***Official Political Discussion Thread***

As someone who works in the esports industry, YES.

You can't imagine the things devs tell me when it comes to wages...

I've been telling every engineer who will listen to move to product management. The web and it's endless changing frameworks and complete site rewrites have seriously devalued subject matter expertise in an existing code base.

Either that or pick up Fortran/Cobol and hold companies that refuse to deprecate their mainframes hostage.

If he’s lucky he can push a base model x5 like every single dump truck driver at my job. :lol:

Parking lot looks like a strip clubs.

Loooool

Also, is that what’s going on? They’re trying to have a token black GOP Senator run for President???

The grand scheme of the Republican party is to appear as diverse as possible to counter the accusations of racist policies coming from the Left. The gameplan is to keep as much of that power as possible and rebrand the socioeconomic success of White people as nothing but the result of hard work and not the consequence of post-Reconstruction policies. This is where your Tim Scotts, Herschel Walkers, minority religious leaders and all other rich minorities come in: their role is to gaslight the people with the message that opportunity for all, no matter their race, already exists in the US. This is also why they need to squash the competing narrative rising from CRT studies on American laws.

I left Florida for a reason. Next year will be a decade lol

most my family is in Florida. My cousin will die in a year or so due to drinking herself to death.

my two other cousins left (nyc and South Carolina) . Uncle is chilling his ex wife is homeless.

my grandparents can’t leave their house really due to Covid raging.

Florida is a wild place. :lol:

Seeing way too many deflections and whataboutisms from liberals/progressives acting as Cuomo apologists today. This one really got me:

9501A1C7-AB8C-4354-9CDB-1EEFF12D51D5.jpeg

Prioritizing your ideology over doing what's right is politics at its worst.
They do have a point.

American politics have devolved into a naked struggle for power, and it's hard to justify being principled when the other side clearly isn't and is openly trying to consolidate power in any way possible.

I don't like what is happening with Cuomo or Newsom for that very reason. Trying to ignore the greater context is naive IMO.

They do have a point.

American politics have devolved into a naked struggle for power, and it's hard to justify being principled when the other side clearly isn't and is openly trying to consolidate power in any way possible.

I don't like what is happening with Cuomo or Newsom for that very reason. Trying to ignore the greater context is naive IMO.
So what's the answer then? A race to the bottom where we throw ethics and integrity to the wayside and support anyone who we agree with ideologically despite the reprehensible things they've done? That seems like a great way to make our already toxic political environment even more toxic.

Also this isn't new. Obstructionism and power struggles have been constant throughout our history.

If you're gonna change your stance on this type of behavior based on the letter next to someone's name, that tells me everything I need to know.

They do have a point.

I get what you are saying but it doesn't have to be a binary decision. Principles are important, people should try to stick to them as much as possible, but folk just concede power to the right because to it because they could be greater consequences just to appear principled. You have to play out the downstream effects of these decisions.

Cuomo and Newsom are not the same though

Cuomo brought this nonsense on himself with his ****** up behavior. And getting rid of him won't result in conceded any power to the right. I see no reason to try to consider keeping him.

Newsom is getting railroaded. The dude didn't anything to deserve this, this should not be happening. Most want him to be Governor, most will vote for him to remain governor, and a wonky recall system is probably gonna cost him his position. His leaving concedes power to the right.

Last edited:
Our democrat governor lets the police kill people and posts thoughts and prayers on Twitter and sends in the riot squad when people protest it and puts up a curfew.

democrats can be scum too. Scum is scum bruh.

So what's the answer then? A race to the bottom where we throw ethics and integrity to the wayside and support anyone who we agree with ideologically despite the reprehensible things they've done? That seems like a great way to make our already toxic political environment even more toxic.

Also this isn't new. Obstructionism and power struggles have been constant throughout our history.

If you're gonna change your stance on this type of behavior based on the letter next to someone's name, that tells me everything I need to know.
I don't think he is talking about party loyalty, he is talking about the consequences of losing power to conservatives by these means

I am all for getting rid of a Democrat that has done some *******

But let us suppose a supreme court justice dies, and then Sherrod Brown, Tester, Manchin, or Kelly get caught up in a scandal like Cuomo.

The calculation can't just be "get rid of the problematic guy". It should also be "if we do, then the Republicans governor from that state gets to replace a Dem with Republican, Mitch McConnel takes over the Senate, and the Supreme Court appointment is blocked, which has consequences for millions more people"

Yes we should be principled, but there are costs to doing that. One day the cost might be really damn high. So folk should not be naive about that.

Last edited:
Joey not my president Biden is doing this in poor taste. President for life Donald Trump was going to have an infrastructure week but the black cloud of the Russia investigation prevented him from doing it.

To be fair, who really thought Trump was gonna pass a trillion-dollar infrastructure deal.

Oh yeah....

ya do know infrastructure is next on da agenda right.....right?

Have your Mayor resign too. Dude is a 🤡.

I don’t even hear anything about Melvin, I’m in St. Paul.

if you mean Jacob Frey yeah **** that dude. Ultimate fake virtue clown.

Minneapolis really has gone to hell, yesterday I was working and I had to go to a park. Just overrun with homeless people because they refuse to help them. Dude just nods at me and sparks up some crack. :rofl:

they don’t actually do anything. They just post some **** on ig and let the police continue to go on rampages and never address any of our other issues.

it’s two Minneapolis, the yuppy fools who moved here from Bismarck just stepping over sleeping homeless people.

I don't think he is talking about party loyalty, he is talking about the consequences of losing power to conservatives by these means

I am all for getting rid of a Democrat that has done some ****ery

But let us suppose a supreme court justice dies, and then Sherrod Brown, Tester, Manchin, or Kelly get caught up in a scandal like Cuomo.

The calculation can't just be "get rid of the problematic guy". It should also be "if we do, then the Republicans governor from that state gets to replace a Dem with Republican, Mitch McConnel takes over the Senate, and the Supreme Court appointment is blocked, which has consequences for millions more people"

Yes we should be principled, but there are costs to doing that. One day the cost might be really damn high. So folk should not be naive about that.

Governor ⚫ Face Northam handled things perfectly and he essentially turned into Brotha Malik Shabazzz. We have to be principaled but I agree that we have to be very careful.

I don’t even hear anything about Melvin, I’m in St. Paul.

if you mean Jacob Frey yeah **** that dude. Ultimate fake virtue clown.

Minneapolis really has gone to hell, yesterday I was working and I had to go to a park. Just overrun with homeless people because they refuse to help them. Dude just nods at me and sparks up some crack. :rofl:

they don’t actually do anything. They just post some **** on ig and let the police continue to go on rampages and never address any of our other issues.

Frey should he thr Mayor of 🤡 Show USA and leave Minneapolis to competent leaders.

Back
Top Bottom