***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Are there any important details you can think of that differentiate Biden and Trump when it comes to healthcare?

Or would you rather just present a bunch of fallacies because you don't actually care about how Trump's actions affect other people?

Some good info here.

Comparing Biden's And Trump's Different Visions For Health Care

Some good info here.

Comparing Biden's And Trump's Different Visions For Health Care

I think the obvious answer is that one of these candidates has experience actually being part of an administration that worked to give more Americans access to healthcare. The other has made empty promises for the last four years.

But carry on with the false equivalencies. Clearly this isn't an important issue to you.

repeal and replace but we don't have a replacement so we'll just focus on repealing and we'll figure out the replacement later.

it's been 10 years and they still can't tell us what they plan to replace the ACA with.

"it's not a bug, it's a feature"

The one he says they have portions of in the interview.

The plan he says will protect people with pre-existing conditions.

If you don’t believe him—cool.

But my support is based on the assumption that there will be a plan in place to replace it.

I don't think I need to tell you what happens when you assume right? Just saying.

By completing the plan he mentions with significant portions that have already been drafted.

just because you got alot of paper, dont mean you actually got anything on it......

1603390773738.png

1603391042851.png

1603390865471.png

You’re saying you believe he will do it because of the plan posted on the link.

How is that not giving him the benefit of the doubt and believing he’ll do it because he said he would?
For one, healthcare was a big priority under the Obama administration and is hugely important to Democratic voters and independents.

Trump on the other hand has only lied repeatedly about wanting to protect pre-existing conditions, supported repealing the ACA without any replacement (while claiming he wanted to protect pre-existing conditions of course) and petitioned the Supreme Court to revoke the entirety of the ACA.

So on one hand you have someone who was part of getting the ACA passed, and on the other hand someone who tried to destroy it without any replacement while also blatantly lying about his position on pre-existing conditions.

By completing the plan he mentions with significant portions that have already been drafted.

How long will that take? 1 month? Six months? A year? Two years? How is he going to get the votes for it? Are republicans in the House and Senate going to magically start pretending about health care? What if there is a democratic majority in the house and senate? Does he go with a democratic plan or back a republican plan? How does he then reconcile the differences between his "plan" and a government run plan that he has publicly stated he doesn't suppoert? Do they use budget reconciliation to get it passed? How does he raise the funds for a health care plan?

How does he quickly implement a plan? Obamacare was propsed in mid-2009 and didnt pass until march 2010. It also didn't go into effect until 2014. What do people do if it takes four to five years to implement like the ACA?

How many will be left uninsured in the meantime?

What will happen to individuals with pre-existing conditions if the ACA is stricken down entirely? Are those people just SOL in the meantime?

You can see where this is problematic, right?

How long will that take? 1 month? Six months? A year? Two years? How is he going to get the votes for it? Are republicans in the House and Senate going to magically start pretending about health care? What if there is a democratic majority in the house and senate? Does he go with a democratic plan or back a republican plan? How does he then reconcile the differences between his "plan" and a government run plan that he has publicly stated he doesn't suppoert? Do they use budget reconciliation to get it passed? How does he raise the funds for a health care plan?

How many will be left uninsured in the meantime?

What will happen to individuals with pre-existing conditions if the ACA is stricken down entirely? Are those people just SOL in the meantime?

You can see where this is problematic, right?

Absolutely.

But the problem with republicans in the house and senate exist for both plans.

So, depending on the Supreme Court decision congressional action will be necessary either way.

If the Republicans retain the senate, which candidate do you think would be best positioned to get the necessary legislation passed?

I understand not taking him at face value. I make no secret that I give him the benefit of the doubt that others in here choose not to (often for good reason).

My support as it relates to healthcare is based on the assumption that he’s telling the truth.

Let's be honest, he's NEVER told the truth!!

Absolutely.

But the problem with republicans in the house and senate exist for both plans.

So, depending on the Supreme Court decision congressional action will be necessary either way.

If the Republicans retain the senate, which candidate do you think would be best positioned to get the necessary legislation passed?

I don't think a comprehensive plan gets passed without a majority in the house and senate and that's my issue with what they are doing right now.

It took FIVE years from the time Obamacare was proposed to the time it was implemented. Waiting until something happens in the supreme court to do anything will cost thousands of people their lives.

A conversation at the Delk home.

Significant Other: "You told me to get rid of my vibrators. You said that you could make me come...."

Delk: "Yes. I said I could make you come....and I promise I will one day....eventually."

S.O.: "But why didn't you show me that you could make me come BEFORE you made me get rid of my vibrators?"

Delk: "I promised I would. Eventually. Isn't that enough for you? I took off your pants. I've done the significant parts."

I wish there was a way to compare view count on his Twitter of the interview vs 60 minutes ratings of the airing. Because you know that’s why he posted it up, to undercut the tv ratings. Dude really is Mojo from x-men seriously.

What the **** is the made up place called suburbia? :lol:

the land of pearl clutching white women

I wish there was a way to compare view count on his Twitter of the interview vs 60 minutes ratings of the airing. Because you know that’s why he posted it up, to undercut the tv ratings. Dude really is Mojo from x-men seriously.

the land of pearl clutching white women
We are little kids still play that game with the big wooden hoop and the stick

Back
Top Bottom