***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Because the media/journalism is all about entertainment and revenue. Media knows what their doing.
In a normal democracy, he wouldn't even be on a primary ballot.

That's low the GOP has fallen. That's also why those whose vote hinges on Biden's health were never serious about preserving democracy. And if this is the pivotal issue that makes America sink into autocracy, we were never redeemable as a people.

Scammers working with each other?

giphy.gif

If people HONESTLY believe they are going to try everything on that list, let alone get some past, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell them! 🤦🏻‍♂️

You notice what isn't listed? Making large corporations and the rich (& ultra rich) pay their fair share of taxes. Gee I wonder why they excluded that little entry 🤔

If people HONESTLY believe they are going to try everything on that list, let alone get some past, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell them! 🤦🏻‍♂️

You notice what isn't listed? Making large corporations and the rich (& ultra rich) pay their fair share of taxes. Gee I wonder why they excluded that little entry 🤔
I noticed they threw infrastructure week at the end there lmao

A series of campaign statements, dubbed “Agenda47,” lays out the former president’s vision for 2025 and beyond—one that fights for conservative values in the culture wars permeating American education, while leaving education decisions to states and students’ families.

Trump plans to shutter the Department of Education, restore prayer in schools, create an American Academy that awards low-cost degrees to students paid for by levying financial penalties against institutions that do not yield to his ideological standards, revitalize school choice, limit discussion of LGBTQ+ content in classrooms, and much more. These proposals are almost identical to Project 2025: a 920-page playbook chock-full of right-wing policy priorities for the next Trump administration. The Heritage Foundation, the organization that authored Project 2025, declined to make any of its scholars available for comment.

Trump and his conservative allies have zeroed in on one specific regulatory power they hope to wield to instill “American values” in higher education: accreditation. While typically viewed as a monotonous and routine requirement, Trump plans to weaponize the accreditation process to “reclaim our once great educational institutions from the radical left” and instill conservative values in these independent institutions. If colleges do not adopt Trump’s right-wing values, they will be in jeopardy of losing federal funding.

Accreditation ensures that schools meet the minimum standards to educate students in the majors they offer, and it's a guarantee that those who graduate from there have demonstrated the minimum knowledge necessary to perform their job. I hope we don't need to spell out what killing accreditation would do to the quality of the homegrown American worker.

The last sentence is for trappedintime trappedintime : colleges will bend the knee, especially since they won't have international student tuition (see how fewer came in during the first Trump term) or state funds to rely on in order to bypass federal funding.

Basically the progressive and moderate wing seems posed to back Biden but blue dogs ever the “both sides of the party” seem to be positioning themselves to at the very least not openly call for Biden to be removed. They keep talking about “whoever is chosen” and hinting at a choice no one seems ready to make.

Also you’re seeing Dems going after the media and I don’t doubt it’s based on as much as Biden did as their own constituent calling them the last few days.

So I think the worst of the debate backlash might be over.

I noticed they threw infrastructure week at the end there lmao

Yeah didn't he try that before? 🤔 How did that go? Not well 😂😂

And I thought I read we are already energy independent and we have drilled the most we ever gave? Bunch of ******** on that list.

Basically the progressive and moderate wing seems posed to back Biden but blue dogs ever the “both sides of the party” seem to be positioning themselves to at the very least not openly call for Biden to be removed. They keep talking about “whoever is chosen” and hinting at a choice no one seems ready to make.

Also you’re seeing Dems going after the media and I don’t doubt it’s based on as much as Biden did as their own constituent calling them the last few days.

So I think the worst of the debate backlash might be over.

While things have obviously been not great for Biden, with the media it has been a self fulfilling prophecy

They are hanging on and nitpicking anything that comes from dude.. even outright lying in some cases or eagerly conveniently being misled in others

But they are literally doing the work of trump’s campaign while throw basic journalistic practices our the window.. or at the least being disingenuous

And it’s not like there isn’t stuff to cover on trump but they just choose not to

Back
Top Bottom