Official Pittsburgh Steelers vs Tennessee Titans Thread. NFL Season Kickoff!!

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Suggest is much different than out-right laugh at the idea, which is what most of these guys in here were doing before the case was made for him.
Ward being a Hall of Famer was never the main issue; your absurd claim of there not being three receivers better than Ward over the past decade was what started this.
I thank you for at least doing the research that I was looking at before just shooting off at the mouth like these other guys. I know we don't always get along on here, but at least I can count on you to generally back up anything you say.. that's saying something around here.
"Shooting off at the mouth?"

You mean naming most of the same players that Jay just posted stats for?
laugh.gif

how many pump fakes did big ben throw

none.
laugh.gif

Lies - the entire debate started when about 3 of you and your kind (instigators) decided to mock the notion that he was a HOF'er at all. I brought up theother ideas to refute such simple-mindedness.

And no - you see, he backed it up with actual research but still came up with the same conclusion (or at least, he can assume at this point) that I had, thathe would get in.

The rest of these knuckleheads never actually put any thought into it outside of "duh, he doesn't get as many nike commercials as randy moss so heprobably sucks".

You're fusing together two separate discussions. The list of other receivers had nothing to do with the Hall of Fame.
Name me 3 other WR's in the league who have been more consistent than hines the last 10 years.. you can't !%@@%%@ do it.
Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Torry Holt
Derrick Mason
Isaac Bruce
Donald Driver
Amani Toomer
Muhsin Muhammad
Keyshawn Johnson
Alright. Now what?

Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Torry Holt
Derrick Mason
Isaac Bruce
Donald Driver
Amani Toomer
Muhsin Muhammad
Keyshawn Johnson

The fact that this is your list... tells me all i need to know about you.

You're fusing together two separate discussions. The list of other receivers had nothing to do with the Hall of Fame.
You don't think the best WR's of this generation have any bearing on the conversation of HoF?
laugh.gif

you guys go out of your way to discredit me sometimes.. i don't get it. you honestly can't understand how those two topics go together?
grin.gif

Name me 3 other WR's in the league who have been more consistent than hines the last 10 years.. you can't !%@@%%@ do it.
Fact: There are at least three names on that list better than Hines Ward over the past ten seasons.

You asked a question and got an answer. Simple. Is there anything else we can do for you tonight?
You don't think the best WR's of this generation have any bearing on the conversation of HoF?
laugh.gif

you guys go out of your way to discredit me sometimes.. i don't get it. you honestly can't understand how those two topics go together?
grin.gif

Are you feeling insecure about it?

Whether they're related or not has nothing to do with anything I have personally said in this thread.

Again, you asked a question that you apparently thought was unanswerable. It was not.

In conclusion, don't ask ******ed questions in haste.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Fact: There are at least three names on that list better than Hines Ward over the past ten seasons.

You asked a question and got an answer. Simple. Is there anything else we can do for you tonight?
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Are you feeling insecure about it?

Whether they're related or not has nothing to do with anything I have personally said in this thread.

Again, you asked a question that you apparently thought was unanswerable. It was not.

In conclusion, don't ask ******ed questions in haste.

Opinion. I don't feel anybody above TO and Moss deserve to get in anymore than Hines, and I think HoF voters will ultimately prove to be on my side there.

And if this is the dumbest question asked in S&T the last 3 hours I'd be surprised. I realize it's not a popular opinion, but what the +!#$ is thepoint of discussing something I agree with everybody else in the world on?

I haven't figured out a way to make this clear to all of you yet, but there is a CLEAR bias against certain teams and players on this board, and the samesort of clear love affair for others... and most of this, you guys are not even aware you hold.

I can honestly say I understand the favoritism and hatred I have towards certain things... i will openly admit this most of the time. Some of you though,cannot say the same thing.

Wow, glad to see the NFL season has brought out the beast in all of us.

Any sight of the Justin Gage TD gif?

marvinharrison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.hines ward

i swear they always find a way to win. now i didnt come in here to thread jack seeing as though im a ravens fan but yall always win at the end! last year yallbeat us in OT 23-20 then off that controversial holmes catch and the superbowl drive. i despise and hate the steelers with a passion but seeing that game lastnight was the same formula they used to win the bowl. they kill you on 3rd down conversions and play solid D. that fat bastard ben rapingsberger always pullsome crazy drive out his $!$$ to win a game
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

All that arguin and it's only game 1. Love it.
laugh.gif

NFL season on S&T is gonna be comedy.
laugh.gif

Can't wait for that 1st Cowboys Game Thread.

laugh.gif

I seriously love all the hate against us. Like ya'll seriously come across as mad on the internet
laugh.gif

Ya'll get so salty "Damn them Steelers we will beat them this time!!"
laugh.gif
Wait.....no you didn't again!!
laugh.gif

Keep on hating, we'll keep on lifting up Lombardi Trophies.
happy.gif

man i love the arguments on s&t. whats good nfl without the trash talking and arguing. appreciated you guys keep saying steelers find a way to win butthats been the way though. we rarely blow a team outta the water. usually we go into late 3rd n after with a small lead and grind it out on the ground. or puttogether a 4th Q comeback and then hold the slim margin. its been the case a lot of the times in the past 5 years. game management is why the steelers aregood. there are plenty of high octane offenses in the league but how many can put together a methodical drive consistently game after game after game. a lot ofcredit obviously goes to the D for being able to get the ball back to the offense in critical situations but ben delivers in the clutch. his style of play willalways have its share of critics. we all know he holds the ball way too long at times. non-steelers fans generally choose to argue that its his downfall forholding onto the ball and taking sacks. while the pitt fans argue thats what makes him a special qb, hes hard to bring down and he makes some incredibledecisions/throws while scrambling to get that 1st down. we'll take his cons with the pros, by now its proven that the pros outweigh the cons. no qb iswithout his faults. its not like ben hasn't proved himself. everybody brings up his poor superbowl XL performance but nobody brings up how amazing heplayed in the post-season games to bring the team to the bowl. if it wasnt for ben's tackle on nick harper in the afc championship game the steelerswouldn't have sniffed the superbowl. not to mention we had to win a string of tough games just to get into the postseason during that stretch ben playedvery well. inconsistent O-line play and lack of that run game (although that titans Dline was real good) is bothering me big time. we'll see if they dobetter next week.

Haha, I don't really know why Gage did that, but it is funny. Guy is like "yes.....YES....awww"

Back
Top Bottom