Official Pizza Appreciation!

Can we get your ratings on each place?

Cuz you hit a lot of spots and I’m interested to know if I should walk over 😂
I don't really wanna start rating each place. Too many to rate at this point. But Coda is absolutely worth a go if you like Neapolitan. I suggest making reservations ahead of time. Between the dough and temp they use, the crust is just right. Not soupy like a lot of Neapolitans. Crust holds together well & flavors are on point.

Last edited:
Went to New Haven & Derby,CT for pizza & donuts. Got my personal fave Modern. Their regular is phenomenal(best in CT imo) & veggie bomb was really good too. A dozen donuts from Donut Crazy.

And regular from Roseland Apizza in Derby. The dough, char & under carriage are excellent on all 3 pies.
20230307_161201.jpg
20230307_154139.jpg
20230307_152000.jpg
20230307_143338.jpg
20230307_143111.jpg
20230307_141541.jpg
20230307_141453.jpg
20230307_140259.jpg

Is that blue & white one a Chocolate Chip Cookie Donut?
Yes sir, that's exactly what it is. They call it the Cookie Monster.
Walking bred
and zmaqstool

The damn ANCHORS holding it down baby

Got me ready to throw this diet out the window
You know it! I just try to barely keep up with walkingBred walkingBred he's the NT 🍕 King. And lol, yeah if you're dieting stay away from this thread :lol: .

Do people actually listen to portnoy’s reviews or just enjoy watching his show?
id say people may not personally like portnoy but they sure do like watching the content

3-4 years ago he was avg just about 2M views per review

ovb now that is much much lower as people tend to not care anymore but what he did at that time was legendary by just doing pizza reviews lol

it deff helps those small business out as well

Hated him at first but he grows on you

And like others said he’s helped out so many spots

Not even just pizza spots but small biz

Even one near me

Went to New Haven & Derby,CT for pizza & donuts. Got my personal fave Modern. Their regular is phenomenal(best in CT imo) & veggie bomb was really good too. A dozen donuts from Donut Crazy.

And regular from Roseland Apizza in Derby. The dough, char & under carriage are excellent on all 3 pies.
20230307_161201.jpg
20230307_154139.jpg
20230307_152000.jpg
20230307_143338.jpg
20230307_143111.jpg
20230307_141541.jpg
20230307_141453.jpg
20230307_140259.jpg
Modern the GOAT :pimp:

Saving the spots for Sunday

Cheat day 😈
Nice! Enjoy it bro. What spots will you be hitting up?
my guy zmaqbool zmaqbool can give portnoy a run for his money with the pizzas reviews

my man stays blessing NT with reviews
My boy 💪, ty for all the love . My dude fluid hips fluid hips said the same...you guys are giving me the confidence to start doing just that :emoji_hearts:. Down North in Philly is still on my list- soon. Pizza is life :wink:.

A lot of people do listen to his reviews & ratings. However, one can easily tell he does what he does for entertainment & has close to 0 knowledge on what makes a good pizza(he's gotten much better). I watch his reviews mainly because I like to see what's around me in the Tri-state area & the Northeast in general. If I like what I see I save it & eventually make the effort to go and try it out. Because of him I've tried some banging *** pizza in my city & Jersey/CT which otherwise I wouldn't have known about more than likely.

In my pizza travels that I've tried going by his reviews & scores I've come to the realization when the owners or employees of the pizza joint he's trying pamper him, gas him up & show how oldschool & family oriented the joint is he inflates the scores big time! I've tried 1 or 2 spots he gave an 8.5 or above to & if you minus the "oldschool Eye-talian family vibes" the pizza would be considered just mediocre. He has a *******-ish type of personality(he's from Boston :lol: ) but he has done a ton for small businesses especially during the pandemic. Like saved these places from going bankrupt and having to close up shop. So he does have some good in him.

No arguments there. Modern is hands down Connecticut's GOAT pizza. Love the tang of the sauce & their cheese blend is so unique. Dough has a nice flake to it as well. You ever try Roseland?
I have not. Next road trip I make up I’ll have to check it out.

Haven’t even been to New Haven in like 3 years.

I’ve never gone to a pizzeria because he reviewed it but I do respect his reviews. He takes the scores seriously for the most part. I know he’s rated Amore and Lucia Pizza in Flushing. But there are still some spots he hasn’t rated.

Back
Top Bottom