** Official NY Mets 2011/12 Off Season Thread ** Vol. No Way Jose

jose reyes time as a met is appreciated.  it sucks to see him go but it's better they didn't overpay for him.  now if he's fully healthy throughout his marlins tenure i'll take that back  but knowing the marlins and when attendance still sucks after the novelty of their new stadium wears off i could see them dealing him within a few years if their not contending.

that said, the mets make it extremely difficult to continue supporting them with all the boneheaded decisions they make.   i used to take comfort in talking to a bunch of my friends that are dodger fans and laughing at the fact that both our teams are screwed due to faulty ownership and dumb decisions but they got some decent players and mccourt is on his way out.   mlb please save the mets as well.  please.

Some Mets fan should organize a walkout of the stadium during the opening home game of the season...This team will never be +@%# until the Wilpons give up control.

Apparently everyone is on Pujols Watch tonight with this 10 yr Marlins offer.

Us? We're on Rauch Watch.

For me, John Rauch would actually be a welcomed addition to the bullpen. But at this point, no move besides somehow signing Fielder for a dollar and trading Pelfery for King Felix would do this fan base any justice.

Rauch is signed.

Pagan on the verge of being traded to the Giants in a 2 for 1. At least the Mets are wheeling and dealing. :/

Signed Frank Francisco and traded Pagan for Andres Torres and Ramon Ramirez. This team $@%*@%+ sucks. I hope they lose a 100 games.

I actually think Pagan is a better player than Torres and will have a decent year. Ramirez is ok, and will probably help us out in whatever meaningful games we play.

Pagan and Torres both had a good 2010 and down years this season. We'll be paying the 2 of them for the same amount we'd be paying Angel.

$6 mil a year for Francisco though?
30t6p3b.gif

Making moves to improve the bullpen.

Honestly don't care much at all that Pagan is just that, gone.

I think we need to do Wright a favor and trade him while he is still in his prime. Can't let this dude continue to rot with this organization, especially in the rebuilding mode that we are in.

Time to just blow it up completely and not worry about reaction with losing Reyes and Wright in the same year, the fan base is already going to be annoyed as it is. Might as well just commit 100% to rebuilding and see what Sandy and Terry can do.

Believe it or not, Terry got a lot out of this team this past season...

Angel was one of Manayas guys. Sandy came in and didn't like what he saw. I don't mind the move but now who leads off?

I guess Torres by default since he's now the fastest guy on the team. God this is gonna be miserable. Might as well bring back Art Howe.

Torres catches everything. He has some pop and is coming off a down year. He has something to prove this year and I think he'll do well.

Ramirez does well against right-handers. He doesn't throw hard, but gets the job done.

Literally NO ONE will be at games this year...Front row tickets going for 5 dollars on Stubhub.  I'm going to sneak in liquor and harass Jason Bay at least
pimp.gif

Reyes gone, pagan gone. Smmfh.

Nobody will be attending these games. We just became the worst team in the NL.
#@& !

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Literally NO ONE will be at games this year...Front row tickets going for 5 dollars on Stubhub.  I'm going to sneak in liquor and harass Jason Bay at least
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Might as well trade santana, wright, and Mr.Met himself.
Nobody wants jason bay. Dude is a dud and such a waste of $.

Tickets will be cheap, cannot complain.

12 million for THREE relievers?.....Omar was going to pay 17 million for Krod alone.

We have holes to plug in, have them compete.

If you like going to games this will probably be the best year in a while. The discounts are steep. I'm also interested in seeing the changes made to citi field.

I agree with trading Wright so that he doesn't rot here. Kid deserves better.

I said the same thing a season or two ago for Santana as well.

Best of luck to Jose. No hate in my heart for the man.

I was telling you guys two years ago you should have gutted this team in the offseason
laugh.gif

Now Joel Sherman is saying the Mets are shopping Ike as well. Why they would do that? Beats me. You're not going to get blue chippers for a guy who just got injured and had setbacks especially with Met docs and their recent history.

Back
Top Bottom