** Official NY Mets 2011/12 Off Season Thread ** Vol. No Way Jose

Originally Posted by Proshares

Check out the MLB thread. Posted up the future power rankings, Mets are 26th right now.
26th? Well, I can live with it. 
laugh.gif

1. Jon Niese got a nose job, Carlos Beltran's paid for it
2. Sandy Alderson has a funny twitter apparently.
3. *Insert latest depressing Madoff info*

I want the worst record in baseball this year so we can get the #1 pick.  Also, hopefully no one goes to any games so the Wilpons will be forced to sell the team.

This season will show what kind of manager Terry Collins is.  I'm not ready 
ohwell.gif

we should trade Johan this season for some prospects. He deserves to contend for a championship, and he obviously won't do it with the Mets.

Originally Posted by chino905

we should trade Johan this season for some prospects. He deserves to contend for a championship, and he obviously won't do it with the Mets.
Right now, his trade value isn't good as before. Hopefully he pitches great this season, so we can trade him for more values. 

Mets' fans are victims of horrible management & poor ownership...nevertheless, i made a bet with a Yankees fan for $150 that we would NOT finish last in the NL East. idk who the fool's gonna be in this bet. i'm prepared to have a bad season, but i don't think he's ready to lose that $150. that's at leas 1 win we'll have against the Yankees this y
laugh.gif

IM READYYYYY FOR THE SEASON!!

Santanas back, Bay WILL have a great year, Wright will beast with changes to field, Davis is gonna be back STRONGER. if youre not excited you dont like baseball breaux.

I OD'd on that single game pre sale the other day. Got my tickets for Joses first game back, a few rows over the left field wall. Field level for the Sunday Subway Series game and Mike Piazza Bobblehead Day in August against the Astros. LETS GO.

I was reading somewhere that if we traded Wright we would basically have to wait until next season because of his player option or something? Anyone know anything about him.  Either way its imperative he plays well this year.
I was dreading this season but I'm starting to have a little optimism.  Not for the playoffs or anything obviously but I really loved the hitting potential of Murph/Duda/Ike.  It just sucks that they all basically are best at the same position.

I just really don't want to give this team money anymore cause I don't think we will ever be anything until the Wilpons sell the team but it seems like they'll never do that.  Just sucks man.

David can waive his option for next year if he's traded during this season. So the team he would go to would only have him for half a season unless they work out a deal. We would get better/most prospects in return if we keep him the whole 2012 season, pick up his option and then trade him and his full year contract.

I'm torn on what Sandy should do. I don't wanna see him go (he's been my favorite player since Piazza) but he deserves a chance to be on a contender while he's still in his prime.

I hope Ike isn't affected by this possible Valley Fever situation. He's an important part of this team now and in the future.

I've had enough of Wright so I hope we trade him. Dude's really soured on me these past few years.
Like AMP, I refuse to contribute any money to this disgrace of a franchise until the numbnuts in charge sell the team, but who knows when and if that'll ever happen.

Santana's performance/health will determine how this season goes...

Originally Posted by d5

Santana's performance/health will determine how this season goes...
Eh.  I was really happy to see Johan back on the mound and he looked pretty decent considering it was his first outing of the spring and what's he's coming back from.  I think his leadership and presence is gonna be big.  That being said, there's a lot more to how this season will go than just Johan being healthy and performing.  If Wright has a lingering back/ribcage issue, Ike is affected by this Valley Fever thing, Bay continues to struggle, it will be a bad year regardless of whether Johan returns to Cy Young form (I'm not saying that's even possible).
I hate to say it but if we had Jose still, I'd actually feel confident about our potential.  Now it goes back to seeming like everything would need to go perfectly, all of these guys would have to have great years in order for the team to contend.  We've got weakness on either offense or defense (or both) at Catcher, 2nd, SS, CF.  Ike's health could be up in the air, who knows about Wright, Bay might not ever live up to even a year's worth of that contract, will any weaknesses Duda has get exposed/soph slump?  No proven closer, lack of lefties in the bullpen, a what really amounts to a bunch of rd & 4th in the rotation type starters.

There are reasons to tune in but it's tough to be positive about this team.  It's not right but I REALLY hope the Wilpons lose that Madoff case...if it means they have to sell the team and competent ownership can take over.  I think Sandy can help but he could do a lot more if he wasn't handcuffed by the Wilpons financial issues.

Back
Top Bottom