Official Oklahoma City Thunder VS Memphis Grizzlies Series Thread: OKC Wins

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by AG 47

I remember reading some stats that had KD +4 ppg when Westbrook was on the bench and Maynor was in.

Pretty revealing statistics.
So imagine if he had Chris Paul feeding him with Maynor coming off the bench. And you get to keep Perkins and Ibaka. KD might average 40 
laugh.gif

I think they're going to go after one of these scenarios in the summer though. Just a matter of preference. With Dwight you're going to have to give up Westbrook AND Perkins or Ibaka, plus a draft pick or Harden probably. With CP3, they'd really only have to give up Westbrook and maybe one other player or a pick.
i think they have a better chance at landing deron williams. Nets would get their "superstar" to sell tickets, Westbrook wouldn't have to worry about being a pure point guard, and D will would be close to Texas and playing for a contender.

i dont see why we would have to give up either ibaka or harden

who can offer more than this:
a 22 year old all-star (westbrook)

a quality starting center in the league (perk.. mullens would prob be thrown in as well, just to match things up salary wise.. so they get a developmental guy who is only 22 also)

quality bench guys (cook would be available and thabo as well.. wouldn't include BOTH thabo and cook though)

expiring contracts (nate, ivey and cook are all on deals that expire after next year)

and multiple 1st round picks

EDIT:
also have to remember orlando will try to unload either turk's or arenas' contract when trying trade howard..

another reason i dont think we would need to include harden or ibaka

so i think something like this could work:
westbrook + perk + nate + mullens + ivey + thabo or cook + 2 first round picks

for d12 and turk

magic can then turn around and trade jameer for something

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by AG 47

I remember reading some stats that had KD +4 ppg when Westbrook was on the bench and Maynor was in.

Pretty revealing statistics.
So imagine if he had Chris Paul feeding him with Maynor coming off the bench. And you get to keep Perkins and Ibaka. KD might average 40 
laugh.gif

I think they're going to go after one of these scenarios in the summer though. Just a matter of preference. With Dwight you're going to have to give up Westbrook AND Perkins or Ibaka, plus a draft pick or Harden probably. With CP3, they'd really only have to give up Westbrook and maybe one other player or a pick.
i think they have a better chance at landing deron williams. Nets would get their "superstar" to sell tickets, Westbrook wouldn't have to worry about being a pure point guard, and D will would be close to Texas and playing for a contender.

i dont see why we would have to give up either ibaka or harden

who can offer more than this:
a 22 year old all-star (westbrook)

a quality starting center in the league (perk.. mullens would prob be thrown in as well, just to match things up salary wise.. so they get a developmental guy who is only 22 also)

quality bench guys (cook would be available and thabo as well.. wouldn't include BOTH thabo and cook though)

expiring contracts (nate, ivey and cook are all on deals that expire after next year)

and multiple 1st round picks

EDIT:
also have to remember orlando will try to unload either turk's or arenas' contract when trying trade howard..

another reason i dont think we would need to include harden or ibaka

so i think something like this could work:
westbrook + perk + nate + mullens + ivey + thabo or cook + 2 first round picks

for d12 and turk

magic can then turn around and trade jameer for something

grizz fans..

given the physical nature your guys are using to guard durant, how the hell did he only shoot 1 foul shot in game 3?

obviously, you can't change anything.. but that surprised the hell out of me

grizz fans..

given the physical nature your guys are using to guard durant, how the hell did he only shoot 1 foul shot in game 3?

^from what i remember, he didnt do alot of driving to the basket. and when he did, they'd collapse, he'd kick it out or he'd score

GO GRIZZ....and a shout to all the folks (some of my peeps) dealing with them flood waters and snakes and @%%@

^from what i remember, he didnt do alot of driving to the basket. and when he did, they'd collapse, he'd kick it out or he'd score

GO GRIZZ....and a shout to all the folks (some of my peeps) dealing with them flood waters and snakes and @%%@

Someone posted this on the Grizz site and made a lot of sense:

1. We have a better coach. They spent pretty much the entire 4th quarter with Conley guarding the much taller Sefolosha. Never posted him up. Hardly ever even touched the ball. Grizz were steadily evaporating their lead from the defensive end and they sat there trying to play 4 on 5 offensively for the entire 4th quarter. The Thunder have no back-up plan on offense (or haven't showed it yet if they do).

2. The Perkins move was wildly overrated by the national Presti-lapdog media. The Thunder get zero post-up offense from their big men. Perkins, Ibaka, Collison and Mohammed are a nice defensive frontline rotation. And yes Ibaka can hit a wide open 15 footer. But they generate Zero post offense from their bigs and don't scheme to generate post offense in other ways. What was the last championship caliber team that couldn't run a post up play for one of their 2 bigs? Or didn't have another go-to post up play? And had no one at the 4 or 5 who ever under any circumstances commanded a double team?

3. We have the intangibles. Heart, Grit, Grind first and foremost, but Game 4 in Denver that put Westbrook under the microscope was one of the best things that happened to the Grizz. This series, it is not really Westbrook's fault. If you can limit Durant's touches (thanks TA and Battier!!), who else is he going to set up? Perkins? Sefolosha? Ibaka (which has happened some but requires a lot of space for him at the elbow)? But the narrative is taking hold and that is important, as it puts doubt, hesitation and pressure in the mind of their All-Star 2nd best player

Someone posted this on the Grizz site and made a lot of sense:

1. We have a better coach. They spent pretty much the entire 4th quarter with Conley guarding the much taller Sefolosha. Never posted him up. Hardly ever even touched the ball. Grizz were steadily evaporating their lead from the defensive end and they sat there trying to play 4 on 5 offensively for the entire 4th quarter. The Thunder have no back-up plan on offense (or haven't showed it yet if they do).

2. The Perkins move was wildly overrated by the national Presti-lapdog media. The Thunder get zero post-up offense from their big men. Perkins, Ibaka, Collison and Mohammed are a nice defensive frontline rotation. And yes Ibaka can hit a wide open 15 footer. But they generate Zero post offense from their bigs and don't scheme to generate post offense in other ways. What was the last championship caliber team that couldn't run a post up play for one of their 2 bigs? Or didn't have another go-to post up play? And had no one at the 4 or 5 who ever under any circumstances commanded a double team?

3. We have the intangibles. Heart, Grit, Grind first and foremost, but Game 4 in Denver that put Westbrook under the microscope was one of the best things that happened to the Grizz. This series, it is not really Westbrook's fault. If you can limit Durant's touches (thanks TA and Battier!!), who else is he going to set up? Perkins? Sefolosha? Ibaka (which has happened some but requires a lot of space for him at the elbow)? But the narrative is taking hold and that is important, as it puts doubt, hesitation and pressure in the mind of their All-Star 2nd best player

Is KD up to something?? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h3]Report: Durant Buys Condo In Downtown Miami[/h3]
May 09, 2011 4:59 PM EDT

okc_40.gif

Thunder forward Kevin Durant has reportedly purchased a condo in a luxury high-rise in Miami.

According to the South Florida Business Journal, a company affiliated with Durant bought a $1.825 million unit at 900 Biscayne Boulevard. The company, K. Durant Enterprises, closed on the property on March 30, according to the report. The unit is a three-bedroom, 3,535-square-foot condo.

The 63-story skyscraper is just blocks away from American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat, and only a short drive from Miami Beach.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1LtSYA5lH

Is KD up to something?? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h3]Report: Durant Buys Condo In Downtown Miami[/h3]
May 09, 2011 4:59 PM EDT

okc_40.gif

Thunder forward Kevin Durant has reportedly purchased a condo in a luxury high-rise in Miami.

According to the South Florida Business Journal, a company affiliated with Durant bought a $1.825 million unit at 900 Biscayne Boulevard. The company, K. Durant Enterprises, closed on the property on March 30, according to the report. The unit is a three-bedroom, 3,535-square-foot condo.

The 63-story skyscraper is just blocks away from American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat, and only a short drive from Miami Beach.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1LtSYA5lH

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

We have a better coach

roll.gif

you should have took that out cause me and you both know u dont buy that
laugh.gif

I don't Hollins is one of the best coaches in the league, but he is better than Brooks. As much as I like to blame Hollins for stupid decisions, Brooks has him beat.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

We have a better coach

roll.gif

you should have took that out cause me and you both know u dont buy that
laugh.gif

I don't Hollins is one of the best coaches in the league, but he is better than Brooks. As much as I like to blame Hollins for stupid decisions, Brooks has him beat.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

grizz fans..

I re-watched the fourth quarter + overtime again, it looked like he could have gotten three calls. One was when Westbrook thew it out of bounds when KD was posting up Tony Allen at 7:07 in the fourth. It looked like there was a bump there. Another was when KD was driving to the basket at 4:24 in the fourth. At 2:08 in the fourth, it looked like Gasol might have gotten a piece of KD's arm on a three. Otherwise, he took jump shots the entire time. Not sure if KD (or anyone) will get those calls on the road in a tight game.
ohwell.gif

Again, this was just the fourth quarter + overtime.

grizz fans..

I re-watched the fourth quarter + overtime again, it looked like he could have gotten three calls. One was when Westbrook thew it out of bounds when KD was posting up Tony Allen at 7:07 in the fourth. It looked like there was a bump there. Another was when KD was driving to the basket at 4:24 in the fourth. At 2:08 in the fourth, it looked like Gasol might have gotten a piece of KD's arm on a three. Otherwise, he took jump shots the entire time. Not sure if KD (or anyone) will get those calls on the road in a tight game.
ohwell.gif

Again, this was just the fourth quarter + overtime.

grizz fans..

They are fouling the *%*% out of him, especially Tony Allen. For one, you can't have 2 elbows in a defenders back, nor can you guard with 2 hands in their back, nor can you uproot them with your knee, nor can you push or grab. He is straight wrestling KD. Then Sam Young fouled KD on a breakaway, what appeared to be on purpose, and there was still no call. *%*% was disgusting.

KD needs to bring back the rip move and pump fake jump intos. For one, they are doing it and getting our guys with it without us even jumping so apparently the refs are prone to calling it, and secondly TA is such a wreckless defender he's prone to getting beat by that move. In fact, he lost a game at the last second because Billups pump faked him one time.

And I don't know much about Hollins, but I felt like they were doing OJ dirty about midseason, but I'd still assume he is a better coach than Scott Brooks. Everybody is. The Thunder have no plays, no offense, and he makes terrible decisions like he literally refuses to try to reign Westbrook in (in fact the opposite he went to him after the 30fga game and told him to "stay aggressive, play your game") and won't give Nate a look. Plus as the above excerpt which was drippling with bias mentioned, he left Thabo in in the 4th forever even though we needed scoring (Harden) at the time plus it allowed them to make the switch on Westbrook.

grizz fans..

They are fouling the *%*% out of him, especially Tony Allen. For one, you can't have 2 elbows in a defenders back, nor can you guard with 2 hands in their back, nor can you uproot them with your knee, nor can you push or grab. He is straight wrestling KD. Then Sam Young fouled KD on a breakaway, what appeared to be on purpose, and there was still no call. *%*% was disgusting.

KD needs to bring back the rip move and pump fake jump intos. For one, they are doing it and getting our guys with it without us even jumping so apparently the refs are prone to calling it, and secondly TA is such a wreckless defender he's prone to getting beat by that move. In fact, he lost a game at the last second because Billups pump faked him one time.

And I don't know much about Hollins, but I felt like they were doing OJ dirty about midseason, but I'd still assume he is a better coach than Scott Brooks. Everybody is. The Thunder have no plays, no offense, and he makes terrible decisions like he literally refuses to try to reign Westbrook in (in fact the opposite he went to him after the 30fga game and told him to "stay aggressive, play your game") and won't give Nate a look. Plus as the above excerpt which was drippling with bias mentioned, he left Thabo in in the 4th forever even though we needed scoring (Harden) at the time plus it allowed them to make the switch on Westbrook.

Gasol & Zbo have been getting murdered in the paint and you want KD to get calls on the perimeter ?

I'd say the refs have been pretty even

Gasol & Zbo have been getting murdered in the paint and you want KD to get calls on the perimeter ?

I'd say the refs have been pretty even

I think Harden needs to handle the ball more. He's the best decision maker on the team and can make plays for everyone else. The only scores the Thunder got in overtime were due to him. One on a pretty dump off pass to Collison, another pass to Collison that he missed but Ibaka got the putback and a meaningless three at the end.

Back
Top Bottom