OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Never knew Randle had some diehards. I suppose that’s not any worse than the Frankhive.

But fac3 tak30v312 fac3 tak30v312 why do you prefer Randle over Obi?

He’s a mental dwarf who will be better suited in another town & role.

If the Knicks stay put, I'm good with it.

If they want to send Randle and Evan to LA for Westbrook and their 2 1st I'm good with it too.

We would be in an awesome position picks wise for sure and Westbrook salary would come off next year.

Looking at the stats neither Julius or Robinson were great rim protectors. >50% efg% <10ft. Julius defensive w/s is top tier. Randles +-2.3. Toppin has a better opponent fg% than Randle, he also has a +- of -2.3.

Randle also has always shot the ball better than his opponent <10ft. The whole team struggled on offense last season. Question is did the team struggle because Randle struggled or did Randle struggle because of the team

Cam numbers also say that he should be getting a consistent 15-20mins

Last edited:
I’m glad Ric is boosting IQs value.

Its more like RJ in general is better than that cavs package and the unprotected picks alone are better from the Knicks... but the trade is over... and even though I'm disappointed it didn't go down im actually ok we didnt make the trade... I just really hate the fit of both Brunson and Donovan as the starting backcourt... just feels to small to play defense againt other backcourts

This guy is an idiot. Forgot he was with us.
68FF3551-1BF5-4E77-BF13-611A49E2F8D0.png

how is he an idiot when he was just a mouth piece for Leon Rose?
In the Article Leon wasn’t involved in the trade talks, it was Rosas but obviously Leon would have to agree with Rosas for the final approval before taking it to Dolan. Also you must not about his track Record either.

i dont think the relationship with Randle and the fans is beyond repair, but i also dont see him having the humility to repair it

I think the front office is being pro active and trying to shop him sooner than later...He won't have the same leash as last year is my guess... one little slip up and they will trade him for peanuts watch

I mean… not for KP… there are some limits to how low they can go.
According to advance statistics KP is a level higher than Randle and has always been. His injury issues is due to game pace. They both have similar defense efg% below 10ft. I will have to find stats of the league avg. They both also shoot a much higher fg% below 10ft than their opponent . KP has a much higher W/S and about the same DW/S.

KP due to his height advantage would be a much better solution than both Randle and Robinson combined. He would both be able to play with Robinson and Toppin

Toppin numbers also show that he is not projected to be better than any of the players listed. Once he is facing the same competition as Randle on defense on a nightly basis his defense fg% will adjust accordingly.

According to advance statistics KP is a level higher than Randle and has always been. His injury issues is due to game pace. They both have similar defense efg% below 10ft. I will have to find stats of the league avg. They both also shoot a much higher fg% below 10ft than their opponent . KP has a much higher W/S and about the same DW/S.

KP due to his height advantage would be a much better solution than both Randle and Robinson combined. He would both be able to play with Robinson and Toppin

Toppin numbers also show that he is not projected to be better than any of the players listed. Once he is facing the same competition as Randle on defense on a nightly basis his defense fg% will adjust accordingly.
His injury issue is he is injury prone due to his awkward build but his game is built up like a SF. Also it’s hard to compare the two when KP left specifically to go be Luka’s number #2 and is now Beals number two meanwhile Randle for his many, many flaws is still the Knicks #1 offensive option putting up those numbers.

Basically how you compare Toppin’s role to Randle’s, KP role is not the same as Randle and he chose that.

Like I get the Randle hate, but it’s not hard to understand why the FO is not actively looking to move him for anyone who cannot also be a first option.

Back
Top Bottom