***Official Political Discussion Thread***

These shameless ****s never stop
snoop.png

Belgium now has a federal government but they somehow figured out a way to turn it into a bigger ****show than not having a government at all. How typical.

They managed to completely exclude the 2 biggest victors of the 2019 election, who won a combined total of 28% of the vote. Both are conservative parties with one of them (the lesser of the two) overtly embedded in white supremacism.
They're also the 2 biggest Flemish (Belgium's northern Dutch-speaking half) parties and completely dominated the Flemish vote.

The federal government now does not contain a conservative party even though they got nearly 30% of the votes in the 2019 election and currently hold 43 of the 150 parliament seats.
I didn't vote for either of them but at the end of the day my firm view is that it's utterly ridiculous to just exclude them entirely. The government coalition parties are nearly all left wing parties with a little bit of centre and centre-right mixed inbetween.

A substantial amount of the cabinet officials so far, including our new Prime Minister, are from parties that lost big in the election.

It's a complete ****show

I'm late on the debate, but CNN anchors and commentators had me laughing 😆.

Old men interrupting each other. But Trump went low saying personal ish to Biden. -10/10 score.

travis county has roughly 1.2 million residents. 4 drop off locations.
harris county has almost 5 million residents. 12 drop off locations.
they are purposefully making it harder to vote while complaining about not having a free and fair election.

Don't worry everyone. Trump is uniquely positioned to pass this legislation over the obstructionist Senate Republicans.

he swings and misses every single time and just keeps swinging. it's not even admirable. it's just sad.

reminder:

Well, he got suspended for a racist tweet - but I don’t have a problem with that meaning he’s a trump supporter.
I think there was another tweet where he admitted he was a Trumper.

Edit: yep....

When Simmons was referred to as a “Trumper” in a reply, he responded: “That’s right” with an emoji of an American flag.

Well, he got suspended for a racist tweet - but I don’t have a problem with that meaning he’s a trump supporter.

considering how often democratic candidates are asked to disavow, apologize or bear the burden of the actions of others

i see zero problem with any republican having to do the same, especially given how difficult trump found it to just condemn white supremacy on tuesday night and gave a shout out to the proud boys.. trump should have to answer for anything proud boys related from now on

Back
Top Bottom