Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by 2o4

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
CPU: AMD Phenom[emoji]8482[/emoji] II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz w/ 8MB Cache(AMD3)
8GB Ram :tongue:atriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division Viper 2 Edition DDR3 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC3-12800/HyperX Genesis 4GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 2GB) w/ Intel XMP
GPU:EVGA Geforce 1GB GTX 560 Ti DS
PSU:OCZ StealthXSteam 600W
HHD:Seagate 500GB Sata3
Case: Cooler Master Storm Sniper Case

Will these recent upgrades from summer be good for newer games releasing? How will they fair on max setting on 1920X1080
im using dual monitors a Primary:Benq G2222HDL and a Samsung syncmaster 2033
been wanting to test it out recent/ future games like skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, only games ive really used on the pc is Starcraft 2, San Andreas, Mafia 2, Counter strike 1.6 and source and tf2.
I plan on my cpu to an ivybridge once its released, along with new ram and mobo. or is this more then enough to keep me satisfied for a few years.

I don't think you'll be able to run too many newer games on max with that GPU. Maybe on lower settings you'll be straight

Originally Posted by 2o4

CPU: AMD Phenom[emoji]8482[/emoji] II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz w/ 8MB Cache(AMD3)
8GB Ram :tongue:atriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division Viper 2 Edition DDR3 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC3-12800/HyperX Genesis 4GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 2GB) w/ Intel XMP

Will these recent upgrades from summer be good for newer games releasing? How will they fair on max setting on 1920X1080
been wanting to test it out recent/ future games like skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, only games ive really used on the pc is Starcraft 2, San Andreas, Mafia 2, Counter strike 1.6 and source and tf2.
I plan on my cpu to an ivybridge once its released, along with new ram and mobo. or is this more then enough to keep me satisfied for a few years.

I don't think you'll be able to run too many newer games on max with that GPU. Maybe on lower settings you'll be straight

Originally Posted by 2o4

I'd say get a better GPU if you're planning to max out the new games. Got a GTX 560 Ti myself. It won't even max out a lot of the new games out on a single monitor at 1920x1080. Maybe Medium to High. BF3 Ultra needs more juice. Crysis 2 Ultra textures need more power as well. 
Although NBA2k12, BF: BC2, F1:2011, FIFA12 runs on Ultra with little problems.

Nice chassis, though. 

Originally Posted by 2o4

I'd say get a better GPU if you're planning to max out the new games. Got a GTX 560 Ti myself. It won't even max out a lot of the new games out on a single monitor at 1920x1080. Maybe Medium to High. BF3 Ultra needs more juice. Crysis 2 Ultra textures need more power as well. 
Although NBA2k12, BF: BC2, F1:2011, FIFA12 runs on Ultra with little problems.

Nice chassis, though. 

haha, damn looks like i'll need a 570 or higher. T.T
i could go for a lower screen resolution and turn down the details a bit.

haha, damn looks like i'll need a 570 or higher. T.T
i could go for a lower screen resolution and turn down the details a bit.

^580 or higher. 
Your card is still fine. Just set your graphics settings to Auto or something. Ultra isn't all that in multiplayer. Looks
pimp.gif
in Campaign, though.

^580 or higher. 
Your card is still fine. Just set your graphics settings to Auto or something. Ultra isn't all that in multiplayer. Looks
pimp.gif
in Campaign, though.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^580 or higher. 
pimp.gif
in Campaign, though.

ultra looks better on higher resolutions =D 

^580 or higher. 
pimp.gif
in Campaign, though.

ultra looks better on higher resolutions =D 

^ No doubt, but I'll need to buy a higher-resolution monitor + a much better GPU to achieve that.
laugh.gif

^ No doubt, but I'll need to buy a higher-resolution monitor + a much better GPU to achieve that.
laugh.gif

^ Yup, but a 580 is twice as much as the 560 Ti I currently have, it'll take a while.
laugh.gif

theres a place in calif called microcenter where you can get one for 349 with rebate, its the 1.5gb though 

^ Yup, but a 580 is twice as much as the 560 Ti I currently have, it'll take a while.
laugh.gif

theres a place in calif called microcenter where you can get one for 349 with rebate, its the 1.5gb though 

Didn't know there was so much AMD/ATI hate in here.  AMD is better than Nvidia in the Price vs Performance category in all benchmarks.  Getting rid of a 6970 for  a 580 is $100+ in cost difference for a couple fps. 

Plus, being able to run 3 screens off 1 card is
pimp.gif

Check the sig rig.  Eyefinity ftw.  Crossfire 6970s kills everything on max settings.

Back
Top Bottom