Official Pizza Appreciation!

Olo in Worcester, MA has some of the best if you like Detroit style

faint-fainting.gif

The slice I had at L’Industrie last week confirmed that I’m not the biggest fan of pepperoni pizza. It’s okay, just not my first, second, or third choice when it comes to pizza toppings.

They make a spicy salami slice that I think is a lot better.

Well he shouldn't be eating pizza if he has those intolerances.
I know someone who went a year without eating ice cream due to lactose intolerance. Used things like rice milk and dairy free ice cream as substitute. After a year he gave in. He was excited, "it was time". Ended up hurting his stomach and since then says he hates the taste of ice cream, cheese, sour cream etc. But it's really not the taste.

Pizza palace on dyckman was the first “hole in the wall” spot I tried when I first visited nyc. It was 🔥. Tried out lombardis and it wasn’t all that imo. I liked prince street pizza better. Any other recommendations for when I go back? Usually stay in tribeca and hunts point area when visiting out there.
I had Lombardi's few years ago. It was 10 outta 10 but I'll never eat it again & here's why. It's great authentic Italian pizza but not my NY style pizza. The ingredients were so damn fresh & soft dough too but it just didn't excite my taste buds like a regular NY style slice does. Your next trip try Best Pizza(Williamsburg, Brooklyn)/New Park Pizza(Howard Beach, Queens)/Dani's House of Pizza(My absolute favorite pizza, also in Lefferts, Queens)/Krave It(Bayside. Bell Blvd, Queens). Krave It has a lot of wacky specialty slices. I don't drink but they're known to be great drunk food from what I've been told lol. Also another great pizza joint in Queens is Vaccaro's on Little Neck Pkwy. There's also a great spot called Hangry not too far from Vaccaro's. Hangry is basically an all Halal Krave It.

The slice I had at L’Industrie last week confirmed that I’m not the biggest fan of pepperoni pizza. It’s okay, just not my first, second, or third choice when it comes to pizza toppings.

They make a spicy salami slice that I think is a lot better.

Pepperoni is it for me

But a good spicy salami or soppressata is always better

I will take any of the above over sausage which can be hit or miss

Pepperoni is perfect for me. My local places don't even have a selection of Italian cured meats for toppings. I never travel far for pizza but there's a spot in Queens called Singa's Pizza that I loved as a kid and need to try again.

I know someone who went a year without eating ice cream due to lactose intolerance. Used things like rice milk and dairy free ice cream as substitute. After a year he gave in. He was excited, "it was time". Ended up hurting his stomach and since then says he hates the taste of ice cream, cheese, sour cream etc. But it's really not the taste.
It's funny i'm good with cheese, and some milk and ice creams do me nothing but others will have me curled up like Soundwave. Got tired of trying to figure it out so do mostly no dairy milk or keep lactaid on deck.

What's this "cold cheese" situation? Like the entire pizza is cold like a cold grandma pizza? Or like the cheese is still in shredded form and hasn't been melted? I'm confused.

What's this "cold cheese" situation? Like the entire pizza is cold like a cold grandma pizza? Or like the cheese is still in shredded form and hasn't been melted? I'm confused.
The pizza itself is hot and they put a handful of cold cheese on top of it straight out of the oven.

It was essentially created for drunk college kids so they wouldn't burn their mouths when they try to scarf down a burning hot slice. It's okay for what it is. Not my favorite way to eat pizza, not something I'd ever order during daylight hours or sober, but I order it 1-2 times/year after a night of drinking and it hits the spot.

Looks like something foul I'd do when I got home from school in like the 3rd grade except I'd at least toss it in the microwave

This hit the nail on the head for that cold shredded pizza. Basically an adult lunchable that's semi cooked underneath, which would explain the cult following. There's subreddits for lunchable pizza loving adults.

Back
Top Bottom