***Official Political Discussion Thread***

And what about anything, just through his presidency, gives you confidence in that? I understand you have hope, but it's really just blind faith at this point.

I'm asking for basic details on a plan that could be necessary any time now. If there is a plan, certainly some details should be hashed out and readily available by now considering we could next it as soon as next month and certainly before the deadline they gave of June.

You actually asked for more than basic details.

To refresh:

I'll venmo you $100 if you can show significant details of the plan, how it will make healthcare cheaper, who it will cover, how it would work with private insurance, what changes it will make to the current system, what will be covered, what wont be covered, what the deductibles will look like, what the out of pocket costs will look like, a CBO estimate of the plan cost.

I understand not taking him at face value. I make no secret that I give him the benefit of the doubt that others in here choose not to (often for good reason).

My support as it relates to healthcare is based on the assumption that he’s telling the truth.
3UKv.gif

who is this bum?

Good question. Not sure if it's a troll/spoof account or he's really for Trump. All he does is post these random polls from Twitter. And if you click on it to see the feed, they have no replies. I'm thinking the followers of each poll account are all bot accounts.

after 7 years of *****ing, posturing, campaigning, and promising, the GOP didn't have a plan to replace the ACA ready and vetted that could pass a GOP House and Senate

now they're campaigning on how they want to keep pre-existing coverage provisions in between court sessions in which they are trying to invalidate pre-existing coverage provisions

but yes we should trust Trump when he says there's a plan and that people with pre-existing conditions will be covered. seems reasonable

You actually asked for more than basic details.

To refresh:

Is it though? I can go out and find those things right now for one candidate. It's certainly odd that a guy who has been saying we fix health care hasn't released anything other than a blanket statement saying we are going to have cheaper, better healthcare.

Is it though? I can go out and find those things right now for one candidate. It's certainly odd that a guy who has been saying we fix health care hasn't released anything other than a blanket statement saying we are going to have cheaper, better healthcare.

after 7 years of *****ing, posturing, campaigning, and promising, the GOP didn't have a plan to replace the ACA ready and vetted that could pass a GOP House and Senate

now they're campaigning on how they want to keep pre-existing coverage provisions in between court sessions in which they are trying to invalidate pre-existing coverage provisions

but yes we should trust Trump when he says there's a plan and that people with pre-existing conditions will be covered. seems reasonable
It’s like asking an F student to prove they did their summer reading they claim they did. All you want is the report but the idiot keeps saying it’s not here but will be here soon. You ask if he read the book and he says large parts have been read. Trump is a grade school level idiot

Desperation Googling fails you again :rofl: :rofl:

So this is the "plan" :lol:

ec. 2. Policy. It has been and will continue to be the policy of the United States to give Americans seeking healthcare more choice, lower costs, and better care and to ensure that Americans with pre-existing conditions can obtain the insurance of their choice at affordable rates.

Sec. 3. Giving Americans More Choice in Healthcare. The Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of Labor, and the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall maintain and build upon existing actions to expand access to and options for affordable healthcare.

Sec. 4. Lowering Healthcare Costs for Americans. (a) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, in coordination with the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, shall maintain and build upon existing actions to expand access to affordable medicines, including accelerating the approvals of new generic and biosimilar drugs and facilitating the safe importation of affordable prescription drugs from abroad.

(b) The Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of Labor, and the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall maintain and build upon existing actions to ensure consumers have access to meaningful price and quality information prior to the delivery of care.

(i) Recognizing that both chambers of the Congress have made substantial progress towards a solution to end surprise billing, the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall work with the Congress to reach a legislative solution by December 31, 2020.

(ii) In the event a legislative solution is not reached by December 31, 2020, the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall take administrative action to prevent a patient from receiving a bill for out-of-pocket expenses that the patient could not have reasonably foreseen.

(iii) Within 180 days of the date of this order, the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall update the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare website to inform beneficiaries of hospital billing quality, including:

(A) whether the hospital is in compliance with the Hospital Price Transparency Final Rule, as amended (84 Fed. Reg. 65524), effective January 1, 2021;

(B) whether, upon discharge, the hospital provides patients with a receipt that includes a list of itemized services received during a hospital stay; and

(C) how often the hospital pursues legal action against patients, including to garnish wages, to place a lien on a patient’s home, or to withdraw money from a patient’s income tax refund.

(c) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, in coordination with the Administrator of CMS, shall maintain and build upon existing actions to reduce waste, fraud, and abuse in the healthcare system.

Sec. 5. Providing Better Care to Americans. (a) The Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs shall maintain and build upon existing actions to improve quality in the delivery of care for veterans.

(b) The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall continue to promote medical innovations to find novel and improved treatments for COVID-19, Alzheimer’s disease, sickle cell disease, pediatric cancer, and other conditions threatening the well-being of Americans.

So this is the "plan" :lol:

You asked for details and that is what has been released by the White House on its ongoing efforts to lower healthcare costs.

Like I stated on the last page, I didn’t say there was a completed written plan in place. I said that I think significant portions have been written based on what Trump said.

What I posted is information from the whitehouse re: healthcare efforts.

The President of the United States serves the American people. His job is to appease his employers aka the American citizens. If you told your boss in 99% of jobs that you would submit something to him in 2 weeks for an entire year you gotta be suckin him off because you should've been fired 11 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom