***Official Political Discussion Thread***

20201107_180400.jpg

Man...

Puts in to perspective that the democrats owe black people and other people of color a lot more than what we've been receiving

Ah yes, what could that possibly have to do with anything
fdb59341ba64361bb02f072272c13ce7.png

Don Jr is a ****old? :lol: :lol::lol:
42c0e0fd93dcf67e663579fe0b802f7e.png

6c0e7008b7459da2515efe24a866a596.png

37b37495bb2d488ca074341f19bc42e3.png

If Trump actually followed this advice I think he would've won
51f7f1221e94f8bb1d34b4c6a8263df0.png

1341b34c91a8a29cbd03c79f59af27a1.png

This is something I continue to struggle with.

It's so difficult for me to accept on a fundamental level, that they were actually as braindeadly stupid as I though they were.

shawshank.gif

On to the next:

I have never said I voted for Donald Trump, period. I have intentionally only ever said supported.

You know where this is going.

instant-replay-gif.2684145

I said I'm probably voting for Trump, simmer down.

I'm sure tons of folks that support Biden might not actually make it to vote.

But i'm definitely NOT voting for the guy Senator Booker refers to as an architect of modern mass incarceration.
I will probably vote GOP down ticket. But you said for people that are blocking the legislation. GOP senators co-sponsored the First Step Act.
More like continue to vote for people who have the ability to get the meaningful legislation passed, no matter what they actually believe.

But yea, hopefully only voting for true believers will work out better for you. I don't mind being wrong as long as the end result it the same.
I know that Trump fans shun math, but the algebra on this is not difficult.

It's time to retire the petty semantics alongside the craven Trump support. The distinctions you're stretching for here serve only your own vanity.

I got my lawyer ready to challenge his appeal

Best believe I'm gonna give a victim impact statement in regards to his buffoonery...
I had something more direct in mind.

The appeals panel should be drawn from community members nominated by the community itself.

I see a lot of familiar names mentioned here: https://niketalk.com/threads/help-us-improve-our-community-moderation.690116/

Everyone deserves a jury of their peers, after all.

bLyF3F7xtyKGhNEeEqf38BZga4k=.gif

So not only not tossing dwalk's useless trolling *** to the curb, but talk of leaving the door (slightly) open for a Ninjahood return?

Disappointed.
There's some misunderstanding here. We've talked about establishing an appeals policy before, in the context of identifying new moderators within our community.

With all the stress on moderation teams and systems, we should be realistic and humble enough to account for the possibility of mistakes - and establishing a mechanism through which users may seek redress, such as an independent appeals process, has become a commonly recommended practice by initiatives like Change The Terms: https://www.changetheterms.org/terms

That process would not be uniquely available to Ninjahood, but could be requested by all community members. It would be a way to check the moderation team's work. If a panel including respected community members believes, by consensus, that a decision was made in error - or should be revised (reducing - or expanding - a particular penalty) - our community would, in my view, be well served to act on that feedback.

Let's say - hypothetically, of course - that ninjahood didn't take his punishment with dignity and pouted about "liberal bias" like his idol. An appeals process would ensure that such decisions are not unilateral. In other words, he could no longer say that his ban resulted from some "personal" issue I have with his rank racism and misogyny, and instead represents a broader assessment of his conduct vis-à-vis our forum rules.

That's not "opening the door for his return" specifically, it's establishing a system for all community members that could be used to verify or modify any given penalty - including his ban. That would be the only possibility of him returning here - because I'm certainly not interested in granting that personally.

When I said "the thought had occurred to me", my point was that I can understand why someone might want to see Ninjahood get his comeuppance. It would be funny. I also made it quite clear that I don't personally support that outcome. The laughs aren't worth undermining the community's integrity.

As for Dwalk, he just boxed himself in to a situation where returning to his threadbare playbook could now only be interpreted as trolling. What point, aside from deliberate antagonism, could there be in harrying those with whom you allegedly agree and reveling in actions you claim to oppose?

20201107_082252.jpg

This one is better and gives better context
In case anyone else had the bright idea of supporting White Nationalists to generate "leverage"...

This must be the Trump administration's severance package.

Ah yes, what could that possibly have to do with anything
fdb59341ba64361bb02f072272c13ce7.png

Don Jr is a ****old? :lol: :lol::lol:
42c0e0fd93dcf67e663579fe0b802f7e.png

6c0e7008b7459da2515efe24a866a596.png

37b37495bb2d488ca074341f19bc42e3.png

If Trump actually followed this advice I think he would've won
51f7f1221e94f8bb1d34b4c6a8263df0.png

1341b34c91a8a29cbd03c79f59af27a1.png

A company she worked for just settled a case with and ex employee that sued stating she sexually harassed him a bunch of times and when he curved her, she got him fired. He got a million dollars

Back
Top Bottom