Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by philly035

Originally Posted by CWrite78

gaming pcs are most likely going to be desktop replacements.

well, not the mx11, but im guessing you're looking at getting a laptop bigger than 11.6 inches right?

look at some Asus laptops, they're a good value.

Originally Posted by philly035

any good deals on lian li computer cases? or any deals on good cases in general? Thinking about building a sandy bridge desktop with the current microcenter deal going on, and need a nice looking case. this one looks beautiful. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1146-page1.html

what are you looking for specifically? mid or full tower? water or air cooling? also, take into consideration how big GPUs are getting.
air cooling. Don't want to touch water cooling - just looking for something nice looking with great quality. I was addicted to diablo II back in HS, and with the rumors of a d3 coming this winter I want to be prepared to have no life again
glasses.gif
. Whether it comes out this year or not there is also a bunch of good games being released that I'd like to get. My x2 3800+ isn't cutting it anymore.

Mid tower would do fine, but I would not mind a full tower PC. Maybe take it to lan once every 6 months so i don't care about portability.

check out the silverstone rv02. it cools great and it looks badass too.

I need to get a headset.
Are there any that will work with both PC and 360? Cause I need a new one for my 360 as well

I need to get a headset.
Are there any that will work with both PC and 360? Cause I need a new one for my 360 as well

pretty sure any of the turtle beaches work with both. or at least the "high end" ones. you can also try astro a40/a30.

i'd personally get some ath ad700, with an astro mixamp. i dont talk online so i dont really care for a mic.

pretty sure any of the turtle beaches work with both. or at least the "high end" ones. you can also try astro a40/a30.

i'd personally get some ath ad700, with an astro mixamp. i dont talk online so i dont really care for a mic.

Just ordered a Dell XPS 8300 with the new i7 2600 Sandy Bridge chip. 
Can't wait to edit HD videos in Real time. 
smokin.gif

Just ordered a Dell XPS 8300 with the new i7 2600 Sandy Bridge chip. 
Can't wait to edit HD videos in Real time. 
smokin.gif

^came in here to post that. Well Im glad I decided to wait before I built my rig. Sucks though
ohwell.gif

*edit

It doesnt effect 6gb/s sata ports, just 3gb/s ports.
So if you upgraded youd probably be screwed but if you went with newer hardware in a recent build, you should be alright (assuming your HDD/SSD, OD is 6gb/s) at least until a replacement is manufacture, which I read was late Feb.

^came in here to post that. Well Im glad I decided to wait before I built my rig. Sucks though
ohwell.gif

*edit

It doesnt effect 6gb/s sata ports, just 3gb/s ports.
So if you upgraded youd probably be screwed but if you went with newer hardware in a recent build, you should be alright (assuming your HDD/SSD, OD is 6gb/s) at least until a replacement is manufacture, which I read was late Feb.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

good for intel
they deserve it

I am an AMD believer for now. Best bang for your buck as long as you dont care about those BS benchmark numbers. Most of the CPUs out right now are way to powerful for the average user anyways. Why pay for some %!%% I wont even use.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

good for intel
they deserve it

I am an AMD believer for now. Best bang for your buck as long as you dont care about those BS benchmark numbers. Most of the CPUs out right now are way to powerful for the average user anyways. Why pay for some %!%% I wont even use.

I was thinking the same thing until I started looking for motherboards.
I plan to do SLI sometime down the line, and there aren't many nice SLI AMD motherboards

I was thinking the same thing until I started looking for motherboards.
I plan to do SLI sometime down the line, and there aren't many nice SLI AMD motherboards

Is there a program that I can use to rename a group of files in a folder and subfolders all at once?
I need to go through my music folder and rename all the jpg images to folder so I can get the cover art the show on xbmc

Is there a program that I can use to rename a group of files in a folder and subfolders all at once?
I need to go through my music folder and rename all the jpg images to folder so I can get the cover art the show on xbmc

neither one can really look into subfolders.
I'll just do it manually whenever I feel like sitting down and going through it

neither one can really look into subfolders.
I'll just do it manually whenever I feel like sitting down and going through it

Back
Top Bottom