***Official Political Discussion Thread***

obama used joe to keep scared white voters in line and vote for Obama thinking joe going to make all the moves.

Joe needs someone black to keep the black vote.

basically reverse of what Obama did. Plus The young folk will like the fact of black woman as VP. Stacy is a better pick than Harris.
Kasich where you at?

I honestly just want someone who is going to light up Pence (shouldn't be hard) in the debates and deliver a battleground state.

One of Hillarys underrated mistakes was her VP pick.

Biden thanking Bernie and his supporters like he dropped out already
dead.png

Had to look up Biden’s health care plan because he rarely talks about it in debates, but it’s actually surprisingly comprehensive

He needs to spend more time talking about **** like this and less time sucking farts out of trumps butthole

Clinton was great with black primary voters, but millions didn't turn out for her in the general. Now that could be because they were only turning out over Obama, and voter suppression, but having turnout be as high was possible is still a good play.

Abrams I feel is the the top choice. I don't think that midwestern alternative with name recognition exist. (given that Baldwin is a no go)

yeah thats true but I think Biden will do better than Clinton on that front, Clintons institutional black support was inherited I think, Biden seems to have real relationships and I think he knows talking about institutional racism is hyper explicit ways like Hilary did aint the way you win black voters.

but he def needs to strengthen young black support. Stacey might do it.

Brutal. I hope that if the 'establishment' rallied in the ways it did against Sanders, they'll have enough juice to get 45 out of office.

What this probably comes down to is the mythical 'never trump,' so-called moderate, swing voter. Do they exist? Can Biden leverage enough nostalgia, offer enough fairytales of security, and mesh it with the individualism that so many Americans seem to care about? It just might work, but what are the long-term consequences? Does the long-term matter if an authoritarian rules again?

I won't be co-signing any of his past. (How quickly the candidates who took him to task on the debate stage forget.). And I'll continue to defend Sanders and the movement against baseless charges. But I'll do my part to see Joe win. Hate saying that. But it is what it is.
These are basically my sentiments as well.

Like I said in here last week, I have some grave concerns about Biden's ability to campaign effectively and win the general. I hope I'm wrong if it does, indeed, come down to a Biden candidacy (and obviously it's looking that way). But I am not optimistic about his chances in the general. We'd better hope that public antipathy for Trump is as widespread and strong as we'd like it to be, because no one is going to be excited to be voting for a cognitively compromised Joe "Nothing Would Fundamentally Change" Biden.

We'll see where things go from here, but it's been a very disappointing eight days for those of us in the Bernie camp, without a doubt.

Last edited:
Had to look up Biden’s health care plan because he rarely talks about it in debates, but it’s actually surprisingly comprehensive

He needs to spend more time talking about **** like this and less time sucking farts out of trumps butthole
What gives you the impression that Joe has even the slightest clue what's in that "plan"? :lol:

What gives you the impression that Joe has even the slightest clue what's in that "plan"? :lol:

I mean it largely builds on the ACA and provides for greater flexibility in tax credits, cost reductions, caps out of pocket insurance costs at 8.5%, free coverage for low income individuals, elimination of out-of-network fees, cap pharmaceutical costs.

It may not be M4A but it’s likely what you would have ended up with anyways because Bernie wasn’t getting a 60 votes for M4A anyways. Complain about it all you want but it’s a hell of a lot better than the plan republicans are offering which is a nice **** you and kick in the *** with out of pocket medical costs

Back
Top Bottom