***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Censorship is crazy nowadays, I was just looking up #Popeyes
20201109_223321.jpg

not sure what you were looking for but do you think you could do us a favor and scroll back up just a bit?

I’m still 9 pages from fully catching but I absolutely love the student loan discussion and part of the reason I’m commenting before being up to date,
I have to ask...have any of y’all, your friends or family ever had it affect a relationship?

My ex was a few years older than me and in big law at a top firms in multiple major cities so she was making bank...but she had $200K over her head from going to law school in NYC. I got full schollys for both my undergrad . There were always this Russel Westbrook vibes when we had finance conversations

It just grew too deep and I had to go to my GSW hence why she’s my ex.

I just think it’s an interesting part of the whole discussion that people don’t understand or even think about is that someone making $300K with student debt may seemingly be happier or more lavish on IG but they lowkey have the same exact woes as someone making $60K with student debt.

all about earning potential and what it can afford you. without knowing your ex's financial situation, i'd definitely take a $300k salary with $200k school debt over $60k with minimal debt. when it's time to buy a house or a big ticket item, assuming she's been diligent about paying off her loans and built up a good credit score, lenders will more readily give her a loan over the person earning $60k a year. but the grass is always greener, i suppose

in any case, hope you're enjoying your GSW days my G

all about earning potential and what it can afford you. without knowing your ex's financial situation, i'd definitely take a $300k salary with $200k school debt over $60k with minimal debt. when it's time to buy a house or a big ticket item, assuming she's been diligent about paying off her loans and built up a good credit score, lenders will more readily give her a loan over the person earning $60k a year. but the grass is always greener, i suppose

in any case, hope you're enjoying your GSW days my G

Nah, that’s a very valid point. She (we?) ended up copping a crib but basically with her salary and credit score lenders approved her for whatever which is a major benefit. However, she (we?) got slick with it and did renovation loan and went with the full gut. I don’t know if you or anyone in here did it but **** is stressful...and to your point, it’s also something you gotta have bread for because so many costs creep up which again caused stress because of loans.

There definitely a lot of advantages, don’t get me wrong but mentally, the angst idea of knowing you still owe all that money for student loans is still real even with your nice house and international vacations.

Also, thanks bruh but I tore my Achilles and I left GSW for the Brooklyn Nets. Championship on the way :nerd:

Bro...did y'all see Mitch Mcconnell hands?!?!?! Wtf....they're regular. Pasty pig flesh colored. No deep vein thrombosis purple. Is he getting better??? What in the actual ****??!

Yes. That’s the point. Or would you rather Joe Manchin not get re elected, and instead WV goes for a Don Blankenship or even a sane Republican?

No, Manchins role is to occupy a seat that the republicans would otherwise have. Maybe step up on big votes (he did vote no on Obamacare skinny repeal in the final 51-49 vote)
Manchin basically being a republican is the only reason he keeps winning in West Virginia

It’s clear this isn’t a fight to keep Trump in office. That’s over no matter what. Throw out a thousand votes and he’d still lose. They saw that voting by mail hurt them and want to get rid of it. Just another act to suppress votes in the future. This isn’t new. GA runoff is what they’re eyeing.

Last edited:
It’s clear this isn’t a fight to keep Trump in office. That’s over no matter what. Throw out a thousand votes and he’s still lose. They saw that voting by mail hurt them and want to get rid of it. Just another act to suppress votes in the future. This isn’t new. GA runoff is what they’re eyeing.
Meh. Certainly looking real hard coup like... new secretary of defense. DoJ and SCOTUS in 45s pocket.
Well find out in 4 more days whether its posturing or the country is about to burn to the ground.

Meh. Certainly looking real hard coup like... new secretary of defense. DoJ and SCOTUS in 45s pocket.
Well find out in 4 more days whether its posturing or the country is about to burn to the ground.
That all political fanfare trying to show out for his base. Denial is all he has personally but the majority of the Republican Party has already distanced themselves.

So obvious McConnell and Graham have decided the only way they win in GA runoffs is to continue to support trump to the max.

Dems need to quickly shift priorities and put all their proxies and political institutions in GA fast. They got to be able to walk and chew gum on this.

If He would of broke of multiple checks he would of potentially won. Had an easy win in his pocket that he can literally pay for. He didn’t like an idiot. Chose making Pelosi upset over winning

The stimulus checks had an effect. It honestly makes no sense that he didn’t continue to send them out. We know he doesn’t have any moral objections to giving a bribe. It wouldn’t be his money, and it would have helped the economy which was his only real campaigning issue. Over the years I said him being such a political amateur was his biggest issue. He consistently couldn’t make the correct political calculations in a situation. In regards to the stimulus we see him completely failing to read the room.

71DC7C82-8772-482E-A525-58F017AC4D20.jpeg

^How he didn’t look to replicate this nationwide. We’ll never know. It was a factor in him winning Florida.

Dems need to quickly shift priorities and put all their proxies and political institutions in GA fast. They got to be able to walk and chew gum on this.

The stimulus checks had an effect. It honestly makes no sense that he didn’t continue to send them out. We know he doesn’t have any moral objections to giving a bribe. It wouldn’t be his money, and it would have helped the economy which was his only real campaigning issue. Over the years I said him being such a political amateur was his biggest issue. He consistently couldn’t make the correct political calculations in a situation. In regards to the stimulus we see him completely failing to read the room.

71DC7C82-8772-482E-A525-58F017AC4D20.jpeg

^How he didn’t look to replicate this nationwide. We’ll never know. It was a factor in him winning Florida.
Easy way to buy votes and he didn’t do it like the complete idiot that he is. His whole campaign could of run on the dems wanting to stop sending money. A slam ******* dunk
1605013609396.gif

He couldn't do it man... he tried. He begged on Twitter for Pelosi to send him any ol bill to sign regarding checks. He would have signed a one time 2k check easily.

Back
Top Bottom