***Official Political Discussion Thread***

MattLapTopSmColor-1007x1030.jpg

It was inevitable, really. He simply couldn’t afford to have all those government programs shuttered. They left him a broken husk, gracelessly shambling around DC wearing unpunctuated Joseph A. Bank.

MattLapTopSmColor-1007x1030.jpg

It was inevitable, really. He simply couldn’t afford to have all those government programs shuttered. They left him a broken husk, gracelessly shambling around DC wearing unpunctuated Joseph A. Bank.

Why do I know that this guy's name is Matthew Lesko? Does that tell my age? Can't remember what I walked into a room to do half the time but I remember this guy's name.

Man really got on and said it’s cool if I make up stories. Never mind those stories are putting a group in danger and leading to bomb threats in schools and hospitals. I read a hospital was closed because of a threat being called in. I work in a relatively large health system. Not even sure how that’s possible.
Been told this guy is a neutral, pure statistician element. Not sure where "woke" or not would come into play here.
You have to throw in that qualifier to let them know you’re still maga when you go against the grain.

That elon post is crazy. Pretty much calling for one of the maga faithful to put in work. Crazy people were still on the fence about him. Buying Twitter was an investment. What’s 44b when trump winning would net him significantly more. The whole Twitter play was to influence the election.

Why do I know that this guy's name is Matthew Lesko? Does that tell my age? Can't remember what I walked into a room to do half the time but I remember this guy's name.

I knew it as soon as I saw his picture. Yeah, we're old buddy. 😂😂 I also think it's because Andy **** did a skit that was pretty spot on of Lesko when he had his show MANY years ago. Pretty funny.

From Wired:

Routh was charged with possession of a fully automatic machine gun, referred to in court filings as a weapon of mass destruction. He was also charged with carrying a concealed weapon, as well as driving without a valid license and resisting, delaying, and obstructing law enforcement, according to Greensboro News and Record.

Man really got on and said it’s cool if I make up stories.
One should always keep in mind that for these folks, truth is not the goal of telling stories. Raising fear and pushing people to actions motivated by that fear are the goal of their story.

They've already admitted that their views are unpopular in the marketplace of ideas, and they've decided, a long time ago, that they won't adapt; instead, they will force society to work according to their ideology.

Lies are a tool, and platforming the likes of JD Vance, Musk, etc... allows them to spread the lies. Allowing these people to hide behind the nebulosity of "free speech" while meekly questioning them is enabling them to wield a very potent weapon.

One should always keep in mind that for these folks, truth is not the goal of telling stories. Raising fear and pushing people to actions motivated by that fear are the goal of their story.

They've already admitted that their views are unpopular in the marketplace of ideas, and they've decided, a long time ago, that they won't adapt; instead, they will force society to work according to their ideology.

Lies are a tool, and platforming the likes of JD Vance, Musk, etc... allows them to spread the lies. Allowing these people to hide behind the nebulosity of "free speech" while meekly questioning them is enabling them to wield a very potent weapon.

It reminds me of this newt Gingrich interview back in the 2016 election cycle. He was telling people that it was less safe then than in the 50s and 90s. And the reporter said that he was wrong and that it’s much safer in 2016. “But facts don’t matter, it’s how people feel.” Was his response. I was dumbfounded but it’s true on how they spin it all.

Back
Top Bottom