***Official Political Discussion Thread***

fidopx695iq51.jpg

My mistake. It was actually 19 black judges, not 16.

I'm just gonna let Wille D handle this lol.

I have no doubts that abbott's motivations to implement this measure are wholly self serving and to keep as much power in the republican party as possible. I am also wholly against abbott's methodology to change the system. That said, the current system to elect judges in texas is highly flawed and creates the issues I discussed above. for example:

1601589028058.png

Daryl Moore (D) had been on the bench for 4 years and is widely regarded as one of the best judges in Harris County. Brittanye Morris (D) has practiced for less than 5 years, most of which was spent pursuing tax delinquencies on behalf of a school district. Likely has never tried a case in front of a judge or jury. Little to no experience as a private civil litigator overall and displaced the incumbent in a landslide.

This doesn't even address the more rural counties that are largely republican and vote republican judges in just because there is an R behind their name on the ballot. There's a lot of rural counties that elect "good ol' boys". There has to be a better system to appoint the best jurist. Judges are supposed to be impartial so the fact that they have to run to be elected in a partisan race already makes zero sense.

I have no doubts that abbott's motivations to implement this measure are wholly self serving and to keep as much power in the republican party as possible. I am also wholly against abbott's methodology to change the system. That said, the current system to elect judges in texas is highly flawed and creates the issues I discussed above. for example:

1601589028058.png

Daryl Moore (D) had been on the bench for 4 years and is widely regarded as one of the best judges in Harris County. Brittanye Morris (D) has practiced for less than 5 years, most of which was spent pursuing tax delinquencies on behalf of a school district. Likely has never tried a case in front of a judge or jury. Little to no experience as a private civil litigator overall and displaced the incumbent in a landslide.

This doesn't even address the more rural counties that are largely republican and vote republican judges in just because there is an R behind their name on the ballot. There's a lot of rural counties that elect "good ol' boys". There has to be a better system to appoint the best jurist. Judges are supposed to be impartial so the fact that they have to run to be elected in a partisan race already makes zero sense.
This is the consequence of a system that was built on the basis of preferential treatment (in this case, racial preference). As long as the US justice system doesn't divorce itself from the beliefs and attitudes engendered by slavery, it will always be just a notch above neighborhood street justice.

I listen his podcast relgiously, but when he starts talking about politics (and on Brilliant Idiots), I fast forward that ****. I can't rock with him. His last pod he basically said he rather vote for Trump because Joe is dead weight. Joke? Yes. Is he serious? I believe so. I don't doubt in my mind he's a closet Trump supporter.

They didn’t call him, “Alt Right Andy” for no reason

assic adage truly sums it up “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
Especially i they'd rather go for the lazy take instead of pay
They didn’t call him, “Alt Right Andy” for no reason

I used to listen to BI and Flagrant but I noticed he was moving funny style and when Kaz left I completely stopped listening.
That contrarian **** can only go so far. Mal from the JBP loves the stupid contrarian hot takes too.

Back
Top Bottom