Official Oklahoma City Thunder VS Memphis Grizzlies Series Thread: OKC Wins

Wow. 
laugh.gif

tumblr_lkvnd3KTm61qgiasao1_500.jpg

Grizzlies to keep same lineup for Game 4

O.J. Mayo started the second half for Memphis in its comeback win over Oklahoma City for Game 3, but Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins says he'll begin Game 4 with his regular starting five. Sam Young, who began the third quarter on the bench but helped ignite the rally with a thunderous dunk, will remain the starter at shooting guard.

"We're a team, and every game there's adjustments that have to be made," said Hollins, who then referenced a certain writer's suggestion that Mayo start Game 4.

"We've had other people that have stepped up and played well, and they go back to their role. It keeps the normalcy, it keep the chaos down and everybody knows what they're supposed to do. It's easy to just put O.J. in the game. It's not the first time I've started O.J. in the second half; I've started O.J. and Shane [Battier] in the second half. It's just the way the game is going and how I feel, it doesn't change what Sam has done. There's not a need to make a wholesale change because O.J. had a good second half."

During the game, it came out that Zach Randolph only arrived 60 minutes before game time. Hollins said he didn't know Randolph was late because he was dealing with media obligations, but that Randolph apologized to the team for his tardiness.

Otherwise the Grizzlies kept things loose at Sunday morning's practice, even joking about the play Hollins drew up for Zach Randolph at the end of regulation. The Grizzlies were actually chuckling as they came to the bench after the play, which was essentially foiled when the officials wouldn't let them inbound the ball on the left side as they drawn it up. Randolph ended up missing a 20-foot fadeaway in a crowd.

"I like to give [Hollins] some grief about that last play for Zach," said Battier. "We laugh about those things after the fact."

"That's this team. We know we're no good if we're tense."

"I had too many people in Zach's way," said Hollins with a laugh. "What happened was I drew up the play, and then the referee came over and said we could only move it one side because the ball went out on that side. So I told the guys to flip-flop it, but when Zach got the ball there were three guys around."
Link

Grizzlies to keep same lineup for Game 4

O.J. Mayo started the second half for Memphis in its comeback win over Oklahoma City for Game 3, but Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins says he'll begin Game 4 with his regular starting five. Sam Young, who began the third quarter on the bench but helped ignite the rally with a thunderous dunk, will remain the starter at shooting guard.

"We're a team, and every game there's adjustments that have to be made," said Hollins, who then referenced a certain writer's suggestion that Mayo start Game 4.

"We've had other people that have stepped up and played well, and they go back to their role. It keeps the normalcy, it keep the chaos down and everybody knows what they're supposed to do. It's easy to just put O.J. in the game. It's not the first time I've started O.J. in the second half; I've started O.J. and Shane [Battier] in the second half. It's just the way the game is going and how I feel, it doesn't change what Sam has done. There's not a need to make a wholesale change because O.J. had a good second half."

During the game, it came out that Zach Randolph only arrived 60 minutes before game time. Hollins said he didn't know Randolph was late because he was dealing with media obligations, but that Randolph apologized to the team for his tardiness.

Otherwise the Grizzlies kept things loose at Sunday morning's practice, even joking about the play Hollins drew up for Zach Randolph at the end of regulation. The Grizzlies were actually chuckling as they came to the bench after the play, which was essentially foiled when the officials wouldn't let them inbound the ball on the left side as they drawn it up. Randolph ended up missing a 20-foot fadeaway in a crowd.

"I like to give [Hollins] some grief about that last play for Zach," said Battier. "We laugh about those things after the fact."

"That's this team. We know we're no good if we're tense."

"I had too many people in Zach's way," said Hollins with a laugh. "What happened was I drew up the play, and then the referee came over and said we could only move it one side because the ball went out on that side. So I told the guys to flip-flop it, but when Zach got the ball there were three guys around."
Link

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Lol there is no way in hell you could get away with starting Maynor. His ceiling is Eric Snow, and even that's being generous.

in the minutes he does play, he's shown the ability to create for others and make open shots.

and you definitely won't have to worry about him "trying to get his shine on" and forget has a 30 ppg guy on his team.

Lol there is no way in hell you could get away with starting Maynor. His ceiling is Eric Snow, and even that's being generous.

in the minutes he does play, he's shown the ability to create for others and make open shots.

and you definitely won't have to worry about him "trying to get his shine on" and forget has a 30 ppg guy on his team.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Keep hating on my boy, he'll look just fine in purple and gold.

What I am scared of. I mean, he was managing the balance between scoring and passing well enough up until game 4. All it takes IMO is someone to tell/ show him what he is doing wrong and nobody in OKC is doing. Scott Brooks even admitted he likes Russ to stay aggressive so he told him not to listen to what the media is saying but to play his game. Mo Cheeks was a great pg and he's up there, I don't know why he's not getting into his ear. But certainly Kobe or Phil or even Odom would sit him down quick and tell him stop jacking %*@$%%% shots.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Keep hating on my boy, he'll look just fine in purple and gold.

What I am scared of. I mean, he was managing the balance between scoring and passing well enough up until game 4. All it takes IMO is someone to tell/ show him what he is doing wrong and nobody in OKC is doing. Scott Brooks even admitted he likes Russ to stay aggressive so he told him not to listen to what the media is saying but to play his game. Mo Cheeks was a great pg and he's up there, I don't know why he's not getting into his ear. But certainly Kobe or Phil or even Odom would sit him down quick and tell him stop jacking %*@$%%% shots.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

I remember reading some stats that had KD +4 ppg when Westbrook was on the bench and Maynor was in.

Pretty revealing statistics.

I remember reading some stats that had KD +4 ppg when Westbrook was on the bench and Maynor was in.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Addict4Sneakers said:

Really? That's not that revealing to me.

Honestly, it's not like KD did anything either. He missed jumper after jumper. Allen held him down. 

Honestly, it's not like KD did anything either. He missed jumper after jumper. Allen held him down. 

Addict4Sneakers said:

Originally Posted by PMatic

Link

This is stupid IMO, he must be content with getting off to slow starts and having to battle back.. This isn't the regular season where you make 2nd half adjustments to win and move onto another team, thats when it'd make sense to not make a lineup adjustment. They will be playing the same team who will be playing the same type of pack it in defense that has given the grizz OD amounts of trouble since game 1.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Link

This is stupid IMO, he must be content with getting off to slow starts and having to battle back.. This isn't the regular season where you make 2nd half adjustments to win and move onto another team, thats when it'd make sense to not make a lineup adjustment. They will be playing the same team who will be playing the same type of pack it in defense that has given the grizz OD amounts of trouble since game 1.

So imagine if he had Chris Paul feeding him with Maynor coming off the bench. And you get to keep Perkins and Ibaka. KD might average 40 
laugh.gif

I think they're going to go after one of these scenarios in the summer though. Just a matter of preference. With Dwight you're going to have to give up Westbrook AND Perkins or Ibaka, plus a draft pick or Harden probably. With CP3, they'd really only have to give up Westbrook and maybe one other player or a pick.

So imagine if he had Chris Paul feeding him with Maynor coming off the bench. And you get to keep Perkins and Ibaka. KD might average 40 
laugh.gif

I think they're going to go after one of these scenarios in the summer though. Just a matter of preference. With Dwight you're going to have to give up Westbrook AND Perkins or Ibaka, plus a draft pick or Harden probably. With CP3, they'd really only have to give up Westbrook and maybe one other player or a pick.

laugh.gif

i think they have a better chance at landing deron williams. Nets would get their "superstar" to sell tickets, Westbrook wouldn't have to worry about being a pure point guard, and D will would be close to Texas and playing for a contender.

laugh.gif

i think they have a better chance at landing deron williams. Nets would get their "superstar" to sell tickets, Westbrook wouldn't have to worry about being a pure point guard, and D will would be close to Texas and playing for a contender.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

right?
laugh.gif
maybe thats cause Westbrook scores more than Maynor?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

right?
laugh.gif
maybe thats cause Westbrook scores more than Maynor?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom