***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What’s included in the “economy” when they use that word anyways? It’s used to broadly. Like yeah there’s work for people but it’s not really nice out here unless you’re making good money.

Are they strictly referring to gdp?

Yeah, I’ve always thought that - “the economy” doesn’t really matter to most people and is often used as just something nebulous to say how well a regime is doing.

Should be based off amount of homeless people, foreclosures, late payments etc etc. that would give a better idea of how people are really living.

I wonder if any economy based off of the exploitation of people will ever be good? Getting to eat flavored bread crumbs is still eating bread crumbs.

Yeah, I’ve always thought that - “the economy” doesn’t really matter to most people and is often used as just something nebulous to say how well a regime is doing.
Sometimes it means the stock market, sometimes it's gas, sometimes it's interest rates, sometimes it's tuition, sometimes it's housing/car prices.

The definition is relative and one's judgment of the economy depends on their level of interaction with it in a particular moment: (someone wants to make a major purchase when interest rates are very low? The economy is great!)

I wonder if any economy based off of the exploitation of people will ever be good? Getting to eat flavored bread crumbs is still eating bread crumbs.

Blasphemy

1692551660910.jpeg

=/=

1692551706789.jpeg

I don’t know DeSantis may pull a Biden and get the nomination. Trump indictments are real. And Tim Scott and Vivek are minorities and Nikki Haley is a woman.

I don’t know DeSantis may pull a Biden and get the nomination. Trump indictments are real. And Tim Scott and Vivek are minorities and Nikki Haley is a woman.
Do you really think the Republican primary voters are gonna turn on Trump because he is indicted?

The indictments haven't hurt his polling numbers at all.

And DeSantis has never been the frontrunner like Biden was for most of the primary

Or…… Here me out….. nothings changed but Trump is so cartoonishly inept that their lock step acceptance of stupid ideas are more obvious than in the past.

When Bush I & II or Reagan did stupid/corrupt stuff the lack of social media allowed it to be buried easier.

I mean WMD, the justification for Desert Storm, and Iran Contra were all lies that was figured out more or less in real time.

Back
Top Bottom