***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Something tells me there's no complaining when these guys have to take European History before 1700 :lol:

Funny thing, and very funny he mentioned “Stanford”. Because the same people running and intentionally destroying the world today, and funding these culture wars….made the EXACT SAME CLAIMS at Stanford, close to 30 years ago :smh: :smh:

4C776F6F-1C74-4EBB-B9B3-D888A0EB96AB.jpeg

The economy was bad wayyyy before Covid. People weren’t working wayyyy before Covid. These people love to casually lie, as if the US hadn’t been outsourcing jobs to China other countries for at least a decade, for cheap labor….

Like America all of a sudden got bad exactly when Covid reared her ugly head. This was brewing far before that. :lol: :lol:

Complaining about AMERICANS benefiting from stimulus checks, but nothing about banks being bailed out, or sending money to the Ukraine and Afghan Refugees, or the money America sends Israel.

Give me a break.

I literally got an alert on my phone about 2 years ago from Uber, asking me if I wanted to donate to the Afghan refugee cause :lol: :lol:

Trump’s people rhetoric on the economy is ********

But I think people severely underestimate how much those stimulus checks cost

It was like over 800 billion. Aid to Ukraine, refugees, and yearly aid to Israel combined probably not touching 10 percent of it.

Bank and business subsidies exceed it though

Trump’s people rhetoric on the economy is bull****

But I think people severely underestimate how much those stimulus checks cost

It was like over 800 billion. Aid to Ukraine, refugees, and yearly aid to Israel combined probably not touching 10 percent of it.

Bank and business subsidies exceed it though

The US makes at minimum a trillion dollars yearly off tax payers….. it’s basically money that WE put into the kitty. At time when it really needed to happen, it did.

It was our money.

The government basically should serve as an insurance policy with all the fees and taxes that they impose it’s citizens. The least they could do is not complain about giving us back our money.

If you can bail a damn bank you you can bail people out who pay in.

More people would enter the work force if most jobs didn’t suck. You got people doing anything they can not to work and I don’t blame them.

The US makes at minimum a trillion dollars yearly off tax payers….. it’s basically money that WE put into the kitty. At time when it really needed to happen, it did.

It was our money.

The government basically should serve as an insurance policy with all the fees and taxes that they impose it’s citizens. The least they could do is not complain about giving us back our money.
This is flat wrong

The US government doesn't make money off of taxpayers. They collect legally owed taxes to pay legally own payments and services

Yes, the government collects over a trillion in tax revenue every year, but the government also runs massive deficits every year. They have to finance what they are short by issuing debt. This was true before Covid, this has been true since like 2002

If we cut all military spending, there would still be one. If we cut all foreign aid, there would still be one

The stimulus checks were financed through debt. Legally the structure of the program was a tax refund, but there was no money sitting in the government coffers to pay for them

Taxpayers are paying for the program through higher inflation, potential increases in future taxes, and potential cuts in services

This is how the fiscal system works. The federal government is not some profit-making entity that decided to give make more than what it needed.

You can call conservatives talking points about the stimulus BS without engaging in the libertarian magical thinking

Government can’t make profit if it’s tax payer funded.

I work for a for profit government and we can make profit and do whatever tf they want because it isn’t tax payer funded.

The damn republican scums keep trying to get their hands in on it and want the state to take it over but the democrats let us rock.

The state of mn has a huge surplus right now that’s why people keep attacking the governor. I’d like to see him burn it up in services and roads/bridges personally than get rebate checks. Our roads are horrible.

Back
Top Bottom