***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Like these people criticizing Walz aren't getting their picture taken with the Buc-ee's mascot.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 221712.png

There’s tens of millions of Americans whose understanding of politics is as follows:

GOP: the mean but more level headed and tougher Party

Dems: the nice and inclusive but sometimes too “politically correct” and oft naive Party.

When Democrats tack to the center, they are signaling to those Americans that EVEN the soft hearted Democrats see (group of brown people) as legitimately dangerous, those (group of brown people) really MUST be dangerous.

I understand that the Democrats did need to address the situation at the border and the generally overwhelmed capacity for processing asylum hearings but they could do it in such a way that doesn’t validate the GOP’s racialized dogwhistles and conspiracy theories.

I am so deeply confused as to how these idiots can possibly find negativity or weirdness in that. The man got excited and hugged a mascot. People do that quite often at sporting events. I...I got nothing. :rofl:

I think part of it is that the online right are either shut ins or tech bros with sinecures. In either case they do or they have watched a lot of day time sports talk and the fact that there’s now a lot of women on ESPN has caused these guys to see men’s sports as feminine and gay coded now.

Same dynamic with ESPNs extremely mild “woke” “politics,” but it’s still enough to cause the online right to associate sports with uh um, uh, uppity Black folks.

When you watch more hours of talking heads than actual games, you perceive the sports largely based on how your electronic friends talk about it. And if you’re also radicalized against women, queers, and PoC with agency, you’ll be alienated from enjoying sports.

Also FWIW, Trump voters who actually have a job and family still tend to watch a lot of sports. Their politics are still bad but they do tend act a lot more normal than the extremely online and extremely idle members of the American right.

Who’d have thought that American Capitalism with its brutal hierarchies and its radically punitive approach to poverty would have caused the US economy to turn into a bunch of rent-seeking fiefdoms.

I need to meet this 1% of Harris Voters.

“Kamala Harris is an extremely qualified candidate who will bring new perspectives and experiences to the highest levels of American government and are must be the next president regardless of what the median voter may think. And that’s why I’m teaming up with Nicolás Maduro once again….”

I am so deeply confused as to how these idiots can possibly find negativity or weirdness in that. The man got excited and hugged a mascot. People do that quite often at sporting events. I...I got nothing. :rofl:

Guess they don't know how loved the Phillie Phanatic is in the city! There are people who will die to protect him from the haters!

Back
Top Bottom