** Official NY Mets 2011/12 Off Season Thread ** Vol. No Way Jose

Originally Posted by Proshares

I was telling you guys two years ago you should have gutted this team in the offseason
laugh.gif

Now Joel Sherman is saying the Mets are shopping Ike as well. Why they would do that? Beats me. You're not going to get blue chippers for a guy who just got injured and had setbacks especially with Met docs and their recent history.
Sandy must be a +@!@*!! anti-semite. You really gonna trade Ike Davis? I hate this team.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Proshares

I was telling you guys two years ago you should have gutted this team in the offseason
laugh.gif

Now Joel Sherman is saying the Mets are shopping Ike as well. Why they would do that? Beats me. You're not going to get blue chippers for a guy who just got injured and had setbacks especially with Met docs and their recent history.
Sandy must be a +@!@*!! anti-semite. You really gonna trade Ike Davis? I hate this team.
lmao
sources say he wont. Calls were only due diligence.

personally only Ike is untouchable, at least at the major league level.

NO ONE should be untouchable. Untouchable for what? They've done nothing but underachieve and now with the entire division looking to spend money and bring up highly touted prospects we're looking at a $100M+ 5th place season. The firesale should've been done years ago, this is well overdue. CAN'T WAIT.

Ike isn't David Wright. He hasn't been here for 8 years and proved incapable of leading us to a World Series. You trade Ike and you're only gonna put yourself in a hole looking for a future first baseman with 30 homerun potential. I'd say Niese should be kept off the block as well since he's a young lefty, but who knows, maybe whoever misses out on Gio Gonzalez gets desperate and offers us a couple of good prospects.

Though I'ma huge Ike fan, if you are going to rebuild fire sale style is the best way to do it word to the Marlins. While I hate the Wilpons I have faith in Alderson rebuilding this team properly.

In other news, this might be the year I get trashed enough where I run out on the field

If ike is traded I will be completely done with this franchise.

He is a power bat with discipline and an above average fielder. He is also young and most importantly cheap.

I wanted Pagan of this team anyway. His Fielding decisions made situations worse. He swears he can everybody out.

Reyes earlier in the season people wanted to get rid of him until he went on his tear. I love Reyes but he is not clutch

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Though I'ma huge Ike fan, if you are going to rebuild fire sale style is the best way to do it word to the Marlins. While I hate the Wilpons I have faith in Alderson rebuilding this team properly.

In other news, this might be the year I get trashed enough where I run out on the field

laugh.gif

NT Summet at Citi Field April 24th against the Marlins? First game back for Jose. Lets get enough heads for a Jose chant when he leads off, then walk out and get hammered somewhere.

I have no problem with Reyes being gone but he should have been moved if they weren't even going to make him an offer, which they didn't. This team is going to be AWFUL for a good prolly 5 years.

My dad is going to be depressed smh.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

NT Summet at Citi Field April 24th against the Marlins? First game back for Jose. Lets get enough heads for a Jose chant when he leads off, then walk out and get hammered somewhere.

I'm wit it...dead @%!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

I'll do it if AMP runs on the field at that game.

Right now the last thing I want to do is this franchise any part of my income. The no offer part is still bugging Me

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

NO ONE should be untouchable. Untouchable for what? They've done nothing but underachieve and now with the entire division looking to spend money and bring up highly touted prospects we're looking at a $100M+ 5th place season. The firesale should've been done years ago, this is well overdue. CAN'T WAIT.

you took the words right outta my mouth.

it's going to be comedic when the marlins put reyes on the trading block around the 2013 trading deadline tho.

miami fans aren't known for their sports loyalty in any sport and once the novelty of their new stadium wears off and their barely over .500 their going to try and trim payroll and trade everyone. i could see it already.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

you took the words right outta my mouth.

it's going to be comedic when the marlins put reyes on the trading block around the 2013 trading deadline tho.

miami fans aren't known for their sports loyalty in any sport and once the novelty of their new stadium wears off and their barely over .500 their going to try and trim payroll and trade everyone. i could see it already.
If all goes well, we should have a couple of prospects to trade for him.

The Mets signed reliever Frank Francisco to a two-year contract. ($12 mill total)
sick.gif

In a team press release, the Mets boasted, “The 6-2, 250-pounder issued 18 walks and had 53 strikeouts. He converted all seven save opportunities and posted a 1.37 ERA (four earned runs/26.1 innings) after the All-Star break. Francisco hurled 16.0 scoreless innings from July 22-September 5.

Ya Gotta Believe right? ^&*# it, I'm ready. LGM.

I'd love to see Havens and Captain Kirk break camp with the team.

Back
Top Bottom