***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So basically we don’t want trump to die because literally any other republican has a better chance at winning the election vs trump?
Michael doesnt have the "base" that Trump has. So it's a double edged sword. Will alt right ****s vote for Pence? Will they intimidate voters for Pence? Will they kill for Pence?

Personally I think Pence would get washed harder than Trump if DT45 were to die.

these people are deplorable

EjWZ5EyXYAAEJCT.png

Yup, they knew.....

Michael doesnt have the "base" that Trump has. So it's a double edged sword. Will alt right ****s vote for Pence? Will they intimidate voters for Pence? Will they kill for Pence?

Personally I think Pence would get washed harder than Trump if DT45 were to die.

Yeah it’s kind of tough to tell.

how many republicans aren’t voting trump?

how many are only voting trump cause klan?

will the cult members still vote republican when he’s dead?

That’s my understanding - the part I’m not clear on though is how the election would work - you vote for a candidate rather than a party don’t you? So how can they just replace the candidate? What happens to all the votes cast already?
From my understanding, with the electoral college, State legislators decide to assign Electors to the person that won the state popular vote (some states this is a law others it isn't from my understanding). So would in theory they would vote to assign the electors to the Republican replacement for the Republican candidate Trump. SCOTUS hand a recent ruling that left an opening for states replacing a deceased candidate. There are some constitutional issues, and Republicans might not want to go along with this if Biden died, but if it was Trump it would probably go down like this.

Since the candidate is associated with a party, the RNC would have to inform voters that a vote for Trump on their ballot means that they will get to chose his replacement.

In Nevada Dennis Hoff (ran as a Republican) won a local election in Nevada a few weeks after he died. The county electoral officials filled the seat with another Republican.

This video clip ends right before Biden says
"Now before I finish, let me just say
I did not come here to show out
Did not come here to impress you
Because to tell you the truth when I leave here, I'm gone
And I don't care what you think about me, but just remember
When it hits the fan brother, whether it's next year, ten years
Twenty years from now, you'll never be able to say
That these brothers lied to you Jack"

Back
Top Bottom