***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Via Politico,
House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) will not run for reelection next year, he announced on Facebook Wednesday, ending a fast-rising political career, at least for now.

“After long consultation with my family and prayerful consideration, I have decided I will not be a candidate for any office in 2018,” he wrote. “I have made a personal decision to return to the private sector.”
Aka Chaffetz gonna get PAID by someone in 2019. At least one less incumbent we gotta worry about for midterms.
Sources say there is kompromat on @jasoninthehouse; that this is why he turned and that @fbi know it. #traitorinthehouse
— Louise Mensch (@LouiseMensch) April 13, 2017

The deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee places much of the blame for his party’s recent electoral failures at the feet of President Obama.

“Barack Obama could have been a better party leader, and I think the fact that he wasn’t has put his legacy in jeopardy,” Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison said at an event held at the University of Minnesota on Wednesday.

Ellison, a progressive who backed Bernie Sanders for president and was an early supporter of Obama’s, said that the former president’s failure to lead the Democratic party led to steep losses at the national level as well as in state houses across the country.

“His true legacy is in danger, and I think he can’t say that he wasn’t part of those losses. I mean, who else?” said Ellison, who serves as second-in-command to DNC chairman Tom Perez.

Via Politico,
House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) will not run for reelection next year, he announced on Facebook Wednesday, ending a fast-rising political career, at least for now.

“After long consultation with my family and prayerful consideration, I have decided I will not be a candidate for any office in 2018,” he wrote. “I have made a personal decision to return to the private sector.”

Aka Chaffetz gonna get PAID by someone in 2019. At least one less incumbent we gotta worry about for midterms.

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse[/URL]"]
Sources say there is kompromat on @jasoninthehouse; that this is why he turned and that @fbi know it. #traitorinthehouse
— Louise Mensch (@LouiseMensch) April 13, 2017

[/quote]Didn't even realize this...

Last edited:
I really want to hear the answer to the question "what should he have done different"

I hope to god "supporting Bernie" or some variant of that nonsense is that Ellison is alluding too.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest
Bernie stans are just as annoying as Trump stans right now

:lol:

But on a another semi related note, I had a discussion with this "Bernie delegate" where he said all political contributions by the big corps to political parties are bribes in the USA

Every time I said that's now how bribes are, he kept saying that I was wrong :lol: oh well

Last edited:
I gotta be honest

But on a another semi related note, I had a discussion with this "Bernie delegate" where he said all political contributions by the big corps to political parties are bribes in the USA

Every time I said that's now how bribes are, he kept saying that I was wrong :lol: oh well

I have resigned myself to the fact some people are hopeless. That the beef is not over progressive policy (which many Sanders supporters don't understand), it is being upset they are not getting their way.

Being a progressive for a few people just means agreeing with Bernie, no matter how stupid it makes you look.

Let these people fap to Young Turks episodes in peace and be blessed.

Last edited:

[thread="509493"]Official Political Discussion Thread/73350#post_27957161​[/thread]
How about you look up the definition of carpetbagger, before you start running your mouth

car·pet·bag·ger

ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/

noun
derogatory

noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.

• historical
      (in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.

•  
      a person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist.

"the organization is rife with carpetbaggers"

Congrats, you have showed this entire thread you're just like Ninja and don't read or listen to the **** you yourself post.

He grew up in the district, his family still lives there, he lives a mile and a half away because of his chick.

But yeah, "no local connections"

Go sit down somewhere b
Repped thank you for explaining this so I didn't have to. 

Ellison and the Bernie Bros/Stans are clowns. These Young Turks type folks are not helping the situation at all. They are the types that whine and claim both parties are the same, protest vote for Jill Stein and then organize huge protests and marches after they help elect Da Don. Trump Stans and these folks are cut from the same cloth.

I gotta be honest

Problem with these dudes is that they want to change the game from the sidelines. Do players pay attention to spectators? No! They focus on the game while the fans are screaming suggestions.

Be a one-and-done. Take that corporate money, get elected, and change the system so that corporate money is no longer politically effective. Then, fall back in the anonymity of an average life.

How many of them would do it?

Ellison and the Bernie Bros/Stans are clowns. These Young Turks type folks are not helping the situation at all. They are the types that whine and claim both parties are the same, protest vote for Jill Stein and then organize huge protests and marches after they help elect Da Don. Trump Stans and these folks are cut from the same cloth.

Tbf,that's not better than saying Trump and Hillary are the same before the election. One side is still very clearly worse and detrimental to everyone else as a whole :lol:

Last edited:
-Bernie Bros are not the some Trump supporters, I'll take petulance over bigotry anyday.

But there are parallels between the two groups. And a lot of that has to do with their being parallels between Bernie's rhetoric and Trump's.

-Young Turks, not matter how much I agree with much of what they say is still left wing Breitbart.

Nothing is measured, thoughtfully analyzed, they give no unique insights, they spew "progressive" talking points back to their audience.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest

Problem with these dudes is that they want to change the game from the sidelines. Do players pay attention to spectators? No! They focus on the game while the fans are screaming suggestions.

Be a one-and-done. Take that corporate money, get elected, and change the system so that corporate money is no longer politically effective. Then, fall back in the anonymity of an average life.

How many of them would do it?

I don't think any of them can even get themselves into a position to garner such support :lol:

Tbf,that's not better than saying Trump and Hillary are the same before the election. One side is still very clearly worse and detrimental to everyone else as a whole :lol:

One side has better motives but when that side focuses on purity tests and protest votes that get us Da Don, one can see the parallels.

Yep,

Bernie Bros have more in common with Trumpettes than they realize.

-Most of their political arguments involve purity test

-They need to name an enemy

-They don't want to admit their preferred politician's ideologically is pretty much in line with the major political party they are members of

-Claim to be anti-establishment yet support people that have been part of the political establishment for decades

-Wikileaks is Gospel

-Their policy positions are dictated by either Bernie or Trump

-They demand loyalty to said politician

They are not on the same level of course. Not even close.

But then again these same individuals want people to believe that Hillary was actually a Republican running as a Dem. If they indulged in such a stupid talking point, then I have no issue with turning the mirror on them.

-If any of you guys want to listen to real left wing delusional drivel, check out Humanist Report, Secular Talk and Aggressive Progressive. The dude that runs that Youtube channels is almost a perfect caricatures of what the worst kind of Bernie Bros are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom