early reactions to Bernie dropping out in here weren't conspiracy theorizing or shade throwing from his supporters—they were hostility and derision aimed at a caricature of his supporters.

"Lets Bernie off pretty lightly"—okay, sure.

Yes, my issue is your tone. Your point was that Sanders supporters, who you assume are sulking because they believe he was "cheated," should instead turn their ostensible frustration toward Sanders based on your interpretations of some of Bernie's actions, messages, strategy, etc. that you take issue with. I don't even entirely disagree with many of your points (though I certainly see things somewhat differently). But look at the entire premise of your statements. Can you not see how "a Bernie supporter" (your words) might take issue with this?

And my point with bringing up Warren is that same energy wasn't reciprocated in here by you or anyone else when she got whooped. "Warren supporters need to turn their frustrations toward Warren and her mistakes" or anything approximating it didn't come up. So you can try to dismiss that as "Well, I guess I didn't make exactly the same kind of post," but the broader point is pretty easy to discern for anyone interested in doing so. You're saying your message is based on who you think needs to hear it, but the early reactions to Bernie dropping out in here weren't conspiracy theorizing or shade throwing from his supporters—they were hostility and derision aimed at a caricature of his supporters.

"Lets Bernie off pretty lightly"—okay, sure.
If that is the case enjoy your rep from dwalk31 dwalk31

Because I am not gonna entertain this salty nonsense anymore.

Good Grief

Last edited:
At this point I do not think there is much of a difference between what Biden is proposing and what Bernie would have actually passed in the Senate with 60 votes.

I have yet to hear a legitimate argument how Bernie gets a M4A gets passed in the Senate without either substantially reducing costs in his plan or substantially increasing taxes on the middle class. Everyone talks about how great Bernies plans are, but at the end of the day they were half baked ideas with no real way how to pay for them other than scream that we are going to tax the rich and wave a magic brush across that issue and say dont worry about the details.

I hate to break it to you, but Bernie wasn't getting a $35T M4A plan passed, a $17T new green deal passed, and a multi-trillion dollar expansion to Social Security passed. I'd love to hear a detailed proposal about how he is going to do it, but based on the 15 debates we already had he is just going to pivot to a new subject that he likes to casually do.
So, according to you, a candidate's decades-long record of political action should be disregarded in favor of whatever they are pressured into putting into their current campaign platform?

And, within an internal Democratic Party context, who the president is doesn't really matter since what really matters is the level of relative progressivism of the party's most conservative congressperson?

Last edited:
If that is the case enjoy your rep from dwalk31 dwalk31

Because I am not gonna entertain this salty nonsense anymore.

Good Grief
Post upon post in here today from Bernie bashers expressing their hostility toward Bernie and/or his supporters and seemingly projecting their own anxieties about a Biden candidacy onto those folks. And not a one conspiracy theory, bashing of "the establishment," etc. from a single Bernie supporters. But we're the ones that are salty and need the lecture.

You got it, fam.

Back
Top Bottom