***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think 🌟 Boy should've ran against Cronie but I get why he didn't. JFK's Killer's son is the most unpopular politician in the US and ☪️ 🌟 ⭐ still couldn't get that win. He probably thinks Texas is a couple election cycles away which is probably why he sat out.

He'll probably get a cabinet position if Biden wins.

Rumor is that he might try to run for Governor in 2022 too.

But yeah, famb really fumbled the bag after his Senate run.

texas dems have been fumbling the bag for years. they have no idea how to package the message imo. maybe this is just my home state pride coming through, but I feel like they could win if they just detached their message from the national platforms and just ran back on "texas pride", if you will.

beto could have won, and MJ Hegar could still win if they simply just paint their opposition as being national republican cronies. cruz and cornyn have sold out texans to stand in line with the national party. run on a "we're texas. we don't want washington politicians dictating what we do. we will do what's best for texans first and foremost". MJ Hegar should be absolutely slamming Cornyn for just falling in line with Trump on everything and not thinking for himself. she should be running to legalize marijuana and show all the farmers here how much money they can make. I agree with her stance on open carry, but it shouldn't be her forefront if she wants to win texas. it's easier to reduce "ban open carry" to "she wants to take our guns" than it is to explain that "concealed carry is fine, but open carry isn't". she should also be shouting from the rooftops every chance she gets how many uninsured persons live in texas and cruz/cornyn are gunning to make it worse. our infant mortality rate isn't "terrible" compared to other states, but we have the most infant deaths by sheer population.

*my basis for this opinion is personal conversations with republicans on the ground in texas.

B857E96B-EA1E-4553-9ABE-E1B896A6ABE9.jpeg

And don’t get complacent by the polls, make sure you vote.

this is great but how long has that **** been legal...?

I mean, I do feel you--seems like something that should have been part of the legalization process from jump--but after reading the EO itself I gotta say the extra motivation to get this done at this moment in time is clear:

For the individuals pardoned in this Executive Order, all rights of citizenship associated with the pardoned conviction are restored in full without condition. All civil disabilities and public sufferings associated with the pardoned conviction are removed.

all of a sudden that´s a lot of extra voters...that, I´ll spark to.

edit: further reading turns out that these pardons were for misdemeanor possession charges.

these aren´t people in jail or unable to vote, which does diminish this but it´s still a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom