***Official Political Discussion Thread***

From the article...

The White House are choosing not to send her up for confirmation, that is why she withdrew her name.

They pointed to the debt issue giving the Senate Republicans and opening to attack her. And if they don't have the votes, it would be a pointless effort.

This is pointing to this being more a political issue, not beaururatic.

Secondly, from the article...

The expert on the matter WaPo themselves asked for clarification said this situation seems highly unusual.

We don't know what is in the report, so people have to do some level of guessing.

But it seems like you are taking a step further and doing the acknowledge and hand wave rhetorical move to whenever it comes to anything that doesn't match your anecdotal experience.

Not saying you haven't seen bureaucratic ****ery, but this situation is fundamentally about a Senate confirmation hearing, and vote. Which is a political roadblock.

If more info comes out, I am willing to change my position, but given the information, known your argument doesn't seem that a strong explanation. And in some level just seems like it is potentially giving cover to political bad actors.

I'm not trying to give cover to bad actors or hand waving anything. I acknowledge that the politicians could put more of a fight up. I'm just saying this is a common occurrence within gov bureaucracy.

He's their expert and calls it unusual. I am not an expert on political appointments and it's procedures. So maybe he's right and the rules for those on high are different for those of us near the bottom. As someone who has been on the inside albeit at a much lower level, I call this every day bureaucracy.

I think there is probably truth to both. Biden didn't have the votes AND because technically there are valid bureaucratic problems the Democrats chose not to fight harder. If they had the votes, maybe they could've pushed. If she didn't have the debt issue, they could've pushed. But both together and it was enough for them to not try.

REALLY? That's the excuse you decide to post? Get outta there with your useless & mindless BS!!

What was your initial thought when you read the headline?

I’m just responding to what’s being posted. It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here consistently, but your name doesn’t look familiar. I’m used to these antics from Rusty nem.

Brushing off attempts to normalize white nationalism seems like a serious concern to most people.

I wonder why someone wouldn't care about sitting senators and congresspeople doing it?

Hmm....
How is a racist Congresswomen from Rural Georgia and a racist Senator from Alabama news?

It's not that folks shouldn't care, it's what can we do about it? It's been 200+ years

I’m just responding to what’s being posted. It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here consistently, but your name doesn’t look familiar. I’m used to these antics from Rusty nem.
Shut the hell up Delk

You only slithered out of your cesspool today because you felt you had some negative news to post about Democrats

Because I normally just ignore your BS & let the normal responders do their thing, but this is overboard to even suggest this.

To answer your question? Yeah, he isn't going to work everyday. Let's flip the script, and say it was a Democratic governor doing this. There would be so much uproar from the other side of the aisle, it would be insane and don't say there wouldn't be.

Now you can go on forgetting about me, as I'm done replying.

Because I normally just ignore your BS & let the normal responders do their thing, but this is overboard to even suggest this.

To answer your question? Yeah, he isn't going to work everyday. Let's flip the script, and say it was a Democratic governor doing this. There would be so much uproar from the other side of the aisle, it would be insane and don't say there wouldn't be.

Now you can go on forgetting about me, as I'm done replying.

I think you are, understandably, letting your feelings about Daniel Cameron color your responses.

WFH seemed like a simple explanation to me. He’s not the Governor. Not using your key fob doesn’t mean you’re not working.

I think you are, understandably, letting your feelings about Daniel Cameron color your responses.

WFH seemed like a simple explanation to me. He’s not the Governor. Not using your key fob doesn’t mean you’re not working.

What, that he's a bad AG? I won't even mention her name (RIP) but yeah, he is. and sorry I mistyped, AG & running for governor. Unless they have a set 100% WFH policy, most are hybrid in today's work climate. But you go ahead and post whatever you want. You always seem to have an excuse or explanation for everything & anything republicans do anyway. Frankly, I only replied because I openly admitted to mistyping info. Now I see why others can't stand you.

Last edited:
What, that he's a bad AG? I won't even mention her name (RIP) but yeah, he is. and sorry I mistyped, AG & running for governor. Unless they have a set WFH policy, most are hybrid in today's work climate. But you go ahead and post whatever you want. You always seem to have an excuse or explanation for everything & anything republicans do anyway. Frankly, I only replied because I mistyped info. Now I see why others can't stand you.

My past support of Trump on this forum has done seemingly irrecoverable damage to people’s perception of me.

I support the Democratic Party a lot both with my wallet and on the ground. I’m certainly no fan of Daniel Cameron, and admitted that my former support of Trump was a mistake.

Can’t change my past positions, but I’m constantly working to uplift my community despite the picture that’s painted on NT. There are a lot on here that know who I am, and it wouldn’t take much for them to do a few searches to confirm that I’m not just talking.

But lo, here we are.

Back
Top Bottom