***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1726416291714.png

Photobombing de Gaulle: how a forgotten picture rewrites the history of WWII
For the triumphant liberation of Paris in August 1944, black soldiers were kept out of sight. Georges Dukson didn’t get the memo

The whole article is worth a read, especially in the context of the Springfield scandal. Blacks, Arabs, Asians, and anyone else falling under the definition of "non-white" have always been part of the mythological West, and we very much helped birth the modern West.

How would conversations about responsibility, obligation, entitlement, sacrifice, patriotism, immigration, integration, welfare, equality and justice, as they relate to Black people and migrants, be discussed if their contributions to this crucial moment were fully recognised? How might the French understand immigration and non-white people differently if they knew that Toulon, the first large city to vote for the Front National, was liberated with a significant contingent of colonial troops?

How would we understand terms like “threat to western civilisation” and the “values of liberal democracy” if we could grasp not only that the greatest threat to those values came from within the continent, but that Black people rallied en masse to defend them, even when their colonial overlords decided that those values didn’t apply to everyone.

In short, how different would our view of Black people’s place in Europe today be if we were able to spot Dukson in those pictures of August 26 1944 and not think, “What is he doing there?” but instead “Where are all the others?”

Dewine outperformed Trump by a dozen points and beat the Trump backed candidate in a landslide in 2022.

Better question is why JV Dunce is allowed to continue to go on these Sunday shows and destroy himself

"In a statement to Variety, the General Services Administration, which runs the vote.gov site, confirmed that it received 405,999 visitors referred directly from the link the singer posted. In the week prior, the site had averaged around 30,000 visitors per day.

While the GSA cannot verify exactly how many of those visitors to the website subsequently registered to vote, it estimates there were more than 27,000 new registrations through the website on September 11, as well as more than 80,000 people who verified their registration status."

Dewine too. He's still supporting Trump. He goes on these shows and dispels these lies about Haitians but then still supports Trump vocally. Coward. My god I can't wait until their party dies. I know Politicians have always done some questionable things in the name of supporting their fellow party members but whatever the line is, these people have crossed it. And if you can still support someone after all that he's done, you have no morals.

100%!! It's the same addiage when someone asks if you are willing to lose a friendship over politics? No, I'm willing to lose the friendship over morals!

Dewine too. He's still supporting Trump. He goes on these shows and dispels these lies about Haitians but then still supports Trump vocally. Coward. My god I can't wait until their party dies. I know Politicians have always done some questionable things in the name of supporting their fellow party members but whatever the line is, these people have crossed it. And if you can still support someone after all that he's done, you have no morals.
Dewine has always been a little ******* rodent. Never votes for anything to actually help people, only HIS people.

Back
Top Bottom