***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wish yang got more shine.

my boy went to his weezer concert thing in Iowa. :lol:
giphy.gif

I wish Pence would get more shine but when you are in our PRESIDENT ELECT's shadow, you can't shine. Hopefully Pence runs for President of the Ukraine to clean up the corruption.
It's the only way to make America great again. If we arent establishing our power across corrupt allies, why even be American? Plus who doesn't want to live next door to their BFF? "I can see Russia from my backyard" will have a whole new level of meaning.

John Bolton reappears on Twitter after a two month absence, gets eviscerated

John Bolton reappears on Twitter after a two month absence, gets eviscerated

Sounding like a thot

You hate to see it

No one pushed to start wars like him. He was in those high level briefings. Why should his wife get half?

Rent control is tough for me...

Someone in my family just got into the landlord game, in a small factory town that's booming again because of legal weed.

They bought a small building that holds like 4 units. They bought it kicked out people paying some ludicrously low amount like 400 bucks for a two bedroom, so shes told em shes jacking the price up to market rate and they didn't want to pay so she evicted them.

Shes now renovating it and adding another unit, if they had rent control, she wouldn't have been able to kick those people out and renovate and add more units.

Seems to me that Rent Control just helps people who got in on the ground floor on a hot housing market. If there is enough housing supply you shouldn't need rent control.

Rent control is tough for me...

Someone in my family just got into the landlord game, in a small factory town that's booming again because of legal weed.

They bought a small building that holds like 4 units. They bought it kicked out people paying some ludicrously low amount like 400 bucks for a two bedroom, so shes told em shes jacking the price up to market rate and they didn't want to pay so she evicted them.

Shes now renovating it and adding another unit, if they had rent control, she wouldn't have been able to kick those people out and renovate and add more units.

Seems to me that Rent Control just helps people who got in on the ground floor on a hot housing market. If there is enough housing supply you shouldn't need rent control.
Ninja got da Cuban and hemi because of rent control

Rent control is nice in theory but in practice is a cluster****.

It does nothing for sum reduction, inflates prices for other renters, and it just benefits incumbent renters and the expense of new renters.

I mean Ninja biggest defense for rent control was that rich people finesse the system, so why should anyone have a problem for him for doing it too.

IF you want to do rent control it would be better to out a ceiling on how much a landlord can jack up the price when it comes time for release renewal, make sure rent is not to far off market prices, and means test it.

We could solve the affordable housing crisis easily with high quality public housing. But the forces against that would be a perfect storm: NIMBYISM, Zero Sum Thinking, and racism.

So while there is ton that could be done on housing the two main goals should be increasing supply, and when you increase supply increase density. Oh, we should still subsidize lower income and poor folk too.

The restrictive zoning laws have to do, nothing can be done until they go.

Last edited:
There is no limit here on the max you can charge but there is a limit on the minimum.

city doesn’t want poor people I bougie areas.

Back
Top Bottom