***Official Political Discussion Thread***

giphy.gif

Does his middle name also start with a K?

Is Klete short for Kletus?

So many questions :emoji_thinking:

We can agree to disagree. And it doesn’t have anything to do with the religion aspect of the black church.

My point is that they tend to take a lot from certain communities and they need to contribute more.
If Black women were in charge of the church, I’d have some confidence in them. There are far more Eddie Long’s in the church, than there are of the Calvin Butts ilk.

If Black women were in charge of the church, I’d have some confidence in them. There are far more Eddie Long’s in the church, than there are of the Calvin Butts ilk.

There are black women that lead churches. Obviously Eddie was problematic.

Churches are flawed because people are. But that doesn’t change that they can do a lot more to strengthen black communities from a financial standpoint. Whether someone is religious or not.

There are black women that lead churches. Obviously Eddie was problematic.

Churches are flawed because people are. But that doesn’t change that they can do a lot more to strengthen black communities from a financial standpoint. Whether someone is religious or not.
Churches should not be in the financial business. The Church attracts the most questionable of folk, due to the theology that they preach. Saving souls does not equate to saving money.

We can agree to disagree. And it doesn’t have anything to do with the religion aspect of the black church.

My point is that they tend to take a lot from certain communities and they need to contribute more.

This could be said for most churches regardless of race. You basically saying they need thoughts and prayers

1610670182517.png

Churches should not be in the financial business. The Church attracts the most questionable of folk, due to the theology that they preach. Saving souls does not equate to saving money.

Which is why I said it shouldn’t have anything to do with religion.

I’m talking about pillars of the community needing to pour more into said communities financially.

This isn’t really a novel concept.

Creating financial stable communities starts and ends with the people who actually live and work in them.

Cant expect someone to come in and throw money at issues and expect anything to change.

I am one of the lucky few who got the Ignorya© delk vaccine early, 2 doses. Guys, it's 95% effective and the only side effect is some numbness and tingling where I want to click "Show ignored content" at the blockage site. Right now they're just distributing it to first responders but hopefully the masses of this thread can get access later this year as well.

1610671067151.png

Which is why I said it shouldn’t have anything to do with religion.

I’m talking about pillars of the community needing to pour more into said communities financially.

This isn’t really a novel concept.
As long as it is connected to a church, there will be someone who will think that some god told him something. 99% of the time, this isn’t good, especially for Black people.

As long as it is connected to a church, there will be someone who will think that some god told him something. 99% of the time, this isn’t good, especially for Black people.

Sadly, that’s true.

But those folks would believe that either way.

What’s your idea?

That's what its been. CASH act was an amendment to the $600

We'll see if AOC and others can get momentum to make it a clean 2K once it hits the House floor

Not a chance after AOC blasted the older dems for not grooming new, more progressive new blood. I was hoping 2k meant 2k but i shoulda known it was gonna be 2k total.

1400 in the package. That 600 they gave before, that was slick. Adding up to $2G. :lol:

I always thought it was the $600 we'll receive now (did that pass? lol sorry living under a rock atm) and if Dems get control of the senate they would add 1400 to make a total of 2000

$1400 check to make the total $2000
Extension of UI benefits to September I believe (additional $400/week)

The initial bipartisan resolution was for $2000, Mitch McConnell was the one that held it up cause of the election and being a ******* .

Back
Top Bottom