Official Pittsburgh Steelers vs Tennessee Titans Thread. NFL Season Kickoff!!

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Chicago next week? It's a wrap. DA BEARS

of course. forte is running against one of the better run defenses in the entire league and cutler is gonna throw to who? hester?
laugh.gif
callin it a wrap.. please

Joint felt like a Playoff game. I had to catch myself - I'm thinking "that's it, were going home...maybe next year". It's week 1
roll.gif

Hines ain't no damn HOF receiver off the numbers... But he'll get in like Lynn Swann did...

But sayin Hines is BUNS?
grin.gif
eyes.gif

That's a pretty fair statement. He will get in though, I don't know why people are surprised by that. None of that matter though compared to the goodpossibility of Mr. %!%+ LeBeau getting in this next year. Finally, the dream is realized
happy.gif

Originally Posted by brrraptors

of course. forte is running against one of the better run defenses in the entire league and cutler is gonna throw to who? hester?
laugh.gif
Hope is all I got man. Hope is all I got.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

1 TD, 2 Ints....Steelers win.

This is the %@%# Im talking about. Ben can post stats like that all season and the Steelers can go 13-3. People wanna dog Romo for his "December collapses" but fail to realize that unless Romo puts up 3 TDs a game, the Cowboys dont win. Thats the difference between Rapist 2.0 and Tony Romo.
Neither INT was his fault, and neither came in pivotal situations during the game. That's the difference genius.

Plus -Ben won't put up stats like that all year, check his career stats for proof.

Please... quit talking like you know something... like you know anything, matter of fact.

We get it - you are a cowboys fan, and you will defend them blindly, without any evidence whatsoever, til the death... in the face of completely irrefutableproof saying otherwise. Give it a rest already pretending like you know something though, you don't.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Tenn getting no pass rush now
smh.gif

The 4 man pass rush in the 4th and OT was garbage. I dont care if that is what they're accustomed to. It wasnt working. They should have changed it up. I would have rather seen Tenn take their chances blitzing every down instead of letting Pitt march right down the field.

vince young is gonna see none of that field this season. collins is a smart veteran. he reads the defense really well and his throws are on the money. thattitans D is looking nasty. that d-line is pretty ridiculous even without albert. if only they had some decent WRs

Originally Posted by dmxfury

NYRap, why the dislike of Hines? I understand if you are division rival, I didn't know other teams disliked him as well.....he plays the game how I want all the WRs to play (all around)

I actually don't have any dislike for him. I just don't think he's that nice at all. I give him props for being a successful QB to Wide out butthats about it from me. And I think he plays slightly dirty; broke homeboys jaw and had him out the whole season last year I think. Only Stealers players Irespect really are Holmes, Willie Parker, Big Ben (although some of his credit is undeserved) and Heath Miller

This is the %@%# Im talking about. Ben can post stats like that all season and the Steelers can go 13-3. People wanna dog Romo for his "December collapses" but fail to realize that unless Romo puts up 3 TDs a game, the Cowboys dont win. Thats the difference between Rapist 2.0 and Tony Romo.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Ward is a guy everybody would love to have on their team. the guy is a real good route runner, usually is pretty sure hands (yeah i saw that strip by grif) andprobably the best blocking wideout. even without entry into the hall hes still very very appreciated.

1 touchdown, 2 ints (one that was a jumpball at halftime, essentially a throwaway), 360 passing against one of the best Defenses in the league.Not what you would call a bad game.
grin.gif

Not to mention he came up clutch when it mattered, which is usually the opposite of Romo's performances, which is where most of the Romo criticism isdirected towards.

By the way, for those who quoted that statement, hope you realize that was sarcasm from that other thread about a week back with everybody saying Ben wasnt anelite QB....

If Polamalu is out, it won't matter who Jay has or doesn't have to throw balls to.

Kerry Collins had Justin Gage and Bo Scaife to throw to, and he put up 250.

vince young is gonna see none of that field this season. collins is a smart veteran. he reads the defense really well and his throws are on the money. that titans D is looking nasty. that d-line is pretty ridiculous even without albert. if only they had some decent WRs

Gage and Scaife are fine and Washington has the chance to turn into something very good. They'll be fine. The receiving core should be much better thanlast year.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Neither INT was his fault, and neither came in pivotal situations during the game. That's the difference genius.

Plus -Ben won't put up stats like that all year, check his career stats for proof.

Please... quit talking like you know something... like you know anything, matter of fact.

We get it - you are a cowboys fan, and you will defend them blindly, without any evidence whatsoever, til the death... in the face of completely irrefutable proof saying otherwise. Give it a rest already pretending like you know something though, you don't.
!**@ you just posted was irrelevant.

Ben doesn't have to have a good game for his team to win. Romo does. Plain and simple. And Im actually on my 'anti Romo' right now since I foundout he had something to do with Owens ending up in that so called city known as Buffalo. But the fact remains, he doesn't have a defense to put up 14.1ppgwhile he throws picks. Rapist 2.0 does.

See you in the Cowboys thread this Sunday
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
HEY!

Screw you.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Hines Ward=HOF?

LOL.

im saying

ward is not getting close to the HOF

i love how craftsy is quick to call someone a homer but dude +*** sucks anyone on the steelers

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

1 touchdown, 2 ints (one that was a jumpball at halftime, essentially a throwaway), 360 passing against one of the best Defenses in the league. Not what you would call a bad game.
grin.gif

Not to mention he came up clutch when it mattered, which is usually the opposite of Romo's performances, which is where most of the Romo criticism is directed towards.

By the way, for those who quoted that statement, hope you realize that was sarcasm from that other thread about a week back with everybody saying Ben wasnt an elite QB....

3 TDs, 1 Int, 345yds, 20/25 against one of the best defenses in the league isnt something you'd consider a bad game either. But it goes unnoticed due tothe "short comings" in "games that really matter." Even though when you actually analyze it, every game "really matters."I've never seen so much criticism placed on a QB has only had 2 years as a starter. %#!% is unreal.

And I think he plays slightly dirty; broke homeboys jaw and had him out the whole season last year I think
Who, Rivers? A legal block and the jaw was broke from the turf, not the actual hit. C'mon now, don't be supporting Bengals, haha

And again, Hines will be in the HOF, maybe it will be due to the success of the team, maybe because of the "intangibles", but it really isn't ashock if he gets in. Can't wait to go to LeBeau's induction this year and then when Bettis gets in, never been to a ceremony

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by S4L3

Hines Ward=HOF?

LOL.

im saying

ward is not getting close to the HOF

i love how craftsy is quick to call someone a homer but dude +*** sucks anyone on the steelers
That's not homer talk Mikey boy... whether I want it to happen or not, it's happening. Name me 3 other WR's in the league who havebeen more consistent than hines the last 10 years.. you can't !%@@%%@ do it.

Put that together with the things I listed and it's a wrap. Deal with it.

laugh.gif
hold on pimp slow down playa i just seen yall give up a hell of alot of yards to this old fart and gage Mr. gage that couldnt get no burn here inthe chi

dont let the media fool you you would be crazy to think they will be the same bears of old with no QB

but i agree no need to be calling it a wrap yall are the champs so respect is due

Name me 3 other WR's in the league who have been more consistent than hines the last 10 years.. you can't !%@@%%@ do it.
Dude stop...

He's getting in, but it's not because of numbers or him being an elite NFL receiver throughout his career...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Name me 3 other WR's in the league who have been more consistent than hines the last 10 years.. you can't !%@@%%@ do it.
Dude stop...

He's getting in, but it's not because of numbers or him being an elite NFL receiver throughout his career...
So what are the names then?

You don't just accidentally fall into 3 All-pros... it doesn't happen.

You guys wanna talk about Ben benefitting from a great defense.. how about Hines suffering from a run-first team his entire career, and still making very goodnumbers year after year...

Back
Top Bottom