***Official Political Discussion Thread***

@JProskowGlobal: WH Press Sec calls Quebec City attack "a reminder of why the president is taking steps to be proactive not reactive" on national security.

Disgusting :smh:

So a white guy shooting up a mosque is justification for banning Muslims? :stoneface:

incredulous.gif

I wonder how Israel's PM feels now

He was praising it just days ago :rofl:

@JProskowGlobal: WH Press Sec calls Quebec City attack "a reminder of why the president is taking steps to be proactive not reactive" on national security.
Disgusting
mean.gif

So a white guy shooting up a mosque is justification for banning Muslims?
indifferent.gif

incredulous.gif
Only if you look at it that way, the way it happened. You could look at it alternatively where it was a terror attack on a church. 

So an attack on a mosque makes the immigration ban look "correct"? We have morons on the west wing

South Jersey in a nutshell
lol yup, towns with a population of 2,000 just have to have their own police and fire stations.

I'm not even sure these towns know about consolidating. Maybe this upcoming governor election will help spread the word

How about school districts? Where I live in Western PA, we have about 9 boroughs consolidated for 1 district (integration for the most part). This increases property taxes because the borough tax on top of the school tax.

This shooting happened at the perfect time :rolleyes

Fear mongering :smh:

Swear it did :smh: Just gon be "See, this would have happened here if we didn't institute this ban" Meanwhile Dylan Roof is a U.S. citizen

Only if you look at it that way, the way it happened. You could look at it alternatively where it was a terror attack on a church. 

If they're banning Muslim immigrants, might as well ban white immigrants as well, since their descendants are the ones committing the most terrorist attacks in this country. Obviously it would never happen, but that would be the fair thing to do if they were really concerned about terrorism in the US :lol:

Last edited:
so a white guy shooting up a place of muslim worship confirms that banning muslims was right? Because it has to be their fault huh? No muslims, then white people can't shoot up their church's huh? Guess they'll just go back to their old pass time of messing up black church's til that black ban..

How about school districts? Where I live in Western PA, we have about 9 boroughs consolidated for 1 district (integration for the most part). This increases property taxes because the borough tax on top of the school tax.

I forgot about the schools. They're just as bad. There's a few regional districts but its still mostly separate with every town/city doing their own thing, afraid to lose their identity lol.  There's a town called Mendham Borough, right next to it is Mendham Township. It's stuff like that all over NJ. 

I forgot about the schools. They're just as bad. There's a few regional districts but its still mostly separate with every town/city doing their own thing, afraid to lose their identity lol.  There's a town called Mendham Borough, right next to it is Mendham Township. It's stuff like that all over NJ. 

There's literally a 4/5 block town in Hudson county called guttenberg.

Why? I have no idea, **** has like 4 cops and 2 cop cars.

Dumbest **** ever.

Here's a good article from a conservative talking about trump. Again, for the millionth time, opposing trump does not make you anti-Republican or anti-conservative. If anything conservatives who support trump are the ones not just ruining their party but spitting on the principles of the party.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/a-clarifying-moment-in-american-history/514868/

We were right. And friends who urged us to tone it down, to make our peace with him, to stop saying as loudly as we could “this is abnormal,” to accommodate him, to show loyalty to the Republican Party, to think that he and his advisers could be tamed, were wrong. In an epic week beginning with a dark and divisive inaugural speech, extraordinary attacks on a free press, a visit to the CIA that dishonored a monument to anonymous heroes who paid the ultimate price, and now an attempt to ban selected groups of Muslims (including interpreters who served with our forces in Iraq and those with green cards, though not those from countries with Trump hotels, or from really indispensable states like Saudi Arabia), he has lived down to expectations.

Last edited:
Truth, the area where I live is a whole bunch of boroughs forming our school district. At least 3 could be consolidated to form one borough that's not even large but at least medium but they rather be separate. Half the time u don't even realize where one ends and another begins if there isn't a sign posted.
Breh, the area I live in has like 10 small towns that take a total of 20 mins to drive through em all and all of them have different county lines/limits where people are going to different schools despite living in the same town.

lol yup, towns with a population of 2,000 just have to have their own police and fire stations.

I'm not even sure these towns know about consolidating. Maybe this upcoming governor election will help spread the word
Yup, they have like 5 police officers and two cop cars
laugh.gif

I doubt the election will get these townships to change. They got too much pride.
It's hilarious how south jersey and northern jersey are so different.

It's literally the sticks / farm land out there with scattered malls in between.

And AC is dead man, putting money into it ain't gonna fix it's issue.

Been dying for years.
AC maybe dying but the rest of the shore ain't. I wonder why that is. Even though money won't fix all the issues that exist down here, jobs will go a long away in allowing people to be productive.

Last edited:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...nt-white-house-website-branches-a7552566.html

Why would they remove this?

Donald Trump  has removed the judiciary from the Government on the White House website.

Until now, and in every mainstream account of the politics of the US, the Government is made up of three branches. Those are made up of the executive, represented by the President; the legislative, made up of the Senate and House of Representatives; and the Judiciary.

But the White House website now leaves out all mention of that latter branch. As of shortly after the inauguration, it mentions only the executive and legislative branches, both of which are controlled by the Republicans.

The discovery came soon after judges dealt a blow to Donald Trump's "Muslim ban", a decision that put the White House in conflict with the judicial branch.

Now the page that used to describe the judiciary's role in the governing of the US only reads: "Thank you for your interest in this subject".

Otherwise, the page on the US Government is unchanged, suggesting that the removal was done on purpose.

The change appears to have been made as part of a sweeping set of alterations and deletions made by Donald Trump as he entered the White House. Soon after the inauguration, for instance, it emerged that he had removed all mention of climate change or global warming, civil rights and protections for LGBT people, among others.

Because Trump doesn't have a checks and balances system governing him. It's the Executive. That's it. And he doesn't need Legislation since he's gonna lead with Executive Orders. Dude is legit an army of 1 right now. He's not trying to pass bills or make laws so he doesn't really have to talk to Congress.

Only 2 ways to stop and little man with a pen...

Here's a good article from a conservative talking about trump. Again, for the millionth time, opposing trump does not make you anti-Republican or anti-conservative. If anything conservatives who support trump are the ones not just ruining their party but spitting on the principles of the party.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/a-clarifying-moment-in-american-history/514868/

We were right. And friends who urged us to tone it down, to make our peace with him, to stop saying as loudly as we could “this is abnormal,” to accommodate him, to show loyalty to the Republican Party, to think that he and his advisers could be tamed, were wrong. In an epic week beginning with a dark and divisive inaugural speech, extraordinary attacks on a free press, a visit to the CIA that dishonored a monument to anonymous heroes who paid the ultimate price, and now an attempt to ban selected groups of Muslims (including interpreters who served with our forces in Iraq and those with green cards, though not those from countries with Trump hotels, or from really indispensable states like Saudi Arabia), he has lived down to expectations.

Trump, in one spectacular week, has already shown himself one of the worst of our presidents, who has no regard for the truth (indeed a contempt for it), whose patriotism is a belligerent nationalism, whose prior public service lay in avoiding both the draft and taxes, who does not know the Constitution, does not read and therefore does not understand our history, and who, at his moment of greatest success, obsesses about approval ratings, how many people listened to him on the Mall, and enemies.

Back
Top Bottom