***Official Political Discussion Thread***

As a whole for me the debate was a toss up. Both sides came out strong. Obama ended with a great point and it always helps to get the last word

Its just funny how both sides are going to try to paint it as a clear win for their side.
Oh NOW you're playing the bipartisan role?

LOL

Bruh, you were in here running around saying how Romney beat obama the first time meanwhile I was the only one telling ya'll to focus on the comments themselves, not the appearance.

Now you're talking about how "funny" this all is. 

Fall back. 
laugh.gif

As a whole for me the debate was a toss up. Both sides came out strong. Obama ended with a great point and it always helps to get the last word
Its just funny how both sides are going to try to paint it as a clear win for their side.

Romney was playing defense the whole time and got caught off guard numerous times. It was a clear W for Obama. Romney knew he was losing the debate in his mannerisms and interruptions of the moderator.

question- why does it matter whether it was called an act of terror or a protest? does that actually change what happened? seems pretty insignificant but I don't really keep up with politics like that

LOL mis-read that
but
Its in the transcript.
It was a speech about the attack on Libya where he talks about 9/11 and refers to acts of terror. Does he have to say "the terrorist attack on Libya"
Why is Romney trying to slam this issue though? This is the nit picking and reaching I'm talking about.

I agree based on the transcript alone you can spin the comments both ways the issue arises when you look at Obamas statements at the UN on talk shows and statements by his UN ambassador and press secretary.
Still doesn't matter though, whats the importance of any action outside of a counter-response? Does this prove Obama and his administration aren't handling foreign affairs properly? What is the GOP trying to insinuate?

Romney was playing defense the whole time and got caught off guard numerous times. It was a clear W for Obama. Romney knew he was losing the debate in his mannerisms and interruptions of the moderator.

The Libya moment was a disaster :x

Last edited:
Like I said...you know what they say when you're complaining about the rules... 
grin.gif

question- why does it matter whether it was called an act of terror or a protest? does that actually change what happened? seems pretty insignificant but I don't really keep up with politics like that
Act of terror: Premeditated attack. Shows we were caught off guard. Implies that we should respond forcefully, namely militarily. Humanizes the offenders.

Protest: A "**** happens" scenario in which people were accidentally killed. Shows that our foreign policy presence makes us prone to stirring tensions. Implies that there isn't someONE responsible, but someTHING, namely the ideology of religion.

At this point, I don't know how the video plays into this but it certainly  had some impact. 

Do people really think that Obama was purposely timid in the first debate just so he would shine tonight?

LOL

Bruh, you were in here running around saying how Romney beat obama the first time meanwhile I was the only one telling ya'll to focus on the comments themselves, not the appearance.

Fall back. :lol:

Romney did win the first debate

I said Biden won the VP debate

Tonight was a toss up

I have always been near the middle

You know who killed Romney tonight? The moderator when she mentioned Romney's lies regarding Libya.

Good performance by the President.

Also, Romney could have saved himself the uppercut had he not blamed Obama's campaign for his 47% **** up. They didn't make up the 47% thing, Romney was caught on tape saying it. It wasn't the administration twisting his words. It was how he truly feels about that 47%. No one is painting Romney any different than he has painted himself.
 That's not true. He did say those 47% are reliant on government and think of themselves as victims, but it was clear he was talking about campaign strategy when he said he doesn't need to worry about them, yet it's been painted as him saying he doesn't care about the 47%. They use that truncated sound byte in attack ads and push the "rich guy who doesn't care about poor people" narrative.

You cannot be serious.

LOL

Fall back. 
laugh.gif
Romney did win the first debate

I said Biden won the VP debate

Tonight was a toss up

I have always been near the middle
oh ok. right. 

I already told you that THERE ARE NO WINNERS. 

Its just facts and arguments. How you dress or what your attitude is doesn't matter. 

oh ok. right. 

I already told you that THERE ARE NO WINNERS. 

Its just facts and arguments. How you dress or what your attitude is doesn't matter. 

And you are one of one million who felt that way

Where have I been inaccurate in what I just said as to who I felt won the debates

I dont care that YOU say there are no winners. There are debate champions in college and high school so obviously someone can win a debate

Last edited:
This is from my personal experiences, not trying to generalize here.

-College acceptance. A lot more colleges are trying to have a more "mixed" student body.
-Jobs, especially in the sciences. I have a ton of female engineering friends who had no trouble finding internships/co ops in the last 2 years. Female engineers and female scientists are in high demand

Not right nor wrong, this is just what I have observed

a white dude could still get a minority scholarship, just apply to a HBCU :D

Obama really did what he had to do tonight... He won't have the big leads he had 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, but this should trend every swing state he may have fell behind (excluding NC, which is lost) to a +1-+3 for Obama... (By swing states he lost support I mean: VA, FL, OH, WI, IA, CO, NV). Which he is still leading 4 of 7 of already..

He needs another strong performance Next Monday, same style, different format...

Will generate a couple more points for him in swing states.. And leave Romney with very little math to the White House.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom