***Official Political Discussion Thread***

^they will get half a promise
Some manufacturing companies will be propped up, but they will be heavily automated.

Trump ain't gon get alotta what he said done tho or it's gon be a mess when he tries to do something like with the Ban ...the obsolete jobs ain't coming back, no type of plan for healthcare , and the wall is looking shaky/stupid already ...what a start for him :lol: :smh:

Trump ain't gon get alotta what he said done tho or it's gon be a mess when he tries to do something like with the Ban ...the obsolete jobs ain't coming back, no type of plan for healthcare , and the wall is looking shaky/stupid already ...what a start for him :lol: :smh:
The general public won't realize the effects until a year or two later sadly.

Last edited:
I think it's been touched upon already in this thread but I also read that all the chaos from the ban might've been masterminded intentionally by Bannon. It's called a shock event and you use the shock event to confuse ppl, and in the confusion, ppl take sides and they're not united. It makes it easier to turn on each other and also amidst the chaos they'll slip in some other bill or change that doesn't get attention because everyone is focused on the wrong thing. Also the shock event will root out who's loyal and who's not to Trump and it'll be easier to further purge the government.

Scary **** to read

Last edited:
The question I have about all this is Trump going to fail or scare people enough to get people out to vote in 2 years?

This ain't the end of the world and people have a way to change it.

Hilary Clinton was the least likable candidate maybe ever and still won the popular vote.

Last edited:
Since voter suppression and voting turnout is a big problem in the US, how do y'all feel about the idea of mandatory voting? Which is what we have over here.
Our elections are very different but most people here seem to hate it. Obviously not everyone is into politics and the people generally don't have faith in our government and view it as dysfunctional and disconnected from the people. With a few individual exceptions such as our prime minister, the minister of social affairs & public health and the minister of immigration. Many people I know specifically ask their employers to schedule them to work on election day in advance so they don't have to vote. And if they can't work on that day they just leave their ballot empty.
I think it's a good thing for the most part because it forces the entire population to participate in national elections. You get fined if you don't show up to vote without a valid reason (disease, work, ...). Each town no matter how small has a voting station so it's never a long trip and the bigger cities have plenty to prevent long lines. My rural town has a few thousand inhabitants and it usually takes me about 5-10 minutes to vote once I get in line. Our town simply uses our boyscouts building as a voting station for the elections. Lots of parking space and easily accessible in the center of the town by foot or bicycle.

Have you ever been to the US?? I think you are vastly underestimating the size of this country. It would have to be election week in order to get every American citizen to vote then another to count if not more.

Have you ever been to the US?? I think you are vastly underestimating the size of this country. It would have to be election week in order to get every American citizen to vote then another to count if not more.
i think there should be reforms to voting. make election day a holiday. let it go on over the weekend leading up to Tuesday. 

The question I have about all this is Trump going to fail or scare people enough to get people out to vote in 2 years?

Trump won Wisconsin and Michigan by less than 1 percentage point and Florida/ Pennsylvania by 1. 3 percentage points. If voter turnout is good and he keeps treating the White House like a reality show and the dems put out a good candidate they will have the white house back.

Short summary of what happened in Belgium today:

Trump adviser, climate denier and fossil fuel lobbyist Myron Ebell was a guest speaker at a meeting in Brussels organized by the EU party "Alliance of conservatives and reformers".

A few hundred protesters organized outside the venue to protest his unfounded and extremely regressive views on climate.

At the meeting, he gave the opening speechsaid

"The climate change movement is the greatest threat to freedom and progress."

"The climate movement comes out of a belief in two things; that government command and control is to be preferred over individuals choosing their own course in life, making their own decisions. And that experts (pronouncing experts with a tone of contempt) really should be in charge of everything."
He did not receive any applause. A few attendants of the meeting were interviewed and didn't explicitly condemn his views but said climate change and negotiations are important and that they will continue to negatiate with all countries.

The EU parliament debated Trump's travel ban (mostly referred to as travel ban here instead of muslim ban) amongst other things, condemning it across the board with the exception of Nigel Farage. He suggested the EU parliament should invite Trump and that the muslim ban is simply a continuation of previous Obama policies.

As he made those remarks, another parliament member held this up behind him

Both our national parliament and the Flemish (I live in Flanders) parliament debated the travel ban today. In both parliaments, condemnation of the travel ban was near unanimous. Our main conservative party, which is our largest party and holds the most seats in both parliaments also unanimously condemned the ban. Several members of our most conservative party spoke in support of it but it should be noted that they have long been marginalized for racist views and several members of said party have recently attended and spoke at a neo-nazi convention in Greece.

The debate focused mainly on how to respond to Trump. Most were in favor of a stronger response to Trump in condemning his actions from our top government officials. Minister-president Geert Bourgois (NVA member) in particular was criticized for responding to the travel ban with "it's arbitrary and in conflict with legal certainty". He stood by his comments, adding that he felt he was critical enough and is sufficient in demonstrating condemnation for Trump's actions.

Last edited:
Ridiculous, didn't know about the FHA, water issue.

What about Solar or batteries if your power goes out instead of the generator?

And my wife just sent me an article about this Paris based company Pittsburgh hired to manage their water system since they didn't have the money and that's when everything started going downhill
Im sure you could rig something up, I just picked up a little generator for emergencies - (knock on wood) I haven't lost power in the two years we been there.  I would love to have panels on my house and not rely on PECO either, one day.

Anyone heading down to the Science March on April 22nd?  I'll be there.

I don't think madantory voting would solve anything. Society often produces more morons than smart people imo. In a huge country like the US, madantory voting would also incur huge amounts of waste funding wise, especially since a lot of people don't like to be political either and would rather not vote.

We had a chance.

You have "adults" getting up, driving to polls and voting for haramabe.

A ******* gorilla.

Trump on BHM today:

We had a chance.

You have "adults" getting up, driving to polls and voting for haramabe.

A ******* gorilla.
Last time I voted, a troll attempt called the "Pirate party" actually made it on the ballot, stating their goal as supporting piracy.

So you're not alone, I'd find it less ridiculous to write in Harambe than check the box for a troll party who wants legal torrenting. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom